Starborn Outfit — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Starborn Outfit

Its a rather ugly outfit imo. I dunno, I just cant find the appeal in it. What do other people think? If you love it share a screenshot

<13

Comments

  • Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I have seen it in the preview window.

    Someone in my guild got it.

    Looks REALLY good for my tastes.

    Great job on the outfit Anet. :+1:

    Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

  • Magnus Godrik.5841Magnus Godrik.5841 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Its fine. The head piece is silly tho.

  • Batel.9206Batel.9206 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 30, 2019

    Looks like a skimpier (and darker blue) version of the Zodiac armor, truth be told. I don't like it much either, though I do admit the details in the metallic parts are lovely.
    Edit: Unlike the Zodiac armor, I'm guessing every part can be dyed, so that's nice.

    fear not this night
    you will not go astray

  • Zuldari.3940Zuldari.3940 Member ✭✭✭

    Its nice, i like it. Wearing that and riding the star mounts would be nice.

    Coo! Quaggan Love's You! ♥♥♥

  • I got it. Has 3 dyeable sections (there is a fourth but if it dyes anything it’s tiny and I couldn’t find it) and you can dye the body part.

    Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

    Forum Guides: Images. Text

  • Zunki.3916Zunki.3916 Member ✭✭✭

    Can you disable the headpiece?

    Viable != Optimal

    Not viable = You only get carried, 10 players with a build as "viable as yours" can't properly do it.

  • Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

    It's one of the best outfits.

    Very passive aggressively chuckling, because I'm totally not mad on the Internet.

  • Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Zunki.3916 said:
    Can you disable the headpiece?

    You can. As for every outfit you just uncheck your helmet.

    Very passive aggressively chuckling, because I'm totally not mad on the Internet.

  • @Magnus Godrik.5841 said:
    Its fine. The head piece is silly tho.

    Agree totally, I love the looks on Charr, we even get a tiny little piece of armor on the tip of our tails, which is cool. : D

  • Etria.3642Etria.3642 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I must get this for my keyfarm characters.

  • Lollipup.6537Lollipup.6537 Member
    edited July 30, 2019

    I like it a lot and it made me sad to find out that you can only get it from the BL chests. :anguished: As much as I want it, I don't think I'll bother as I've never been lucky with those chests. The RNG gods are not with me sadly. Would totally buy them from the gem store though if they were available there.

  • I actually like it. Got it on the 5th chest. So not that bad.

  • Haleydawn.3764Haleydawn.3764 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 30, 2019

    @Just a flesh wound.3589 said:
    I got it. Has 3 dyeable sections (there is a fourth but if it dyes anything it’s tiny and I couldn’t find it) and you can dye the body part.

    4 dyable sections. The Top two relate to the 'armor' bits (the trim and main material), the bottom two dye the skin (One overall for the canvas, the second is an overlay, much like the Polysaturating Infusions create.) No tiny about the dye slots imo, play with it more.

    I bought gems for gold just for the outfit. I hate outfits, but I had to have this one, it's just my thing.

    Better get a wriggle on.

  • @Haleydawn.3764 said:

    @Just a flesh wound.3589 said:
    I got it. Has 3 dyeable sections (there is a fourth but if it dyes anything it’s tiny and I couldn’t find it) and you can dye the body part.

    4 dyable sections. The Top two relate to the 'armor' bits (the trim and main material), the bottom two dye the skin (One overall for the canvas, the second is an overlay, much like the Polysaturating Infusions create.) No tiny about the dye slots imo, play with it more.

    I bought gems for gold just for the outfit. I hate outfits, but I had to have this one, it's just my thing.

    I tried a bright white then a bright red on that 4th slot. I turned the char around and couldn’t see any change.
    Maybe I need to check the settings on my computer.

    Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

    Forum Guides: Images. Text

  • Josiah.2967Josiah.2967 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 30, 2019

    @cptaylor.2670 said:

    @Kattenpootjes.4291 said:
    Not only a bad outfit but also a bad implementation, 0/10 nasty gambling enabling corrupt company decision.

    I agree, outfits should not be in chests. Insta buy for me if it were. But if I don’t get it in 25 keys I’m just not going to get it. If I even gamble on that. Horrible decision. Just have with the option to be bought or as a random drop from chests like the mount skin.

    I just watched 2 people with 25 keys not get it. One using a gold key. Hard pass until there is a guaranteed option. Even if it is statues.

  • Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Considering I really like the space mounts I'm surprised I don't like this outfit, but it just doesn't appeal to me, I can't think of any time I'd use it on any of my characters.

    I suppose that's for the best considering I don't buy black lion keys so my chances of getting it are pretty low.

    Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

    "I know that I'm born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine."

  • Vyrulisse.1246Vyrulisse.1246 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 30, 2019

    It would look much better if it didn't have the shoulders or the nebula effect over your entire body. Skimpy armor is okay, Anet no need to hide it behind star charts.

  • Svennis.3852Svennis.3852 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 30, 2019

    I’m not crazy about it BUT I absolutely LOVE that the male version is just as skimpy as the female.

    GOOD JOB, Anet!

    Edit: Hope this design equality is a trend for the future. Take a page out of FF14’s book.

  • sorudo.9054sorudo.9054 Member ✭✭✭✭

    it seems like they love the RNG so much that they even add outfits and armor parts in it lately, more money for them i guess.....

  • Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @sorudo.9054 said:
    it seems like they love the RNG so much that they even add outfits and armor parts in it lately, more money for them i guess.....

    This isn't a new thing. The black lion chests have had 1-2 account bound items which are not available anywhere else for years now (since about 2016 I think). This isn't even the first time it's been an outfit.

    I don't like it either, I don't buy cash shop RNG items in any game and it's frustrating when there isn't another way to get those items. But I'm confused by the number of comments I've seen today acting like this outfit being exclusive to the chests is something new and unexpected, or somehow indicative of a change in direction for Anet. At this point it's standard practice.

    Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

    "I know that I'm born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine."

  • Curunen.8729Curunen.8729 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Looks terrible on asura aside from the star texture. The "clothes"/headpiece aren't my thing. Glad to not like it given is rng drop so I can safely ignore it.

    My ears, how are you! | Kourna Jackrabbit for default Springer

  • Tarlonniel.6534Tarlonniel.6534 Member ✭✭✭

    I don't like the... modesty bits. Or the RNG. Too bad, because the starry sky look is right up my alley.

  • VanWilder.6923VanWilder.6923 Member ✭✭✭

    @Omnicron.2467 said:
    Its a rather ugly outfit imo.

    Then dont buy it. Its a very simple and straight forward answer / solution here.

  • DeanBB.4268DeanBB.4268 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I got the raptor skin on key 17 and the outfit on #33, with some other goodies along the way. I'd been saving up keys for a while and still have 30 for whatever interesting thing comes up next. :)

    X__________________________
    (Signature Required)

  • Memoranda.9386Memoranda.9386 Member ✭✭✭

    26 keys got me both the mount and the outfit. So far it's taken me about 20 - 25 keys to get the "desired" item in the chests.

    All keys farmed or bought with in-game gold.

  • Irreverent.3594Irreverent.3594 Member ✭✭✭

    Blue celestial infusion with a diaper. Now i have seen everything.

  • VoxShatterfall.5470VoxShatterfall.5470 Member ✭✭
    edited July 31, 2019

    @cptaylor.2670 said:
    Okay, well despite saying I wasn't going to, I bought some keys to give it a shot. Needless to say, 40+ keys and I got a bunch of junk soaring weapon skins, used statuettes to get a golden key and got the mount. So, great, I got the mount. But still no outfit.

    Whelp I saw the drop table and thought to myself same category means relatively same level of drop rate. 97 keys later no outfit.
    At least i used keys I stocked up on.

    Seems that the drop rate is really low compared to that of the uncommon, heck I even got 3-4 rare drops.

    Edit:
    And after I traded in extra statues for gold keys I finally got the outfit.

    Press [special action key] for razorblade free candy!!

  • cptaylor.2670cptaylor.2670 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @VoxShatterfall.5470 said:

    @cptaylor.2670 said:
    Okay, well despite saying I wasn't going to, I bought some keys to give it a shot. Needless to say, 40+ keys and I got a bunch of junk soaring weapon skins, used statuettes to get a golden key and got the mount. So, great, I got the mount. But still no outfit.

    Whelp I saw the drop table and thought to myself same category means relatively same level of drop rate. 97 keys later no outfit.
    At least i used keys I stocked up on.

    Seems that the drop rate is really low compared to that of the uncommon, heck I even got 3-4 rare drops.

    Edit:
    And after I traded in extra statues for gold keys I finally got the outfit.

    That's insane. If you spend that much money on keys, you should be able to pick out whatever item you want that isn't some insanely rare harvesting node. Or mount skin. But honestly, the outfit shouldn't be a random drop to begin with. There's no reason it shouldn't be like the mount where you have the option of buying it straight up, or getting it as a freebie for buying keys.

    Make the black lion chests have something other than garbage in them, and maybe people will buy keys so you don't have to force this kitten onto people. But no, swindling for that extra $$ is the way this company works now apparently.

  • Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 31, 2019

    @Mea.5491 said:
    Oof, sparkly naked human females have invaded Mistlock. :astonished: So creative. /sarcasm

    Male is just as skimpy.

  • XYLO.7031XYLO.7031 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 31, 2019

    @Shade.8971 said:

    Used 11 keys for mount and I got this. You can do some ridiculous dye combos with this XD.

    Welcome Starry Knight from the Chippendales agency! ::applause::
    He's so Mantastic! <3

    Beetle Gymkhana @ Post Reset Crimson TT
    Add me if you love to drift endlessly and grab big sky off of ramps.
    If you use the "drift button" or "handbrake" to drift, don't.
    "Speedy Runner" by King & Queen

  • XYLO.7031XYLO.7031 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 31, 2019

    @Paclee.6189 said:
    salesman: While displaying said outfit, you will be forced to wear METAL DIAPER.
    me: "Nooooooooo! That's not true! That's impossible!"

    "METAL DIAPER" had me rolling. Lol. Sounds like a geriatric rock band. Hahaha.

    Everyone, let's give a big round of applause for........ METAL DIAPER!!!!!! :applause:

    On a more serious note, I'm with the more practical bunch who are opting out of key gambling. You DON'T just BUY this thing. It's a clear sign that things ARE going in a bad direction when this is targetting whales.

    For those who have spent cash on 25+ keys without getting what they want, I salute you. You da REAL VIPs funding our collective gw2 experience.

    RIP cash

    Beetle Gymkhana @ Post Reset Crimson TT
    Add me if you love to drift endlessly and grab big sky off of ramps.
    If you use the "drift button" or "handbrake" to drift, don't.
    "Speedy Runner" by King & Queen

  • Zaoda.1653Zaoda.1653 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 31, 2019

    @Shade.8971 said:

    Used 11 keys for mount and I got this. You can do some ridiculous dye combos with this XD.

    May I ask what dyes you used? I'm trying to get a nicely tanned looking skin colour just like that for one of my characters - the best I can come up with is 'pumpkin'.

    I personally think this outfit is awesome. Anet did a great job on it, and I'm glad that the male version is skimpy. Skimpy equality!!! :-)

  • Ultramex.1506Ultramex.1506 Member ✭✭✭

    I'm guessing this is Anet answer for Bikini outfit, looks......meh on non-female Human especially Asura.

  • XYLO.7031XYLO.7031 Member ✭✭✭

    @Ultramex.1506 said:
    I'm guessing this is Anet answer for Bikini outfit, looks......meh on non-female Human especially Asura.

    They should just do flat out bikinis like Korean MMOs. They make BANK! And mankinis for those interested ;)

    Beetle Gymkhana @ Post Reset Crimson TT
    Add me if you love to drift endlessly and grab big sky off of ramps.
    If you use the "drift button" or "handbrake" to drift, don't.
    "Speedy Runner" by King & Queen

  • Ultramex.1506Ultramex.1506 Member ✭✭✭

    @XYLO.7031 said:

    @Ultramex.1506 said:
    I'm guessing this is Anet answer for Bikini outfit, looks......meh on non-female Human especially Asura.

    They should just do flat out bikinis like Korean MMOs. They make BANK! And mankinis for those interested ;)

    A bit worry about female charr bikini though, are they gonna put in more effort in it?

  • coso.9173coso.9173 Member ✭✭✭

    i can't see it in game, in the ouftit section, I want to see how it looks, but i'm not too fond of those textures in general. looks like some sort of space cabaret XD

  • XYLO.7031XYLO.7031 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 31, 2019

    @Ultramex.1506 said:

    @XYLO.7031 said:

    @Ultramex.1506 said:
    I'm guessing this is Anet answer for Bikini outfit, looks......meh on non-female Human especially Asura.

    They should just do flat out bikinis like Korean MMOs. They make BANK! And mankinis for those interested ;)

    A bit worry about female charr bikini though, are they gonna put in more effort in it?

    I'm all in if it's equitable. Furkini, Nornkini, Treekini, Surakini...

    But a Borat Mankini on a Huge NORN omg lool endless laughter

    Beetle Gymkhana @ Post Reset Crimson TT
    Add me if you love to drift endlessly and grab big sky off of ramps.
    If you use the "drift button" or "handbrake" to drift, don't.
    "Speedy Runner" by King & Queen

  • XYLO.7031XYLO.7031 Member ✭✭✭

    @Hashberry.4510 said:
    Where do we stuff the dollar bills?

    You stick your hand into the void and release. It's symbolic of what you have to go through to get it. Throwing your money away (or time if you key farm for it).

    To the conservative folks out there, you can only see space and a metal diaper. What's revealing about that? Lol

    Beetle Gymkhana @ Post Reset Crimson TT
    Add me if you love to drift endlessly and grab big sky off of ramps.
    If you use the "drift button" or "handbrake" to drift, don't.
    "Speedy Runner" by King & Queen

  • Liewec.2896Liewec.2896 Member ✭✭✭

    i wish we could get chest and leg armour skins like starborn (without changing the skin texture to stars.)

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.