Mount Dyes won't remain "saved"

I've not encountered this myself, and not heard of it happening, so I'm not sure what's going wrong. Here's a few things to check to narrow down the problem, so we can either find a solution or to contribute to a bug report:

1) Do you mean when you switch to a different character the dyes don't carry across? Or that when you switch to a different character, then switch back to the one where you dyed the mount the colours have reset to the default? (If it's the first one that's working as intended, if it's the second then there's a problem somewhere.)

2) Did you remember to click 'apply' once you've chosen the dyes you want?

3) Does this happen every time you switch characters? Does it only happen when you switch or have the dyes reset at other times too? If you dye a mount and then immediately get on them are they using the correct dyes? What if you go through a loading screen? Or log out and then log back into the same character?

(The 'Show Default Dyes setting should be irrelevant - that only affects the mount skin menu, so you can compare and choose skins without your current dye scheme affecting them, because what looks good on one mount can look a total mess on another.)

Thanks for your replies, I went back and narrowed down the problem. For example; I have three mount skins for raptor. Regular, Primordial and Bio luminescence. After dying all three of these (and accepting change) I have a problem when changing between these three mounts. The top two dye squares (from the block of four squares available to be dyed) changes to whatever dyes I have used to dye the last mount. So, regardless of what I have used in the 4 block square when dying a mount, when I switch to another skin (same mount) the top two squares of the dye block take on the last color dyed. Sorry for sounding confusing, but this is what is happening; So, top two squares of Primordial skin are green - but if I switch to bio luminescence skin and dye the top two squares red, when I switch back to Primordial the top two squares change from green to red. This is after accepting change.

@Crashalot.8406 said:Thanks for your replies, I went back and narrowed down the problem. For example; I have three mount skins for raptor. Regular, Primordial and Bio luminescence. After dying all three of these (and accepting change) I have a problem when changing between these three mounts. The top two dye squares (from the block of four squares available to be dyed) changes to whatever dyes I have used to dye the last mount. So, regardless of what I have used in the 4 block square when dying a mount, when I switch to another skin (same mount) the top two squares of the dye block take on the last color dyed. Sorry for sounding confusing, but this is what is happening; So, top two squares of Primordial skin are green - but if I switch to bio luminescence skin and dye the top two squares red, when I switch back to Primordial the top two squares change from green to red. This is after accepting change.

Yeah, that’s just how it works. There’s no dye saves, just like there’s no armor dye saves either.

It's the same with outfits and gliders too. You have one set of dyes for each 'item' type, not one for each skin.

It's one of the main things which puts me off buying more outfits - if I have to fiddle around with the dyes each time it completely defeats the point of having outfits to quickly switch to, which means it's not worth having more than a couple for each character. I don't mind it as much with mount skins because I don't tend to swap them as often, but in other games I switch mounts as the time so maybe I'd be more inclined to do it if I could dye each one separately.

I assume it's something to do with how the wardrobe handles unlocked items. Armour and weapons can have different dyes but I suspect that's because there's an actual item in your inventory to apply the selections to. I don't know if it's possible for Anet to change it but I wish they would.

Somewhere on the wiki there is a page where you can put in your API key and it lists out the armor/outfit and dyes currently used. I can't recall if it includes mount dyes or not. Then, at least you can save those somewhere (e.g. txt or doc file) if you want to switch stuff around, but be able to go back later by looking at your saved list.

I tried searching for the page, but I can't find it. Maybe someone has the link.

Thank you all for your replies. Strange how when you know it happens to every one it makes it a little better, lolI was getting so frustrated there for a while but good to know it's not a bug I have to submit. And thank you "TheAgedGnome.7520" it is good adviceand I will put something together like that.