Kalla's legend inspires you, increasing your critical strike damage and condition damage; stacks intensity.
This effect passively grants 30 Ferocity, and 2% Condition Damage per stack.
When you critically strike, or attack your enemies from behind or their flanks, you'll inspire yourself with Kalla's Fervor.
Which means you basically gain 5 stacks for looking at screen.
So, without any admission I'd like to say that for me, Kalla's Fervor is the most boring design in the entirety of Revenant's kit. It seems like the Renegade's Traits and F-Skills are all built on this "mechanic" (if it can be even called mechanic). It is an illusion of active and interactive gameplay. In reality, you get max 5 stacks the second you ente the combat, so there's the first question - Why even make it stackable if you are always running at max? Wht's the point?
Have you ever seen Renegades running with less than 5 stacks?
Why is it the most boring part of Revenant's Kit?
- it provides nothing but a flat passive damage buff to the class. It's a powercreep.
- You don't think about the stacks, you always have max number
- F-Skills are always going to be buffed if used in-combat
- Spirits and F Skills feel like completely different universes, they don't share mechanics, Kalla's Fervor has 0 connection to Spirits.
- Lasting Legacy - This one's my favorite. It's a powercreep, to buff that powercreeps the E-Spec!
- Kalla's Fervor traits clutter the Renegade Traitline. - it's granted in addition to other effects, but that's not the point.
- Wrought-Iron Will grants Kalla's Fervor on evade - for what?
- Blood Fury - Fury grants you Kalla's Fervor - ?? Cool! More ways to get this incredibly hard-to-obtain buff
- Ashen Demeanor also gives you Kalla's Fervor, why? Because you gotta get those 5 fat stacks of raw damage.
Can anyone explain to me why do we have something like this?
Now, my sweet suggestion:
Kalla's Fervor is a trash design, honestly. I think it should be closer to Warrior's Adrenaline Mechanic.
- Kalla's Fervor actually empowers your F-Skills by a huge amount
- Once F-Skills are used, you lose Kalla's Fervor and you have to work for it again.
- Make Kalla's Fervor harder to get, but be more powerful.
- Let it affect Spirits, for additional effects.
I know this won't fix any of Renegade's problem, but just from the design perspective, this buff is pure boredom garb.