Perma-stealth thieves hiding in keep vol 2

bambi.6214

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found one in our t3 keep, killed it. 2 mins later he/she/it was back inside now with an omega. Killed it again, next time it brought a load of friends so we lost the keep. Not really any good way to detect them as if they really want to your stealth uptime is nuts. Just saying.

@TenthLife.5724 said:Found one in our t3 keep, killed it. 2 mins later he/she/it was back inside now with an omega. Killed it again, next time it brought a load of friends so we lost the keep. Not really any good way to detect them as if they really want to your stealth uptime is nuts. Just saying.

The only clue there's a thief inside is occasional Deadeye audio line, and this game isn't designed to give audio clues so you can't even tell where is it coming from. It's ridiculous.

@Samug.6512 said:

@TenthLife.5724 said:Found one in our t3 keep, killed it. 2 mins later he/she/it was back inside now with an omega. Killed it again, next time it brought a load of friends so we lost the keep. Not really any good way to detect them as if they really want to your stealth uptime is nuts. Just saying.

The only clue there's a thief inside is occasional Deadeye audio line, and this game isn't designed to give audio clues so you can't even tell where is it coming from. It's ridiculous.

mmm... i can imagine the comic bubble spam if it existed. swish swish swish disapear he he he

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:You didn't enjoy hide and seek as a kid?true, this is made for kids ;)

PS: When you played hide and seek as a kid, did you really use perma stealth + melt in shadows + group portal? What a cheater! :p

@Offair.2563 said:Stealth traps but ya giving them portals on top of that kitten is a bit too much haha..you can only place one trap at a time, so you would need several ppl placing traps, not sufficient to place it at the lord anymore, since the theef won't aproach the lord, but hide just somewhere around, ready to port his buddies in

And if the trap triggers, you only know that someone is there on the mini map. Getting marked still allows stealth for a short duration, and if revealed DE can use un-unveiled, blinks and a new invisible portal. Happy hunting! :#

@enkidu.5937 said:And if the trap triggers, you only know that someone is there on the mini map. Getting marked still allows stealth for a short duration, and if revealed DE can use un-unveiled, blinks and a new invisible portal. Happy hunting! :#

and more importantly: the mount. so far the mount did carry me through alot of traps inside enemy keeps.

@enkidu.5937 said:

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:You didn't enjoy hide and seek as a kid?true, this is made for kids ;)

PS: When you played hide and seek as a kid, did you really use perma stealth + melt in shadows + group portal? What a cheater! :p

Ofc, if I had that I would use it. Same sort of logic to if I asked that if others had detection pulse while playing hide and seek would they use it haha :P

@MUDse.7623 said:

@enkidu.5937 said:And if the trap triggers, you only know that someone is there on the mini map. Getting marked still allows stealth for a short duration, and if revealed DE can use un-unveiled, blinks and a new invisible portal. Happy hunting! :#

and more importantly: the mount. so far the mount did carry me through alot of traps inside enemy keeps.

Yes, I got hit by a couple traps on the upper floor of SM and used the mount to kite out, stealthed when I could and then walked past the 15 odd people that all came to kill me. It's the usual thing, people defending mounts for avoiding roamers also inadvertently make this sort of stuff possible for roamers xD

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

Ofc, if I had that I would use it. Same sort of logic to if I asked that if others had detection pulse while playing hide and seek would they use it haha :PNot everyone has it, but true :3

There are more reveals than just scrapper f5 though. Warrior(spell breaker has 2) 3 if you include "on my mark!", engie still has lock on, rev has a reveal on glint, core nec has a reveal in shroud? Ranger has "sic em!" Dh has a reveal. True some are not really reliable but with them + painters and traps if you really wanted to reveal the thief you should be able to unless there isn't many of you in the keep looking for it.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:There are more reveals than just scrapper f5 though. Warrior(spell breaker has 2) 3 if you include "on my mark!", engie still has lock on, rev has a reveal on glint, core nec has a reveal in shroud? Ranger has "sic em!" Dh has a reveal. True some are not really reliable but with them + painters and traps if you really wanted to reveal the thief you should be able to unless there isn't many of you in the keep looking for it.

Can you use those w/o actually targeting and being in range of the invisible teef? If not then these many options are garbage.

Sight beyond sight, warrior burst skill (mage bane) seen a dh use f1 in a smoke field using action cam (yes this is a thing and can work lol) engie can just place aoes (holo/grenades) and can get lucky, same as rev but very situational, painter is also a ground target. As said they not that reliable and does mean to use a lot in a predicted matter and it may not even hit the thief coz they could be anywhere but they are what we got.

Not defending this trash, I am against this sort of play too but it's in the game and there are ways and tools to deal with it.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:There are more reveals than just scrapper f5 though. Warrior(spell breaker has 2) 3 if you include "on my mark!", engie still has lock on, rev has a reveal on glint, core nec has a reveal in shroud? Ranger has "sic em!" Dh has a reveal. True some are not really reliable but with them + painters and traps if you really wanted to reveal the thief you should be able to unless there isn't many of you in the keep looking for it.

Can you use those w/o actually targeting and being in range of the invisible teef? If not then these many options are garbage.

Maybe people will just need to adapt?

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

Maybe people will just need to adapt?

I suppose you could end every thread by saying you should adapt. I adapt by closing my eyes and placing aoe everywhere in the hopes I hit something mostly leading to my death or the teef resetting and the rare reaper shroud 4 spin to win on a downed ally for a kill on the stealth attempted finish by the teef.

Maybe it would just be better to allow him to run around the keep on a mount? I guess that would be good.