Why i cant find " tank chrono " on SC website? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Why i cant find " tank chrono " on SC website?

So i was looking to make a mes for raids and the usual build is a tank minestrel chrono in pugs. So why I cant find that build on their page? Dont they use any thoughness gear? if so, how do they aggro the bosses? or is there different strat in pugs vs organized grps.

Comments

• High end raiding guilds tank with minimal toughness. But feel free to take as much toughness as you want and try to get 80-100% boon duration if you are new to the spec.

• Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

There's one on Metabattle, although i don't know how up to date builds on that site currently are.

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

• Awesumness.1823Awesumness.1823 Member ✭✭
    edited July 27, 2019

You may find a lot of useful beginner chrono tips in these videos: Old minstrel chrono guide and gearing chrono for W7 progression. They may have old patch knowledge but they have timeless wisdom :)

• The problem is you can equip a chrono with ministrel stats but its no longer gives you anything besides a tank. So any class can now fill the spot. We are going with FB as tank because with this equip he can still heal and give some boons.

• ButcherofMalakir.4067ButcherofMalakir.4067 Member ✭✭✭✭

Because normaly you swap one trinket/infusion to tank. If you need special gear because you cannot survive, then take full minstrel with concentration and transference sigil and rune of the pack.
    That should be more then enough but if it stil isnt you can run durability or sanctuary runes but your party might lose fury.

• melandru.3876melandru.3876 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 27, 2019

aslong as you don't listen to the "you can tank without toughness" advice

it's fun, seeing the tank fail because there is a fb either support or condi dps

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Imbued_Haste

soulbeasts also get increased basic attributes, which includes toughness, when merged

so yes as a tank, you do NEED toughness depening on comps

• yusayu.3629yusayu.3629 Member ✭✭✭

You generall tank with just 5 more Toughness (1 infusion) than the rest of your party (if you have no condi Weaver).

If you wanna learn it, can't go wrong with Mistrel gear.

• @yusayu.3629 said:
    You generall tank with just 5 more Toughness (1 infusion) than the rest of your party (if you have no condi Weaver).

If you wanna learn it, can't go wrong with Mistrel gear.

There is actually also a far more common Firebrand with bursts of increased toughness (250 from trait and potentially an extra 300 from Epilogue UL use)

• The logic seems pretty simple here.

In a PUG: You'll want as much toughness as possible. So, minstrel or knight gear.
    In a static or premade: You can coordinate with your teammates, so you'll only need the bare minimum of extra toughness.

"Self awareness is knowing when you're sitting at the throne of ignorance." --Leo G.

• @Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:
    The logic seems pretty simple here.

In a PUG: You'll want as much toughness as possible. So, minstrel or knight gear.
    In a static or premade: You can coordinate with your teammates, so you'll only need the bare minimum of extra toughness.

I use minimum toughness everywhere. You can block/evade everything anyway so toughness isnt needed.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.