When can we buy real estate in Lion's Arch or Home World maps?

Hopefully, never...it's really unnecessary...about the only time I spend there is to harvest the nodes, there's absolutely no other reason I'd go there, I have to many important things to take care of in the world.

P.S. - The Scribe craft was created to make Guild Hall decorations and for no other purpose that I'm aware of.

We sort of did that in the guild hall. But, there are limited amounts of decorations that can be in the guild hall and the leaders of the guild filled up the place and severely limited the amount of decorations we could have in our little "real estate" that we paid the guild gold for.

And, as I am told this discussion has been "talked to death," I really kind of haven't seen any concrete answers, yay or nay, about it. "Talking to death" about something is not the same as an answer. Maybe there will never be an answer. I haven't seen an answer in any of the "talking to death" parts. I could have missed it or not. But, I've asked anyway.

@Zaklex.6308 said:Hopefully, never...it's really unnecessary...about the only time I spend there is to harvest the nodes, there's absolutely no other reason I'd go there, I have to many important things to take care of in the world.

P.S. - The Scribe craft was created to make Guild Hall decorations and for no other purpose that I'm aware of.

Tbh the scribe profession is more about mat sinks ... by far the least enjoyable crafting profession imo it just pushes more necessity to farm more of the same farm maps and for me it just sucks the life out of something that should be centred around creativity of the guild hall.As for player housing... I have nothing against it, but I don't think I could trust ANET to implement it in a way that it would be fun to do considering the mess I feel they made of Guild Halls and Scribing in general.Pushing content out that creates a need for players to farm and grind endlessly as a second job or a credit card heaven just to create some fancy chairs and tables let alone anything substantial like ... say a holo dragon just makes it unfun for me and likely others. Now transpose that to a personal housing... makes it even more intensive imo.

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@Zaklex.6308 said:Hopefully, never...it's really unnecessary...about the only time I spend there is to harvest the nodes, there's absolutely no other reason I'd go there, I have to many important things to take care of in the world.

Tbh the scribe profession is more about mat sinks ... by far the least enjoyable crafting profession imo it just pushes more necessity to farm more of the same farm maps and for me it just sucks the life out of something that should be centred around creativity of the guild hall.As for player housing... I have nothing against it, but I don't think I could trust ANET to implement it in a way that it would be fun to do considering the mess I feel they made of Guild Halls and Scribing in general.Pushing content out that creates a need for players to farm and grind endlessly as a second job or a credit card heaven just to create some fancy chairs and tables let alone anything substantial like ... say a holo dragon just makes it unfun for me and likely others. Now transpose that to a personal housing... makes it even more intensive imo.

I believe the theory behind the material sinks was that everyone in the guild would contribute materials to the designated Scribe, that was the original intent from what I remember, they didn't expect Guilds to have multiple people take up the profession. This would lessen the material burden from one person to spread it out over everyone, but I guess getting some people to donate materials isn't as easy as it sounds(though if you're in a Guild that could just be a requirement for membership).

@Zaklex.6308 said:

I believe the theory behind the material sinks was that everyone in the guild would contribute materials to the designated Scribe, that was the original intent from what I remember, they didn't expect Guilds to have multiple people take up the profession. This would lessen the material burden from one person to spread it out over everyone, but I guess getting some people to donate materials isn't as easy as it sounds(though if you're in a Guild that could just be a requirement for membership).

Guild size is not equal, therefore that burden will never be equal, but yes the theory was that guilds would share the load and the costs, but that doesn't often work out to well. Then like I said, now transpose that to player housing and that burden falls on the individual and many more scribes will need to emerge at the same time.Just levelling scribe is a pita before you even attempt to make decos, which is why the whole guild hall scribe malarkey makes me not trust in ANET to deliver Player housing any different and will imo become just another under used feature that serves only for the whales and the credit card army.