Join Us for a Special Live Event on August 30 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Join Us for a Special Live Event on August 30

It’s almost time for you to set out on your next adventure. Are you ready to catch the very first look at an all-new chapter in Guild Wars 2‘s Living World story?

Join us at the Moore Theatre in Seattle, Washington, on Friday, August 30 at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7) and be a part of the excitement live. If you can’t attend in person, we’ll livestream the announcement with a developer presentation and more on our official Twitch, YouTube, and Facebook channels.

The event will run for approximately forty-five minutes, so you can kick off your PAX West weekend with all your Guild Wars 2 friends!

Attendance is first come, first served, with no entry fee or ticket required. Grab your seat early—the first five hundred attendees will get a Guild Wars 2 swag bag with fun surprises inside. We’ll see you there!

We will be taking questions in advance and we will answer as many as we can over the course of the event. So share below what you’d like to know from the team about the newest chapter of Guild Wars 2 Living World.

Announcement Event Details

• Date and Time: August 30, 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7)
  • Watch Live: Twitch, YouTube, and Facebook

Stéphane Lo Presti
Content Marketing Manager

Tagged:
<13

Comments

• Caysadia.7405Caysadia.7405 Member ✭✭✭

Will it be more expansion sized content, or the usual smaller releases we're used to.

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 26, 2019

Looks like a September launch is likely then

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Etria.3642Etria.3642 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Randulf.7614 said:
    Looks like a September launch is likely then unless they are planning to launch it the same day since it is a Tuesday (highly unlikely though)

The announcement is on a Friday. I guess they could release it the next tuesday, which is september 3, but I get the feeling it'll be the 10th. Still, it's nice to know that in a little over a month we'll get an announcement. Kind of sad things are taking so long, but at least something is happening.

• sarkysek.1085sarkysek.1085 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 26, 2019

I'm too hyped to think off any good questions right now! <3 ^W^

edited July 26, 2019

@Etria.3642 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:
    Looks like a September launch is likely then unless they are planning to launch it the same day since it is a Tuesday (highly unlikely though)

The announcement is on a Friday. I guess they could release it the next tuesday, which is september 3, but I get the feeling it'll be the 10th. Still, it's nice to know that in a little over a month we'll get an announcement. Kind of sad things are taking so long, but at least something is happening.

Yep, my bad. Calendar reading failure on my part - I've edited my post

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Can we expect for leggings?

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

kitten for a moment I was thinking July 30 and we only had to wait a few days for information! More than a whole month? That’s way less cool... still, wondering why they’re doing something like this for a living world season

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭

Sorry @Stephane Lo Presti.7258 for double post!

I can see Primordus and Jormag are rising... Doom

The wound is the place where the Light enters you ~Stephane Lo Presti

• Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 26, 2019

I hope this topic will appear during the PAX, or maybe sooner: who will take over Maclaine Diemer's place as a composer, as he went freelancer?

The wound is the place where the Light enters you ~Stephane Lo Presti

• Dami.5046Dami.5046 Member ✭✭✭✭

really hard to think of a question without a little hint? tiny teaser maybe?

• Caysadia.7405Caysadia.7405 Member ✭✭✭

@High House Dobby.5316 said:
    Can we expect for leggings?

This, will there be a male line of sweatpants as well.

The logo "appears" to confirm no dragons this Season as they sorta indicated already

• Oh boy! Can't wait for the announcment about the new upcoming mobile gaming for Guild Wars 2! doyouguysnothavephones.gif

• @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    Do the Devs have, and will they share with us, an expected release cadence for Living World Season 5?
    1 - 2 month intervals?
    2 - 3 month intervals?
    3 - 4 month intervals?
    4+ month intervals?

Are there still 3 Living World Teams? More? Less?
    Are there any other Guild Wars 2 projects being worked on? ;)

This information has already been told to us - there are 4 living world teams and they are still aiming for the 2-3 month release cadence.

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

Oh, really? Last I heard there were 3 Living World Teams, and last announcement Mike Z. said they were adjusting release cadences, and no specific time between was, at that time, stated.

• Excursion.9752Excursion.9752 Member ✭✭✭

Not including the alliance system will there be any new content such as new maps , tactics, packable siege, or new siege weaponry?
    Any status in shorter matches and server links?
    Any plans to make the Edge of the Mists viable?
    Any plans to make events like no down state and core swap come around more frequently and are there more plans in the mix to add to that list?

My first mmo I ever played had an Order and Chaos system in it. It allowed guilds to join one faction or the other an allowed them to fight freely in the open world. Is this totally out of the realm of possibilities of doing something similar so players can battle out in the open world?

There is a 50% chance you will not agree with me and a 50% chance I will not agree with you

@Adotiln Urthadar.1823 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    Do the Devs have, and will they share with us, an expected release cadence for Living World Season 5?
    1 - 2 month intervals?
    2 - 3 month intervals?
    3 - 4 month intervals?
    4+ month intervals?

Are there still 3 Living World Teams? More? Less?
    Are there any other Guild Wars 2 projects being worked on? ;)

This information has already been told to us - there are 4 living world teams and they are still aiming for the 2-3 month release cadence.

When did they say this? Since this years restructuring?

If there were 4 Living World Teams, is one a floater? Because 6 (Episodes) is not evenly divisible by 4 (Living World Teams).

• @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    Oh, really? Last I heard there were 3 Living World Teams, and last announcement Mike Z. said they were adjusting release cadences, and no specific time between was, at that time, stated.

The 4 Content Teams were mentioned in the April update by Gamer Director Mike Zadorojny: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/72842/what-s-next-for-guild-wars-2/

Stéphane Lo Presti
    Content Marketing Manager

Oh, are 'Content Teams' the same as Living World Teams? Are there then 4 (Content Team = Living World Team) Teams plus the Current Activities Team (which I thought, perhaps mistakenly, was a 'Content Team').

If so, then I change my question to: How many Teams work on Living World, and how many other Teams are there, and what do they work on (generally)?

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 26, 2019

Will we see some others greatly animated cutscene with our character within them like the one with joko in episode 3? Also more stunning mechanics like passing over kralkatorrik and chasing it in the sky? (Episode 5 and 6) was really awesome, great job.

Now about season 5 itself:
    -Will it be composed of one main threat/goal or each episode have one story each by themselves?
    -Does extanding an old map means adding a portal leading to a new map next to it?

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• Tarlonniel.6534Tarlonniel.6534 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 26, 2019

Huh, the Moore Theatre, that's... right in the middle of downtown...

Urge to take a day off. Rising.

• Zeike.7469Zeike.7469 Member ✭✭

Excited, logo looks different also! Cant wait!

• Vancho.8750Vancho.8750 Member ✭✭✭

Will the cool story boss encounters get repeatable fractal/dungeon/raid mode?
    Previous bosses feel like they could have been great as a raid(Balthazar, both Kralkatorik fights , Mordremoth) or fractal( corrupted Aurene, Joko, Scruffy) but are left one and done .

edited July 27, 2019

As many said, I like a lot the new logo.
    ~May misinterpret but it means for me no more dragons (none in the logo) the whole tyria seems to be peaceful again (blue color), but they are still threats (red color).
    -Second hypothesis, fire and water/ice. Primordy and jormag are associated to asuras and norns. Now that they sleep, we can ecplore more icy mountain/underground.
    -Finally blue and red are the two main colors used by asuran golems. Blue=Peacemaker, Red=Inquest

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 26, 2019

Well, I find it difficult to come up with questions as we know so little. It's just an announcement of an announcement that will occur in a month.

So basically my questions are: what is it? What kind of content does it contain? When will it arrive? How frequent will the updates be?

• reapex.8546reapex.8546 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 26, 2019

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:
    We will be taking questions in advance and we will answer as many as we can over the course of the event. So share below what you’d like to know from the team about the newest chapter of Guild Wars 2 Living World.

Will the new Living World primarily be focused on adding new maps first and doing smaller modifications to older Core Tyria maps?

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Arden.7480 said:
    I can see Primordus and Jormag are rising... Doom

Wasn't it already confirmed that LWS5 will spare us of an Elder Dragon storyline?

• Kaliwenda.3428Kaliwenda.3428 Member ✭✭✭

Can't think of any questions right now, but am looking forward to this! :)

• I am very excited for Season 5, but it's hard to come up with questions given how little we know. This feels different than Season 4, but.... how?

Anyway, looking forward to the reveal!

• AgentMoore.9453AgentMoore.9453 Member ✭✭✭

I really, really love the Guild Wars 2 Living World graphic used in this thread. Can you please track down the person(s) responsible for it and give them a high five? If not, finger guns would also be an acceptable expression of appreciation.

• Acheron.4731Acheron.4731 Member ✭✭✭

How far in the future do you have "already planned" content updates?
    E.g. we plan to release build templates in one month, LS in 2 months, raid update in 4 months, alliances in 18 months, etc....
    I am not looking for any specifics but more or less "we know we at least have this much in the works that we plan on releasing before working on another possible project" type of answer.
    Thanks

Top ten reasons I procrastinate:

• Curunen.8729Curunen.8729 Member ✭✭✭✭

Curious what the big reveal will be, given live event for living world.

Must be something huge like mounts or similar kind of game changing content.

Extreme speculation - first implementation of dual classing for core builds? New elite specs - maybe pay for access through gemstore? Henchmen? ... No idea what it could be, gonna be a long month of speculations.

My ears, how are you! | Kourna Jackrabbit for default Springer

edited July 27, 2019

@AgentMoore.9453 said:
    I really, really love the Guild Wars 2 Living World graphic used in this thread.

I find the newsletter's image even better:

So much for "no elder dragons", I guess. ;) Or this could be a general reference to crossing the ocean to Cantha - who knows?

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 27, 2019

A live event to promote living world 5..

That definitely raises questions as to just what the skritt is going on over there at Anet HQ.
    In a good way though of course ^^

I don't recall a live event for Path of Fire but I do remember Pajama's of Thorns.. uhh I mean Heart of Thorns did get one :)
    What are you guys planning?.. why a live event for Living world?
    It seems really excessive to promote free content with a live event.. unless Living World 5 is going to be something crazy that just utterly defies all our current expectations and theories.

Maybe there's a content roadmap you guys are gonna reveal.. announce new features which will be coming during season 5 (build templates?, alliances?) and confirm a new expansion that will follow straight after season 5 concludes or something..
    Could see a live event being justified for something like that but I guess we'll just have to wait till next month to find out.

Suffice to say i'm excited to find out what's coming next.
    I do so hope it's Cantha and finally leading upto the Sea Dragon ^^

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@AgentMoore.9453 said:
    I really, really love the Guild Wars 2 Living World graphic used in this thread.

So much for "no elder dragons", I guess. ;) Or this could be a general reference to crossing the ocean to Cantha - who knows?

Oh! My first impression was that it showed a snowy landscape, but after this post, perhaps it is tumultuous waves and water spray.
    Interesting!

perhaps it is tumultuous waves and water spray.

Definitely is! :)

edited July 27, 2019

Particle are more like snow, will stay on my hypothesis of ice and fire.
    After Heart of Thorns and Path of Fire it's now time for Frozen Ember. Will see.
    Far shiverpeaks is my guess.

I'm just not sure; it could be either one.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

perhaps it is tumultuous waves and water spray.

Definitely is! :)

Looks like snow to me given the snow in the air and the two footprint like marks

Yeah, no. I don't think those are footprints, even if it is snow. If it is snow, I think that's a landscape quite far away.

edited July 27, 2019

Yeah, no. I don't think those are footprints, even if it is snow. If it is snow, I think that's a landscape quite far away.

Quite possibly. The spiky mountain like shadows in the rear (Poss caused by the images border or actual mountains)the darkness, the snow - they conjure up a Mountains of Madness feel. If it’s meant to be the sea, it’s a bit of a naff looking graphic and that would be very unlike Anets artists

• Dami.5046Dami.5046 Member ✭✭✭✭

I have a question. Who will be presenting the event from anet?

• Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭

Well looking forward to the stream. Lots of fun to all who are able to attend in person. Let's see where the story takes us. :)

• Lurana.7506Lurana.7506 Member ✭✭

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@AgentMoore.9453 said:

I don't know but I do see kind of a face here. But I'm not sure if this is water or a snowy landscape.

• Tiscan.8345Tiscan.8345 Member ✭✭✭

Kinda funny that people see the logo and go "Oh, nice - no more dragons" - first thing i thought of after seeing the colorful logo was Aurene :smile:

• Tanith.5264Tanith.5264 Member ✭✭✭

I can't decide if that's a stormy seascape or an approaching wintry blast.

Either way, we should probably start keeping a lookout in-game for clues.

This discussion has been closed.
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.