What are some good core mesmer builds? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

What are some good core mesmer builds?

Looking for some advice on core mesmer builds for damage either Condi or power based. Any tips are welcome.

Best Answer

Answers

• viquing.8254viquing.8254 Member ✭✭✭

Hello, for which mode, PvP / WvW / PvE / open world ?

• Aaralyna.3104Aaralyna.3104 Member ✭✭✭

Take a look at https://metabattle.com/wiki/Mesmer. The butterfly icon would be the core mesmer.

Or just test out things yourself and adapt it to your own playstyle as that may work better (as these metabattle builds rely on using their skill rotations) :)

• Was hoping for something for dungeons / fractals. The metabattle one isn't bad, I was just curious if there was any other besides the one power build listed.

• Noodle Ant.1605Noodle Ant.1605 Member ✭✭✭

@Incendiaryflame.2103 said:
    Was hoping for something for dungeons / fractals. The metabattle one isn't bad, I was just curious if there was any other besides the one power build listed.

If you’re looking specifically for dmg, the one listed on metabattle (under dungeons/frac) is probably the best (and only) one.

It’s fairly outdated, but there a few variations of this build with small dps loss for extra utility. Optimally you’d take more assassin’s gear (but only if you want optimise like raids). You can take GS instead of focus for range and single target trash burst, and switch out Defender for Mirror Images if you feel like the Defender isn’t going to block much. The Defender/Mirror Images slot is free to replace with any other necessary utility skill. Traits will stay exactly the same, even with GS.

pChrono (main), cWeaver and pReaper. An asura who likes snowflakes.

• Me Games Ma.8426Me Games Ma.8426 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 28, 2019

In WvW I run:

Illusions 112
    Chaos 312
    Dueling 131

Sword Torch (Energy Cleansing) / Greatsword (Force Air)
    Ether Feast, Blink, Decoy, Mantra of Pain, Mass Invisibility
    Gear is Marauder/Berserker with Rune of the Pack

It's essentially a Mesmer that roleplays as thief.
    The rotation is:
    Stealth up. Charge the Mantra for 12 Might
    Mantra+GS2 -> F1+GS3
    Situational followup: Decoy -> F1

Link: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAR8flknhG1YZawENwtGLrGE6Wq+1Nnx0WR5GGRAA-jVSBQBa4IAcFlfk7gAkQ1fewFAAAPAAzoEkI7PgHdDBAOAO/8Mv5Bnf+5nf+518zP/8zP/8zP/8SBYuWL-w

PvE (Dungeons):
    Dueling 131, Illusions121, Domination 222
    Sword Sword / Sword Focus (Force Impact on both sets
    Signet of the Ether, Phantasmal Disenchanter, Phantasmal Defender, Mantra of Pain, Elite is situational
    Gear is Berserker/Assassin Mix with runes of the Eagle or Scholar (if you habe enoufh Precision from Assassins Gear take Scholar, if you don't habe enough Assassins gear take Eagle

Playstyle is: Cast all Phantasms, Cast Signet, Cast all Phantasms Repeat.

Build if you have NO BANNERS AND NO SPOTTER: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAs8dnsICFqhVqBmoBUrhFVDqsDlYAodJNXhMAjo4A-j1RBQBjUJIZU+ZsTCwM2fAAPAARp+De0LEA4Aw5nf+5nfeN/8zP/8zP/8zPvUA6p1C-w

• Vincenzo.3145Vincenzo.3145 Member ✭✭✭

Anything that isn't Chrono.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.