Would it be possible to get an outfit version of nice clothes like these?

There's a lot of very nice looking civilian garments in the game, such as this historically accurate long dress with a bodice:

7gzxLxS.png

However, such wonderful, simple clothes are essentially restricted to that NPC.

Could we clothes like those in the gemstore at some point?

There's some really nice pieces of Norn civilian clothing in Hoelbrak I would love too.That said, I am sure re-purposing this stuff is actually pretty hard and it would probably be easier for them to make new clothes.And given how the over-the-top stuff sells like hotcakes, I'm not sure we will be seeing any tame options added any time soon.

@mindcircus.1506 said:There's some really nice pieces of Norn civilian clothing in Hoelbrak I would love too.That said, I am sure re-purposing this stuff is actually pretty hard and it would probably be easier for them to make new clothes.And given how the over-the-top stuff sells like hotcakes, I'm not sure we will be seeing any tame options added any time soon.

I'd have no issue if they were to make a dress like this from scratch. However, considering the fact that they've succesfully managed to sell people the wedding dress (Which a character usually only wears on one occasion unless they get widowed a lot) for 1000 gems, and I've also seen plenty of people running around in the countess outfit, I see no reason why an outfit based on that dress couldn't be just as hotcakey as the over-the-top stuff. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? And why stop at Humans? Surely there's nice casual clothes in (as you've mentioned) Hoelbrak, but also the Grove, Rata Sum and the Black Citadel.

@"Trise.2865" said:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Common_Clothing_Outfit

But I'm guessing that's not good enough...

Oh definitely not. The words I used to describe that one is what got the previous iteration of this thread moved to the trash can. There's a nice one you can make with the light armour skins, but it's not as nice as the long blue dress the NPCs get:

bM0gEH1.jpg

@Maxajax.6350 said:

@"mindcircus.1506" said:There's some really nice pieces of Norn civilian clothing in Hoelbrak I would love too.That said, I am sure re-purposing this stuff is actually pretty hard and it would probably be easier for them to make new clothes.And given how the over-the-top stuff sells like hotcakes, I'm not sure we will be seeing any tame options added any time soon.

I'd have no issue if they were to make a dress like this from scratch. However, considering the fact that they've succesfully managed to sell people the wedding dress (Which a character usually only wears on one occasion unless they get widowed a lot) for 1000 gems, and I've also seen plenty of people running around in the countess outfit, I see no reason why an outfit based on that dress couldn't be just as hotcakey as the over-the-top stuff.

If you think throwing your commoner dress into a BL chest would have people dumping money on keys the same way as the Starborn outfit you are kidding yourself.I tell you exactly what you would see,"I just WASTED 25 dollars on BL keys and all I got was a LAZY reskin of some peasant's dress from Divinty's Reach!!!! ANET ARE SCAMMERS. LOOT BOXES ARE THE DEVIL.. I AM CALLING MY CONGRESSMAN!!!!!"

Seriously though you need to admit this is a niche desire. Post your request and move on.The ship has sailed on the original aesthetic of this game.

@"Trise.2865" said:Try this:"Dear ANet,I would like simple, long skirts, please."

Bonus points if you can come up with a reason why an adventurer running around in unpredictable terrain, including wading through actual lava, might want that.

We don't spend all our time doing that though, and I like having outfits which look like regular clothing for exactly that reason. It's just as silly for someone shopping in a city to be wearing plate mail as for an adventurer to be scrambling over dangerous terrain in a skirt and heels (although a lot of light armour includes skirts and heels).

Back when Season 2 was released people complained about their characters having nothing to wear for the Party Politics instance (where you have to investigate the Krytan Ministry) and posted screenshots of how ridiculously out of place their character looked wearing armour at this fancy party. (This was just after the wardrobe was introduced - most town clothes had turned into tonics, making them largely useless, and there were very few outfits available, none of which looked like normal clothes.)

We do have some options for 'civilian' clothing now of course. The ones I use are the Common Clothing, Noble Count, Wedding and Monk outfits, and on non-humans the Chef outfit and on males and certain females the Pirate outfit. But there's nothing like the dress the OP asked for (or the similar dress worn by generic human noble women.

• 2 months later...

The first time I played GW2 I saw the NPC's oufits in all the cities, and it's a big disappointment to know we can not wear them. They are in the game's database since the beginning.Has ANet explained why these kind of cultural clothes are not available yet?I hope ANet thinks about it.

@mindcircus.1506 said:There's some really nice pieces of Norn civilian clothing in Hoelbrak I would love too.That said, I am sure re-purposing this stuff is actually pretty hard and it would probably be easier for them to make new clothes.And given how the over-the-top stuff sells like hotcakes, I'm not sure we will be seeing any tame options added any time soon.

Absolutely. I know we've asked over the years for some of the norn npc outfits to become available, especially since it's so difficult to find norn-appropriate armour otherwise. But I guess it's like you said; development would have plenty of data on what sells and there just may not be enough demand.

broken promises since launch, i even have a magazine where they literally said that every outfit or armor can be worn by players but they never did.now 7 years later they didn't even try to fix that problem, all they do now is sell ugly fluf only the easiest satisfactioned person would like.