what you think about the existing secret tag?

Sovereign.1093

@Dayra.7405 said:Hm, still a secret to me what tag you could mean.Ah you mean the hidden commander?

Long wished, probably good that commander that do not want to attract people, are now able to avoid it. Should take some salt out of communication.

ah, it's been existing for a long time, for those who know. so just wondering.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:ah, it's been existing for a long time, for those who know. so just wondering.

You mean: Form squad, turn off lamp, rejoin it (without turning on again)?Disadvantage is your squad doesn't see a tag as well.

No. It involves the Catmander tag.

So squad commands are available and tag appears to squad.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@"Sovereign.1093" said:ah, it's been existing for a long time, for those who know. so just wondering.

You mean: Form squad, turn off lamp, rejoin it (without turning on again)?Disadvantage is your squad doesn't see a tag as well.

The catmander-switch explanation in https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/72625/commander-tag-optionsays no commander-tag is visible to anyone, but you can mark yourself with some other commander marks.

Disadvantge over a real solution of course is: You need 2 people that bought commander and 1 that bought catmander, and once you bough catmander you cannot be the hidden commander

@Dayra.7405 said:

@"Sovereign.1093" said:ah, it's been existing for a long time, for those who know. so just wondering.

The catmander-switch explanation in
says no commander-tag is visible to anyone, but you can mark yourself with some other commander marks.

Disadvantge over a real solution of course is: You need 2 people that bought commander and 1 that bought catmander, and once you bough catmander you cannot be the hidden commander

Was pointing out the availability of an option that currently exists that hits many of the options.

Also pointing out the fact for the OP that this has been discussed multiple times (I included less than 10% of the threads) in this forum and that the search function could be helpful.

Lastly, the option for a formal ‘invisible tag’ was mentioned in one of the last dev updates. It is on the ‘we are working on it’ list.

Of course, that means it could be released after CU but...

@"Dawdler.8521" said:Well of course we know its being worked on - a switch to toggle invisible tag was accidentally added in a patch and quickly removed again because "it wasnt ready yet".

Arguing anything about it is pointless. Its coming.

Yes, it's coming. So are alliances, CU, and the apocalypse. It's anybody's guess as to which will happen first.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Vova.2640 said:They talked about it on the last stream a bit. they did confirm that it will come out when it is ready. So now we do what we've doing the past 6 years. wait.

mmm. waiting waiting. :/ ah well.

This is also a study in communication and feedback. This is a feature that's been requested for a long time. Once they decided they would go for it, then share a high level view. You could gauge feedback, downs and ups, expectations, concerns, let people vet doom and gloom and get players thinking. Example, hidden tag should offer no additional pips, only visible ones. Should there be a feature where and invisible tag could make it so other tags could see them? Think you have a zerg with a main tag and that tag has group tags that are invisible outside of their group but the main tag can see them too. If the main tag is sniped, a sub group could change their tag to visible so their zerg doesn't fall apart. (And I say this as a roamer/havoc that likes to see enemy zergs fall apart). I understand the counter argument of people complaining while they wait on projects but there might be value in high level of upcoming/developing features. 2 cents.

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

@Vova.2640 said:They talked about it on the last stream a bit. they did confirm that it will come out when it is ready. So now we do what we've doing the past 6 years. wait.

mmm. waiting waiting. :/ ah well.

This is also a study in communication and feedback. This is a feature that's been requested for a long time. Once they decided they would go for it, then share a high level view. You could gauge feedback, downs and ups, expectations, concerns, let people vet doom and gloom and get players thinking. Example, hidden tag should offer no additional pips, only visible ones. Should there be a feature where and invisible tag could make it so other tags could see them? Think you have a zerg with a main tag and that tag has group tags that are invisible outside of their group but the main tag can see them too. If the main tag is sniped, a sub group could change their tag to visible so their zerg doesn't fall apart. (And I say this as a roamer/havoc that likes to see enemy zergs fall apart). I understand the counter argument of people complaining while they wait on projects but there might be value in high level of upcoming/developing features. 2 cents.

well the hidden tag exists now. =) many of us use is regularly and it functions like a com tag with everything exact that i think its a bug because it requires two players.

@Optimator.3589 said:

@"Dawdler.8521" said:Well of course we know its being worked on - a switch to toggle invisible tag was accidentally added in a patch and quickly removed again because "it wasnt ready yet".

Yes, it's coming. So are alliances, CU, and the apocalypse. It's anybody's guess as to which will happen first.

I've had my moneis on hell freezing over but wasn't an option here damnit

@Offair.2563 said:

I've had my moneis on hell freezing over but wasn't an option here damnit

Eh, that's still apocalyptic... as Robert Frost put it:Some say the world will end in fire,Some say in ice.From what I've tasted of desireI hold with those who favor fire.But if it had to perish twice,I think I know enough of hateTo know that for destruction iceIs also greatAnd would suffice.