I love little things like this

Danikat.8537

I was in the Followers of Ascension camp in Skyward Reach and I found myself completely distracted from what I was doing by listening to the kids running around playing ascension. It was hilarious - especially when they "fight" the doppleganger and are recreating actual tactics players used in GW1, like getting it to sacrifice all it's health with necromancer skills.

I love finding things like this in the game, it's a really nice surprise. Especially because it's a great mix of lore/references to the previous game and amusing dialogue, and very much like real-life kids games.

I'd love to hear about other random things people have found and enjoyed seeing/hearing/doing too.

@Martnor.1746 said:It really is the small things that can improve your enjoyment of the game. I actually spent an hour just walking around Divinity's Reach just listening to npcs. The conversations can be so fun to listen to.

Yeah there's a lot of great dialogue in the game, especially in the cities.

And some really random dialogue too. Once I was standing outside the home instance in DR and the Town Crier came past and said "I enjoy pie!"

There's also two vase merchants outside Amnoon who get into an argument about whose pots are better, which gets increasingly silly - like one of them claims the other one is using cursed clay from haunted ruins and things...until the Choya come through and destroy both stalls.

@Danikat.8537 said:

There's also two vase merchants outside Amnoon who get into an argument about whose pots are better, which gets increasingly silly - like one of them claims the other one is using cursed clay from haunted ruins and things...until the Choya come through and destroy both stalls.

I remember seeing that argument go down during one of the demo events. It's a delightful exchange.

@takatsu.9416 said:Did you guys find Simba, Pumba, Timon in Crystal Oasis I believe it was? There are such awesome Easter eggs and absolutely hilarious and amazing lines as well as little lore discoveries. So much tucked away that makes it so fun.

I loved that! I spent ages following them around to see what they'd do.

I love the Domain of Vabbi mainly because it's full of people so awed by all those great things Joko has "done". It always cracks me up seeing those lies scattered about, and how they're handled with humour (for example the event in Garden of Seborhin where Joko defeats Turai Ossa in a play)

The little things and background conversations are big reasons I love this game.

Sometimes stuff feels really personal. Once when I was still pretty new, I jumped my Asura ranger into what I thought was a pond in The Grove--it was actually a hole in the ground. I fell to the lower level and died, someone rezzed me, and as I walked away, I overheard (more or less) this conversation. "Wow, did you see how far a fall that was?" "I know! I can't believe he held on to his bow the whole way down!" Never heard that one again. Another time, a Charr in Black Citadel asked me if it was true that Asura rangers used golems instead of pets.

I think my favorite background conversation is the Rata Sum one-- "Do you remember the golem uprising in the 80's?" Never get tired of hearing it, always puts a stupid grin on my face.

Tiny stuff to discover everywhere! Like when I talked to the refurbished Rata Novus golem in my home instance, and discovered that it not only had conversations, but was a jukebox for old GW1 background music. Trying out the squirt gun on the Lady Whiskington home instance cat and snow leopard cub. Finding strange NPCs in hard-to-reach areas, that give the feeling that stories are happening all around you.

I have to say, Anet seems to excel in the tiny, unnecessary things that make their world so much fun to be in.

@takatsu.9416 said:Did you guys find Simba, Pumba, Timon in Crystal Oasis I believe it was? There are such awesome Easter eggs and absolutely hilarious and amazing lines as well as little lore discoveries. So much tucked away that makes it so fun.

Not yet, but the Raiders of the Lost Ark snake temple made my day when I first found it.

Archived