How many of you have swapped to Thief for that spicy portal on a class that Anet isn't prejudiced to — Guild Wars 2 Forums

How many of you have swapped to Thief for that spicy portal on a class that Anet isn't prejudiced to

Vincenzo.3145Vincenzo.3145 Member ✭✭✭

How many of you have swapped to Thief for that spicy portal on a class that Anet isn't prejudiced to 46 votes

Swapped to Thief.
4%
necromaniac.7629madrono.9468 2 votes
Remained a Mesmer so the devs can bully me some more.
15%
Donn.9024IvarEriksson.2498CharJC.8365Lexi.1398KiroIB.4508Oulak.3610AwwYiss.8146 7 votes
Swapped to something else.
13%
Pyroatheist.9031broFenix.1632Teefy.5016azzardome.9184talprofil.5986alain.1659 6 votes
Quit the game until they fix Mesmer/Chrono.
34%
Solori.6025Alpha.1308BinaerHamsteraer.7396Arionell.3574Me Games Ma.8426Justine.6351Kylden Ar.3724Hiemdal.4367Takashiro.8701SloRules.3560ZeteCommander.4937Nepster.4275Richard Marcinko.5132Vincenzo.3145Hiraga Taichiru.1580Tayga.3192 16 votes
Quit indefinitely and moved on to something else.
6%
Fashion Mage.3712Lyndina.7984Yoci.2481 3 votes
Quaggan Astronauts
26%
Curunen.8729BadMed.3846InsaneQR.7412supa suop.8026viquing.8254whoeverxwins.1279Xervite.5493torusnc.6789Doto.6357Tolkien Nerd.8639Tycura.1982Sardris.4369 12 votes

Comments

• Vincenzo.3145Vincenzo.3145 Member ✭✭✭

I would be okay with Chrono getting deleted if we got Quaggan Astronauts as a playable race/class instead.

• Donn.9024Donn.9024 Member ✭✭
    Remained a Mesmer so the devs can bully me some more.

WvW Chronohell...

• Quit indefinitely and moved on to something else.

I quit for good, just watching the forums once a day to see if this "balance" team does something good, in which i have big doubt. But hey! Buy our shop stuff!

• Swapped to something else.

I swapped to Elementalist, seeing that Chronomancer did not seem as viable now. I was working towards gearing my Chronomancer for support in fractals/raids, but I thought it better to invest my time/gold into Elementalist, after I tried Ele and really loved playing it. I had not played my Elementalist that I played to level 80 for about 3 years, but I am really enjoying the animations and theme of Ele more than Mesmer, at least for now.

• Curunen.8729Curunen.8729 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quaggan Astronauts

Need resident quaggan npc floating around mistlock sanctuary, occasionally yelling "spaaaaaaaaace!"

My ears, how are you! | Kourna Jackrabbit for default Springer

• Me Games Ma.8426Me Games Ma.8426 Member ✭✭✭

I tried rerolling today but it didn't work out. Had no fun playing other classes. Playing some hunting simulator now :) /

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

Havnt played since balance update and I don't main chrono. But I still care for mine and my friends.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

@Skotlex.7580 said:
    Uhm, if you read the thief forums, you'd think Anet has a special dislike of the class, that it's been nerfed until oblivion, and only in the last two rounds of balance updates its gotten a few upgrades (with downgrades, like swipe).

So, I am pretty sure thief mains don't feel at all that Anet isn't biased against them. Them and Mesmer are the two classes that keep getting the hammer because they are also the ones people complain the most about in competitive modes.

I do actually. And that's only from reading the patch notes. Deadeye's Mark is amazing. Swipe is anything but. Like what even is this? I thought the trade-off was supposed to make Core specs better like they did with Rev, not make the elites worse

@Lyndina.7984 said:
    I quit for good, just watching the forums once a day to see if this "balance" team does something good, in which i have big doubt. But hey! Buy our shop stuff!

I've seen the balance team do some amazing stuff. But it feels as though there are some people on it making highly questionable decisions and evaluations of certain classes.

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭

I have a mesmer also, and I like that changes.

• Swapped to something else.

I wouldn't say that I outright quit the class but I have moved my legendary armor from my mes to my ele and gave my mesmer a fresh ascended Viper armor for playing mirage and I'm planning to give it a exotic diviner armor so I can still support in raids. So you could say that I quit chrono for fractals and you'll no longer see me tanking.
    It's not quitting but a step away from mesmer, gonna have some fun with new builds on ele in the meantime.

• Hiemdal.4367Hiemdal.4367 Member
    edited August 2, 2019

I've played since beta (only mesmer) and exclusively chronomancer since Heart of Thorns came out (I haven't even unlocked mirage because I loved the spec so much). But with the last patch I've shelved the game until some things change, and forever if they don't. I'm a PvE player and the main things is the class just isn't fun to play anymore, even if its balanced. Before I was able to share boons to whom and when I wanted, and it felt good to see my allies bars fill with my support abilities. Now I need to rely on allies standing in my wells, and have little agency over the gameplay. Before I could use distort clone-free to dodge a boss, now even if I have clones up its tied to continuum split.

Everything feels moderately clunky, and my positioning and timing seems to matter less. It's just a game so it's all relative in the grand scheme of things, but I'm still really disappointed in how things have gone the past few patches.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.