PvP match manipulation/idle player

Is anything actually done about match manipulation and idle player reports? I understand there has to be evidence and most of the reports are handled from chats, but there is someone that is afk after first fight or no later than halfway through the match almost every other game. It's a huge issue that is hard to prevent entirely in any competitive setting, but it feels like nothing is being done whatsoever.

Well, yes. It is complicated. It's tough for them to take action on a report without the possibility of wrongly suspending a player if the player themself who reported them was not valid. It really comes down to what information they have which I have no idea. If they can look back at a minimap for a game showing all 10 players and quickly scan through the entire match like its a video, with the resources, they should be able to take action on all valid incidents reported. I realize this is unlikely for the amount of data it would take even if it only sent for pvp matches that a player was reported in for idle/manipulation. The problem really is that the system seems to be based entirely on chat logs; it even says as much when you report someone. For anything else- verbal abuse, selling gold, scamming, spamming, char name, lfg- that is all that is needed. Botting is the only other one that cant be handled purely from chat logs, but thats a different subject that I don't know much about how it works and it seems that anet handles that well as best they can. For an idle player or match manipulation, they aren't going to say anything. The only people that will usually say anything are the other players talking about the afk. Sure, if someone sends the other team 50 gold before the start of match and tells them to afk, that is blatant and they should be suspended immediately, but that never happens. Its always someone who after the first or first few fights of the match sit in spawn and either do something else at their desk while being sure to move so they are not kicked, or they sit in spawn and talk about how bad their team is the entire game in chat. This last thing may be a way, but I realize, again, it's complicated. It may not necessarily be verbal abuse, and you cant necessarily accuse someone of being afk simply for talking in pvp chat a lot, even though they should be 100% focused on the game. All that said, it is pvp. I don't know of a single game that has completely grasped this issue or even that has a mere handle of it to not get out of control. Nevertheless, it would be nice, at the very least, for the issue to be recognized and maybe a clearer explanation to why anet's hands are tied, if that is the case, rather than the "Warning: support actions will be based on a review of chat logs, not on unsubstantiated player reports" that the players who still bother to report see every 2 or 3 pvp matches.

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:I want a option to kick bots :disappointed:

It's funny. Anet easily dealt with pve farm bots, but not in pvp.

Well pve bots farm gold which you can buy thru gems. Of course there was a issue that had to be solved before anything else in the game. Takes profit away.

Yes, but what he is talking about is separate from what I mentioned in original post. I was simply talking about people rage quitting and sitting in spawn for the game. There are people that bot pvp matches and get 3k+ games in a season. That directly transfers to gold from the chests. The final repeatable chest gets you ~15 silver a pip. So a loss would get 45 silver and a win 1.5 gold. This assumes that the bot gets no top stats and no close wins. Being even further conservative with this and saying he or she gets only a 40% win rate (in reality everyone gets right around 50% regardless of skill), Net Gold= .45.6 + 1.5.4= 87 silver per game. 3000 games nets 2,610 gold in this case. The issue is not that bots in pvp are not making people gold. Pve is simply simply a much higher priority- even if pvp bots are exploiting for gold, and therefore, potentially taking away from gem sales.

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:I want a option to kick bots :disappointed:

Well pve bots farm gold which you can buy thru gems. Of course there was a issue that had to be solved before anything else in the game. Takes profit away.

not sure how much gold the pve bots were farming, pvp is pretty profitable, once in ranked you start getting the 20 gold chests, and if you losing pretty fast you actually make more gold than having 50% ish winrate.

Only thing you can do > @"monkeyface.5627" said:

Is anything actually done about match manipulation and idle player reports? I understand there has to be evidence and most of the reports are handled from chats, but there is someone that is afk after first fight or no later than halfway through the match almost every other game. It's a huge issue that is hard to prevent entirely in any competitive setting, but it feels like nothing is being done whatsoever.

Only thing you can do is make you're way to gold 3 or higher when ppl really want to win compared to lower tiers, where your team lose 1 fights and ppl type "trash team, bye bye" and afk. I've been in both tiers, you still see afkers in higher tiers but it's really nothing compared to silver, quick tip, if you want to win in lower tiers you just have to farm one guy consistently, 3 quick deaths and you have a good chance the guy goes afk.

@Roquen.5406 said:Careful they might delete your thread like they deleted mine, I posted the same thing and they didn't like it. Unfortunately it seems like they'd rather police their forums than their own game.

Any character or accounts name exposed in your thread? That's against the rules and they remove the posts or ban you instead, depending on their mood

@Khalisto.5780 said:

@"spectrito.8513" said:I want a option to kick bots :disappointed:

Only thing you can do is make you're way to gold 3 or higher when ppl really want to win compared to lower tiers, where your team lose 1 fights and ppl type "trash team, bye bye" and afk. I've been in both tiers, you still see afkers in higher tiers but it's really nothing compared to silver, quick tip, if you want to win in lower tiers you just have to farm one guy consistently, 3 quick deaths and you have a good chance the guy goes afk.

I'm gold 3 been in and out of plat. People just think they're better than they are and end up blaming team after losing rather than fighting for comeback which is very possible.

@monkeyface.5627 said:Is anything actually done about match manipulation and idle player reports? I understand there has to be evidence and most of the reports are handled from chats, but there is someone that is afk after first fight or no later than halfway through the match almost every other game. It's a huge issue that is hard to prevent entirely in any competitive setting, but it feels like nothing is being done whatsoever.

Pretty sure nothing is done unless hard incriminating evidence is provided. The in-game report buttons aren't enough. It must be difficult for Arenanet to distinguish between someone AFKing to answer their door to pay for a pizza, and actual throw AFKs.

There is a particular email address we are supposed to send hard evidence to. Can't really remember it off the top of my head. Point being, if you had evidence worthy to send to this address, say a recorded discussion in discord, or a screen recording displaying someone clearly using fly/tele hacks, those players will get busted. The in game report tools don't do much and I don't blame Arenanet for ignoring the majority of it. Can you imagine how many times those in game report tools are clicked a day? I'm sure they see far too much use to ever sort through and realistically investigate.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@monkeyface.5627 said:Is anything actually done about match manipulation and idle player reports? I understand there has to be evidence and most of the reports are handled from chats, but there is someone that is afk after first fight or no later than halfway through the match almost every other game. It's a huge issue that is hard to prevent entirely in any competitive setting, but it feels like nothing is being done whatsoever.

Pretty sure nothing is done unless hard incriminating evidence is provided. The in-game report buttons aren't enough. It must be difficult for Arenanet to distinguish between someone AFKing to answer their door to pay for a pizza, and actual throw AFKs.

There is a particular email address we are supposed to send hard evidence to. Can't really remember it off the top of my head. Point being, if you had evidence worthy to send to this address, say a recorded discussion in discord, or a screen recording displaying someone clearly using fly/tele hacks, those players will get busted. The in game report tools don't do much and I don't blame Arenanet for ignoring the majority of it. Can you imagine how many times those in game report tools are clicked a day? I'm sure they see far too much use to ever sort through and realistically investigate.

So the current system doesn't work well. Why can't it be changed for the better. Hire mods or player managers to watch/check in on even 5-10 percent of matches, or investigate some percentage of the reports somehow. Flag repeat offender accounts and over time, perma dishonor them.

I'm not the expert. I have a few ideas, but I know the current system doesn't work well, and I'd love to see that change for the better.