Solo Roaming Montage - Weaver is OP

zengara.8301

Nice Play, it is probably your skill and not that weaver is OP per se^^I entcountered many weavers in solo roaming on my engi/holo/scrapper and many go down with some pressure applied. But the fights often were interesting and had a nice pace.On the other Hand the outgoing damage of a weaver is usually not that high and much of it comes from close range, so while they have an easy time bringing down glassy enemies, it gets difficult to bring down tanky/mobile ones. Just my experience.

Lots of rather useless rotations and wasted fields, but overall not bad.

Check stab/block/invulnerable on enemies more often and blind on yourself before doing hard CC or Firegrab, other things are minor issues/tricks ^.^And I like the fact that youre playing mender, not fireweaver /puke

/DOKI

Thank you everyone! xD

Yeah, even though it was some great fights vs some amazing guilds like Cake Walk, sadly I have not been vs a mesmer like in my previous video (cancer mesmer 4:29), these couple of weeks :S

https://youtu.be/C8WoeHH25oU?t=264

But I will try to find better fights, and be less sloppy with the rotations :b

-Again, tyvm for the opinions and how I can showcase some good fights, it will improve the next video! xD

@bluberblasen.9684 said:second video was way better : )1 or 2 points.

you lost the mesmer only 2 times . i think thats good : )your frame rate!!!! its too low. i think you put graphics to low ? when not do it and try dx912 pxy for more frames and smoother gameplay.

Glad you like it, I will find more fights like that then! :b

I usually have around 50-80 FPS. But I have noticed the quality could use an improvement, but I dont know if it is because of twitch, or my settings are kinda different. I will definitely check out dx 912!

-Again, tyvm xD

Very fun video to watch, especially the boss fight at 3:00. Honestly I'm not sure how you pulled that off especially with the +1 that came in. I cannot see how you healed up so well after the damage you took at 3:04. I'm watching the skills and you have a Riptide with blast but that's not enough to restore your health.

Why Dolyak runes instead of Durability? You'd get a little more HP, plus boon duration, and a couple more boons with Durability. For Dolyak you have just over 100 additional toughness plus a 60 HP/sec tick. Not sure though, because that tick with regen tick and soothing mist tick and the healing signet might be substantial.

I'd also consider Fried Oyster Sandwich and Ogre Sharpening Stone. This gives almost the same power but with a bonus of 10% damage reduction.

Something like this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsYncMAdOgF5C+4CM5iFWA7eLHmLzEJgDQAoYDk/qAA-jFyHQBAV9HA8AAy3JAwLaBC3+DzRJoN1BsElfBASAmpyUAo5h5ZeMPzz8MPSBs6QL-w

At that point you could consider dropping Sigil of Concentration for something like Battle.

@"juno.1840" said:Why Dolyak runes instead of Durability?

I'd also consider Fried Oyster Sandwich and Ogre Sharpening Stone. This gives almost the same power but with a bonus of 10% damage reduction.

Something like this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsYncMAdOgF5C+4CM5iFWA7eLHmLzEJgDQAoYDk/qAA-jFyHQBAV9HA8AAy3JAwLaBC3+DzRJoN1BsElfBASAmpyUAo5h5ZeMPzz8MPSBs6QL-w

At that point you could consider dropping Sigil of Concentration for something like Battle.

Oh I actually do have a dura runes, I however do have a more of a personal touch on the whole build (like the zerker dagger I got on it). Just so I am able to also fight cellofrag builds and win. it is simply designed so I can capture camps or at the very least sentry points, if I got a heavy heal guardian or another cellofrag ele that I simply can not kill open field, because their healing and movement. They are usually not able to sustain my damage in a closed area, so that is where I usually take heal enemies. Basically just so it does not end in a "chase scene", where the ele/mesmer/gurdian jumps around and heals forever.

And also, so I am able to deal more damage, than the usual sustain ele. But survive with the healing I get, while keeping them on their toes trying to remove condi and sustain the damage. ( I have noticed some amazing healing builds, that can sustain my damage in a sentry point, but those are very rare, (1 engi bunker healer person, to be more exact. Though other engis with healing builds can not handle it, so I dont know what he was running))

@spectrito.8513 said:Nice vid !But i think 800 healing power is a bit overkill, try to invest more in condition, playing with less healing is more challenging :D

Yeah I actually fully agree! I have looked into making a new build with the current update for eles, that lets me tap more into damage. And will do one tommorow and test it on stream. Theoretically, this will provide good sustainability but more damage. (Right now I heal more than my full HP, which is kind of a waste)

@"juno.1840" said:Very fun video to watch, especially the boss fight at 3:00. Honestly I'm not sure how you pulled that off especially with the +1 that came in. I cannot see how you healed up so well after the damage you took at 3:04. I'm watching the skills and you have a Riptide with blast but that's not enough to restore your health.

I've watched that scene a few times and now I think the heal sequence is (from your health at its lowest of 311) :

https://youtu.be/C8WoeHH25oU?t=184

1. Attune to water heal
  2. Riptide heal
  3. Earthen Vortex blast
  4. Transmute Frost Heal
  5. Earth dodge role blast
  6. Attune to water heal
  7. Water dodge heal?

All while getting 280 health ticks from the glyph. There's also a 220 tick in there which is not soothing mist because I see it go off around 3:35 when you don't even have soothing mist up which is regeneration. That could be Dolyak but the healing for Dolyak should be 61/sec. The soothing mist appears at 3:42 for about 367.

Very impressed with that chain at 3:04.

EDIT: 220 heal is regen, not Dolyak. Honestly I can't see Dolyak ticks in the video.

@juno.1840 said:

@juno.1840 said:Very fun video to watch, especially the boss fight at 3:00. Honestly I'm not sure how you pulled that off especially with the +1 that came in. I cannot see how you healed up so well after the damage you took at 3:04. I'm watching the skills and you have a Riptide with blast but that's not enough to restore your health.

I've watched that scene a few times and now I think the heal sequence is (from your health at its lowest of 311) :

1. Attune to water heal
  2. Riptide heal
  3. Earthen Vortex blast
  4. Transmute Frost Heal
  5. Earth dodge role blast
  6. Attune to water heal
  7. Water dodge heal?

All while getting 280 health ticks from the glyph. There's also a 220 tick in there which is not soothing mist because I see it go off around 3:35 when you don't even have soothing mist up. That could be Dolyak but the healing for Dolyak should be 61/sec. The soothing mist appears at 3:42 for about 367.

Very impressed with that chain at 3:04.

Basic healing Weaver chain is:Water - > dodge - > water 2 - > earth dodge - > earth 2 - > water 4 double tap - > water 5You can change place of some skills in rotation or do them simultaneously (like dodging and in middle of the dodge switching to water).

In the video he failed earth 2, also in the other video he did same. You can cancel it mid-animation to receive evade time you needed, but in order to proc water field you need full cast.

Oh wow, you guys analysed it extremely well. You are right, when I stopped with earth 2 I was confident that I would be able to regain almost full health, and the enemy was down therefor focusses on getting close to the ranger to pop primordial stance (dmg/vulnerability). But yeah, I usually switch to water while dodging, this is a more fluid way to remain untouched since I can press 2 right after, and still be evading, while getting healed.

Been playing something close to this build for about a week now and I'm very impressed with it. I tried all game modes with it: PvE, PvP, and WvW. It feels solid.

The healing rotations are pretty easy to master. I'm still working on the DPS rotations. I will say that air/earth is a wicked set of CC skills that are great.

Is a water field blast via earth dodge really superior to dodging in water for cleanse+2k heal followed by attuning to earth and blasting / using water 4/5 after?

@Widmo.3186 said:Lots of rather useless rotations and wasted fields, but overall not bad.

Check stab/block/invulnerable on enemies more often and blind on yourself before doing hard CC or Firegrab, other things are minor issues/tricks ^.^And I like the fact that youre playing mender, not fireweaver /puke

/DOKI

Asking sincerely - what is so wrong with fire weaver? It’s very squishy if you know how to bait evasive / healing cooldowns. Anyone who plays weaver should know how to counter fire weaver on a different class, no? I can’t see what is to complain about when it’s even more difficult to survive on than running water, and consequently provides more reward through better burst potential and hybrid damage. It also damages primarily through burn stacks - one single condi stack that is relatively easy to cleanse.

@solemn.9608 said:Is a water field blast via earth dodge really superior to dodging in water for cleanse+2k heal followed by attuning to earth and blasting / using water 4/5 after?

@Widmo.3186 said:Lots of rather useless rotations and wasted fields, but overall not bad.

/DOKI

Asking sincerely - what is so wrong with fire weaver? It’s very squishy if you know how to bait evasive / healing cooldowns. Anyone who plays weaver should know how to counter fire weaver on a different class, no? I can’t see what is to complain about when it’s even more difficult to survive on than running water, and consequently provides more reward through better burst potential and hybrid damage. It also damages primarily through burn stacks - one single condi stack that is relatively easy to cleanse.

Did I ever say that theres something wrong with fireweaver? No, its fine build, vs some MU its far better than mender/avatar/whatever power stat combo youre playing. What I said is that i puke at fireweaver, not the build itself, but overall condi-based builds. I just dont like them, prefer power based, I admit that Ive played chrono bunker which main damage were condis back in the HoT (and reached top XX leg divisions, but thats another story). Except for that, all other builds that came and were condi-based I find pukish. Nothing wrong with ppl playing them (at least i hope), i just prefer and like those who use power-based builds (its not a crime yet, isnt it?)Dont get me wrong, I play fireweaver sometimes too and as I said it has many good MU and great damage potential with burning stacks if played around them and stacked properly.Oh and dont be so loud about difficulty, youre basically trading sustain for damage. If you can stand your ground playing fire despite no water trait, do it. If you can find spots where you can burst enemy and properly use them despite not so good condi burst potential, play mender. Or play w/e you just like, its up to you.

Earth dodge is not superior, its another option. When water dodge is on CD, you need to cripple enemy, blast for more might stacks, need in rotation Lava Skin for offensive or defensive issues etc.

@Widmo.3186 said:

@solemn.9608 said:Is a water field blast via earth dodge really superior to dodging in water for cleanse+2k heal followed by attuning to earth and blasting / using water 4/5 after?

/DOKI

Did I ever say that theres something wrong with fireweaver? No, its fine build, vs some MU its far better than mender/avatar/whatever power stat combo youre playing. What I said is that i puke at fireweaver, not the build itself, but overall condi-based builds. I just dont like them, prefer power based, I admit that Ive played chrono bunker which main damage were condis back in the HoT (and reached top XX leg divisions, but thats another story). Except for that, all other builds that came and were condi-based I find pukish. Nothing wrong with ppl playing them (at least i hope), i just prefer and like those who use power-based builds (its not a crime yet, isnt it?)Dont get me wrong, I play fireweaver sometimes too and as I said it has many good MU and great damage potential with burning stacks if played around them and stacked properly.Oh and dont be so loud about difficulty, youre basically trading sustain for damage. If you can stand your ground playing fire despite no water trait, do it. If you can find spots where you can burst enemy and properly use them despite not so good condi burst potential, play mender. Or play w/e you just like, its up to you.

Earth dodge is not superior, its another option. When water dodge is on CD, you need to cripple enemy, blast for more might stacks, need in rotation Lava Skin for offensive or defensive issues etc.

I think you worded that a little aggressively just to say "do whatever you want man it's cool" but ok, cheers dude. At least you get it.(this is solemn.9608 - main)

@zengara.8301 said:

@"Prinzsecond.4863" said:I think we fought yesterday evening on piken desert borderlands (condi scrapper)^^ that build is really impressive with the heal, the CC and the condition pressure

Oh awesome, which server are you on? xD

Elona Reach, hope we "meet" again some day hehe

@"Widmo.3186" said:What I said is that i puke at fireweaver, not the build itself, but overall condi-based builds. I just dont like them, prefer power based....

It is perfectly fine if you don't like to play condi builds. As long as you do not have that "all condi Players are noobs" attitude^^. There are many condi builds out there that require at least the same amount of effort as power builds. I am not limiting to weaver here, but also classes like thief, mes, engi, ranger.

@Prinzsecond.4863 said:

@Prinzsecond.4863 said:I think we fought yesterday evening on piken desert borderlands (condi scrapper)^^ that build is really impressive with the heal, the CC and the condition pressure

Oh awesome, which server are you on? xD

Elona Reach, hope we "meet" again some day hehe

@"Widmo.3186" said:What I said is that i puke at fireweaver, not the build itself, but overall condi-based builds. I just dont like them, prefer power based....

It is perfectly fine if you don't like to play condi builds. As long as you do not have that "all condi Players are noobs" attitude^^. There are many condi builds out there that require at least the same amount of effort as power builds. I am not limiting to weaver here, but also classes like thief, mes, engi, ranger.

Me too! Just hit me up if you ever are bored and looking for someone to duel xD