Tear Down Damage and Nerf Some Skills

fewfield.7802

I have been playing wvw for years. I feel like at this state of the game wvw is not fun anymore since scourges were released.

The Ability to simultaneously range bomb and self-bomb is to OP. I wish there's a change that scourges can only bomb one spot at a time.I am playing scourge myself sometimes. It was fun for farming some noobs but it has been killing the overall gameplay for too long.

One more thing, Rev and Elementalist range damage is a bit too high and fatal.Fights were a lot more fun when Melee train was meta. Now It's all about range.Fatal Damage should come from Group Coordination and Sync-Bomb not just from a few range classes.So please lower the range damage and make the game more melee and fun.

If you have no clue what I am talking about, I can show you some vids of the current state and the the old once the overall damage was lower and no scourge.

Please think about it Anet if you still wanna fix the game.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The high damage is meant to prevent the bunker meta.

Though I can relate, in a sense. From the balance perspective, one of the things I've found to be frustrating is a lack of stated direction. Things like whether or not Anet considers benchmarks when making changes, and what their desired threshold is for each profession. Or, whether they're intending to balance a class, or balance around a class instead. With no clear standards or stated goal, it makes a lot of these balance decisions seem very random. I try my best to glean a cohesive message from these changes, but it would really ease my mind if Arenanet just told us what their goal is.

@fewfield.7802 said:Elementalist range damage is a bit too high and fatal.

thank you for this friendly reminder that there are STILL people playing elementalists !

oh boy you have no clue ... ele are the worst class in WvW and pvp ... ( yes there are some roamer weaver which thinks that their unkillable no damage applying build is great - its not.)

@fewfield.7802 said:I have been playing wvw for years. I feel like at this state of the game wvw is not fun anymore since scourges were released.

The Ability to simultaneously range bomb and self-bomb is to OP. I wish there's a change that scourges can only bomb one spot at a time.I am playing scourge myself sometimes. It was fun for farming some noobs but it has been killing the overall gameplay for too long.

One more thing, Rev and Elementalist range damage is a bit too high and fatal.Fights were a lot more fun when Melee train was meta. Now It's all about range.Fatal Damage should come from Group Coordination and Sync-Bomb not just from a few range classes.So please lower the range damage and make the game more melee and fun.

If you have no clue what I am talking about, I can show you some vids of the current state and the the old once the overall damage was lower and no scourge.

mmm... so, you've met a zerk ele. =) or zerk scourge. just a little situational awareness friend.

the idea is simple. a small tanky group cant kill a big tanky group, but damage group can always kill tanky or damage groups.

speed king, positioning is queen, and damage is the little prince.

@fewfield.7802 said:

@fewfield.7802 said:One more thing, Elementalist range damage is a bit too high and fatal.

What!!!You mean FA scepter that dies to ambient creature farts or ....?

I mean Staff weaver with Meteor

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Meteor_Showerthat op skill.instant cast time and 5 second recharge!!!1900 range like ranger!!!!!nerf fast please!!!!

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@fewfield.7802 said:I have been playing wvw for years. I feel like at this state of the game wvw is not fun anymore since scourges were released.

mmm... so, you've met a zerk ele. =) or zerk scourge. just a little situational awareness friend.

the idea is simple. a small tanky group cant kill a big tanky group, but damage group can always kill tanky or damage groups.

I didnt meet zerk ele and zerk scourge. That's what i am. I post this from the winner and abuser perspective. The gameplay is too fast and not fun at all.

@bluberblasen.9684 said:

@fewfield.7802 said:One more thing, Elementalist range damage is a bit too high and fatal.

that op skill.instant cast time and 5 second recharge!!!1900 range like ranger!!!!!nerf fast please!!!!

Actually i would particularly aim at Hammer rev cuz it's more spammable than Meteor BUT you pointed out the ele issue. Ele dmg is dangerous but also take some skills to survive and cast it with proper timing and position, so it's fine i guess.

@fewfield.7802 said:

I didnt meet zerk ele and zerk scourge. That's what i am. I post this from the winner and abuser perspective. The gameplay is too fast and not fun at all.

i think you just face not good players is all. its hard to find good ones when they stacked in x server or y server. since others are relatively casual.

like we do meet bad players 15 or so and half of that dies to our 6 players, thru our zerk ele.

but sometimes we do meet good ones who are half our numberd when we're 10 or so and they beat us.

team synergy is a factor and ppl dont realize this.

ex. we at nsp dont got numbers and we are farely casual, but when we meet blob, we know if we go tanky, we got no chance. so if we do fight, we go all out paper, my guys, except for our minstrel guards, and more often than not, we kill the bad players of x server. but when they good.

no chance man. hehe. we just go flip sentries on a different map.

the game is easy enough, but there are those who has mastered the easy. and they are difficult to fight.

if you want, why not stick with a 10 man team and fight players. its what i aim for now. since atleast i have control of 10 guys.

its fun too. you meet 10 players, 15, 20, and gamble on your push to kill.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

i think you just face not good players is all. its hard to find good ones when they stacked in x server or y server. since others are relatively casual.

like we do meet bad players 15 or so and half of that dies to our 6 players, thru our zerk ele.

but sometimes we do meet good ones who are half our numberd when we're 10 or so and they beat us.

Sry for not giving enough detail. I mostly play wvw large scale around 30-70 man zerg. And with that number, zerg bursting is getting harder and harder every patch cuz they nerfed the main source of boons like chronomancer but never give a fk about the dps classes. I saw a vid from HoT era which 5 ppl can survive and beat 30 man zerg if they play wisely and properly(that's what good skill play should reward you) but with this powercreep PoF, i would say 0% chance to do that.

@fewfield.7802 said:

Sry for not giving enough detail. I mostly play wvw large scale around 30-70 man zerg. And with that number, zerg bursting is getting harder and harder every patch cuz they nerfed the main source of boons like chronomancer but never give a kitten about the dps classes. I saw a vid from HoT era which 5 ppl can survive and beat 30 man zerg if they play wisely and properly(that's what good skill play should reward you) but with this powercreep PoF, i would say 0% chance to do that.

you can beat 30 if they are bad, bro. you see clips cause they meet easy prey.

why not try doing a 10 man team sometime.

also with 35 meta geared players who know what they are doing of course enemies will be a push over.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

Sry for not giving enough detail. I mostly play wvw large scale around 30-70 man zerg. And with that number, zerg bursting is getting harder and harder every patch cuz they nerfed the main source of boons like chronomancer but never give a kitten about the dps classes. I saw a vid from HoT era which 5 ppl can survive and beat 30 man zerg if they play wisely and properly(that's what good skill play should reward you) but with this powercreep PoF, i would say 0% chance to do that.

you can beat 30 if they are bad, bro. you see clips cause they meet easy prey.

why not try doing a 10 man team sometime.

You cant beat 30 with 5-10. If they have only 1-2 bubbles and push at the sametimes and chase you all they way, you wont be able to regrp to heal/reapply boon/reset skills. too much dmg to sustain. the point is if you are the one with lower number you get fked but if you have higher number, it's too easy.

Maybe show me some vids, so i can see what you are talking about.

@fewfield.7802 said:

@Justine.6351 said:How hard do we really need to curbstomp staff ele?Whats next? Nerf fireball so it only hits 1 target? Remove the evade off Burning Retreat?

just tear down a bit of meteor dmg is enough.

I play a glass cannon hammer rev and meteors from a glass ele hit me for like 8-10k. What I have learned may shock you / 99% of people wont believe how easy this trick is !

! Don't stand in meteor shower.

@Justine.6351 said:

@Justine.6351 said:How hard do we really need to curbstomp staff ele?Whats next? Nerf fireball so it only hits 1 target? Remove the evade off Burning Retreat?

I play a glass cannon hammer rev and meteors from a glass ele hit me for like 8-10k. What I have learned may shock you / 99% of people wont believe how easy this trick is !

As i replyed to others, Meteor is more acceptable cuz it takes skill to cast and place properly but Hammer Rev is spammable and even braindead players can spam 8k-10k dmg for the whole fight.

@fewfield.7802 said:

that op skill.instant cast time and 5 second recharge!!!1900 range like ranger!!!!!nerf fast please!!!!

Actually i would particularly aim at Hammer rev cuz it's more spammable than Meteor BUT you pointed out the ele issue. Ele dmg is dangerous but also take some skills to survive and cast it with proper timing and position, so it's fine i guess.

/bow

@fewfield.7802 said:

@"Sovereign.1093" said:

just some lucky fights we got.

this is so because we are not many. if u got nos. you got a lot of advantage.

and this is what im talking about.

well, nos. equal damage. and surprise attacks kill.

if you want a counter to your scourge problem. just have a group with fb rev scrappers in it with its own scourge scourge.

if you got 35 to 70, then fight someone without having to use veil or invis. it will not be a quick one unless you fight enemies with less experience.

w/c server are you?

@fewfield.7802 said:

As i replyed to others, Meteor is more acceptable cuz it takes skill to cast and place properly but Hammer Rev is spammable and even braindead players can spam 8k-10k dmg for the whole fight.

Really? Cool I would like to see a vid of a hammer rev spamming 8-10k damage strikes for a minute straight.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

just some lucky fights we got.

this is so because we are not many. if u got nos. you got a lot of advantage.

and this is what im talking about.

well, nos. equal damage. and surprise attacks kill.

if you want a counter to your scourge problem. just have a group with fb rev scrappers in it with its own scourge scourge.

if you got 35 to 70, then fight someone without having to use veil or invis. it will not be a quick one unless you fight enemies with less experience.

w/c server are you?

The original point is overall dmg is too high and fights were ended too fast. that's why i made this post.

And I am on WSR the most 2nd stacked server on EU.