Request To Have The Blocking Players Mechanic Upgraded

BillX.4987

There is alot of hate between players in PvP which leads to grudges which leads to vindictiveness and throwing because of the many reasons ranging from new/bad player to immature and belligerent. I can go on and on about matters, but this isn't a gripe...its a humble request to simply have 'Blocking a Player' upgraded to LITERALLY NEVER BEING ABLE TO TEAM WITH BLOCKED PLAYER AGAIN UNTIL THEY ARE UNBLOCKED in Ranked SPvP...Impartial people losing matches because of OTHER peoples' issues with them and/or eachother ~IS A PROBLEM!Having the 'Over-Opinionated/Backseat Driver Type' negatively affect match results ~IS A PROBLEM!Results if implemented in my opinion:If you 'Block' everyone you hate (which is your right and business) OR everyone that hates YOU 'Blocks You' (again right and business) the result will be waiting for people that are impartial...If YOU are the Super-Know It All-Most Elite Player in the history and future of GW2 and block all the people you deem trash, bad or stupid...GOOD!But if YOU find yourself waiting for HOURS in Ranked SPvP Matchmaking...the problem may just be you...please consider this, thanx

PS - I feel this would also assist in the battle VS Wintrading in conjunction with the Reporting System...just block them if theyre Manipulating the Match and/or Idle...

Overwatch does allow you to avoid players in ranked, but you can only avoid a few, and the avoid ends after a week or two. This allows the community to deal with the worst offenders without compromising matchmaking too much.

Also, if a lot of players are avoiding you, you get a message telling you to improve your attitude.

there's something you can do, as long as this player did not block you as well. You can track em in your block list, wait till they get in a match then q up for yours. Very helpful to dodge matches with trolls and afkers. Or even somebody thats consistently beating you or ppl you know are duo Qing.

@BillX.4987 said:

@Tycura.1982 said:Oops I accidentally blocked anyone who plays well.

@everyman.4375 said:If you add this awfull idea, in 2 weeks nobody will be able to find a game.

(crickets-coughing in the background)...then you un-block them

The thing is that it's out of your control, imagine you're a famous streamer or maybe the rank 1, everybody blocks you, boom you can't play anymore. Realy good system.

@BillX.4987 said:...its about NOT playing WITH...as in not being on your team....(those darn crickets)

Can you just think for a second and understand that there's a thousand ways to abuse a system like that ...I'll give you a simple exemple, if a large enough group of people decide to troll let's say a streamer or a famous player, this player can't be on any team and thus can't play the game.

When it comes to blocking, I would be happy enough if we had an option for temporary blocks rather than permanent ones. So we can temporarily silence someone who is being annoying without cluttering the block list with people we don't care about.

A temporary block would last for about 24 hours, or until next login after rest.

@MithranArkanere.8957 said:When it comes to blocking, I would be happy enough if we had an option for temporary blocks rather than permanent ones. So we can temporarily silence someone who is being annoying without cluttering the block list with people we don't care about.

A temporary block would last for about 24 hours, or until next login after rest.

(Right click 'Block'....nah, I change my mind Right Click 'Unblock'...Oh wait hes throwing Right Click 'Block'-now I dont have to worry about him being on my team again until I unblock him....Oh look there he is on the opposing side now and NOT ON MY TEAM-LET ME BEAT HIM UP...Wow, he IS good! Maybe we didnt pay attention to rotations before and I misjudged him therefore would be an asset in my team after all...Right Click 'Unblock')

@everyman.4375 @FOX.3582The only thing grasped and understood is this rampant quitter-bend over-let them win-no faith in the community and future of the game attitude. Fear and speculation seems to be the foundation of your response. I cant help feel both your cases with me and/or my suggestion holds no water and find it repulsive yet laughable that you casually speak for everyone in the community...in fact, I think I smell self-incrimination, hmm.This game is supposed to be a marketable product supported by a community at the request of its developers NOT a pincushion for qq jerks...

@Khalisto.5780 said:there's something you can do, as long as this player did not block you as well. You can track em in your block list, wait till they get in a match then q up for yours. Very helpful to dodge matches with trolls and afkers. Or even somebody thats consistently beating you or ppl you know are duo Qing.

Yep, I have been doing that for awhile. In fact thats the Mother of this post...although I prefer to fight people that are better than me so I can learn etc... I believe in giving credit where credit is due. Theres nothing like a good fight!

@Exedore.6320 said:Overwatch does allow you to avoid players in ranked, but you can only avoid a few, and the avoid ends after a week or two. This allows the community to deal with the worst offenders without compromising matchmaking too much.

Also, if a lot of players are avoiding you, you get a message telling you to improve your attitude.

While that's generally a good idea, something that works for Overwatch doesn't necessarily work for GW2 given the massive difference in active playerbase sizes.

I have so many names on my blocklist(somewhere between 800 and 2K), it's unmanagably long. It became this big by blocking goldsellers, bots and trying to silence the whisper-raids(WvW was a fun place back in 2014). I think I'm not the only one in this situation, playing since betas or being a bit overzealous with blocking after 1-2 years of PvP results in a list this long.

My point is, if I block you, you're on that list forever. I'm not going to go through all the searching and guessing to find your name on a list thats many-many pages long.Also even if there is only a couple dozen names still active from that list, I get in the same matches with them 50% of the time. So that 30-40 PvP-ers who I blocked make up half my matches.

Which means if this ever gets implemented (it won't), I'd have to spend like 2 hours erasing my blocklist in order to keep playing PvP. And many players with a long blocklist would have to do the same. But that's not what would happen, you'd see some whining posts about long Q-times getting longer, and many would just outright quit the game.

And I didn't even point out the obvious ways to abuse this, as the others did before me. Wintrading could advance to a whole new level.

0/10 suggestion.

Imagine that situation ...1) You have been blocked by every single player (online)2) You blocked every single player (online)

Then you're not able to play that gamemode anymore.

Orall the players that you would play with would be bronze-silver... then you would block them casue they bad ... same result.

the best advice I could give you ... Chill and have fun instead of letting the salt ruining your experience.