How to buy the Base Game?

The base game is included in the expansions, no need to buy separately. I don't know if the bundle is still an option, but if so he can get PoF and add HoT for 10 bucks less than buying the two separately. You'll want to go through the main page banner's "Buy Now" to get a code to give him to apply to his account. I do not know if one code will hold both or if he'll have to use two different codes. Likely different ones as the expansions are independent of each other.

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:You can't buy just GW2 from the website anymore (might be able to do so through Amazon or GameStop). HoT and PoF each come bundled with the base GW2 game.What he said. You're unable to buy the base game without the expacs unless from a 3rd part retailer, amazon gamestop etc.

Thanks for the responses, I just bought him both expansions. Should be a nice surprise for him, after I showed him Shadow Behemoth he fell in love with the game.

EDIT: I purchased the expansions and it never gave me serial codes, I bought it from this site's shop? Not even my Email was given serial codes.

@sephiroth.4217 said:Thanks for the responses, I just bought him both expansions. Should be a nice surprise for him, after I showed him Shadow Behemoth he fell in love with the game.

I can understand that, that's one of my favourite early GW2 memories.

During one of the betas someone told me the Temple of Ages was in the south west corner of Queensdale but it was in ruins. Even though I was too low level for that part of the map (and had no idea how to play properly so being low level was a problem) I set off to find it. I followed the river down but then went west around the hill instead of east. Purely by chance the Shadow Behemoth event was starting and I remember seeing it through the trees and then seeing it looming over the trees. It was crazy to think something like that could be in a starter map!

I decided since I was having a hard time fighting off the skelk I was not going to even think about going near it, but I watched part of the fight from a distance (it lasted a lot longer because no one knew what to do) and I remember thinking I couldn't wait for the game to be released so I could get my character levelled up and fight it properly.

@sephiroth.4217 said:Thanks for the responses, I just bought him both expansions. Should be a nice surprise for him, after I showed him Shadow Behemoth he fell in love with the game.

EDIT: I purchased the expansions and it never gave me serial codes, I bought it from this site's shop? Not even my Email was given serial codes.

Check your email spam/junk folder.

@Danikat.8537 said:

I can understand that, that's one of my favourite early GW2 memories.

During one of the betas someone told me the Temple of Ages was in the south west corner of Queensdale but it was in ruins. Even though I was too low level for that part of the map (and had no idea how to play properly so being low level was a problem) I set off to find it. I followed the river down but then went west around the hill instead of east. Purely by chance the Shadow Behemoth event was starting and I remember seeing it through the trees and then seeing it looming
over
the trees. It was crazy to think something like that could be in a starter map!

I decided since I was having a hard time fighting off the skelk I was not going to even think about going near it, but I watched part of the fight from a distance (it lasted a lot longer because no one knew what to do) and I remember thinking I couldn't wait for the game to be released so I could get my character levelled up and fight it properly.

I remember Skelk at game release had regen and they were impossible to kill lmao Thanks for the old nightmares again but yea on his free to play account I was trying to show him some world bosses, was a bad idea to show him Fire Elemental, he barely touched it before it died.

Archived