Will there ever be infusions auras in the gem store?

Synx.3750

The gem store has all the other items including outfits, gliders, backpacks, weapons and even chairs which not many people seem to have or want. The only thing missing at this point are cosmetic auras which China got way back when. Now I know there are people who dislike auras but I'm sure many more like them, as the most played meta events included SW, AB, TD even the Pinata and Death Shatterer is popular.

With that said, adding auras in the gem store would also help Anet make quiet a bit of profit which should appease ncsoft.

@Misterred.1873 said:real life money --> gems--> gold --> infusion ez

Preserved Queen Bee = 6,599g = 27,512(999g = 4,165gems) = 27,512gems = £292 give or take for one infusion!!!! Not for pixels, that kind of money can be better spent elsewhere. Just as a comparison my car doesn't even cost that much per month.

@Trise.2865 said:Possible, but unlikely. They can make much more adding effects to Outfits or Armor Skins.

I don't know how well Armors and Outfits sell but say you just got an outfit you really like, wouldn't you be more unlikely to buy another one as you can't have both on at the same time(Armor you can)? Yes you can swap, but you can have more than one aura on at the same time and they take a lot less effort/time to create.

@Synx.3750 said:The gem store has all the other items including outfits, gliders, backpacks, weapons and even chairs which not many people seem to have or want. The only thing missing at this point are cosmetic auras which China got way back when. Now I know there are people who dislike auras but I'm sure many more like them, as the most played meta events included SW, AB, TD even the Pinata and Death Shatterer is popular.

With that said, adding auras in the gem store would also help Anet make quiet a bit of profit which should appease ncsoft.

Id rather them never do this, hell stop adding infusions. Most are ugly visual noise that is just compounded by legendary gear.

@"Blocki.4931" said:It's a really bad idea replacing the last "rare item type" that hasn't been done better for real money now. It would utterly invalidate having drops that have abysmal drop rates with effects that just get outclassed by something anybody can buy.

And that is what's holding Anet back, thinking if they release something better it will invalidate the old stuff. As for being out classed, if you mean cosmetically then that will depend on the person everyone's preference is different. Or you may mean status wise which is also untrue, as something that has abysmal drop rates will not be outclassed by something you can buy.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@Synx.3750 said:The gem store has all the other items including outfits, gliders, backpacks, weapons and even chairs which not many people seem to have or want. The only thing missing at this point are cosmetic auras which China got way back when. Now I know there are people who dislike auras but I'm sure many more like them, as the most played meta events included SW, AB, TD even the Pinata and Death Shatterer is popular.

Id rather them never do this, hell stop adding infusions. Most are ugly visual noise that is just compounded by legendary gear.

Everyone's taste is different, I for one really like cosmetics for my character, but I wouldn't stack infusions like crazy as that ruins the look of the character IMO. Also, they won't stop adding infusions as this is what seems to be popular, just look at the Meta events I've mentioned.

Infusions have stats and would be ineligible for the gemstore. I cannot recall an exception to this rule.

Anet like to keep things for the gemstore like mount skins, glider skins and outfits. They have conversely, disregarded a large amount of feedback calling for in game rewards for these.

The only time these rules seem to blur is with loot boxes where pretty much anything goes. Otherwise I’m pretty certain you won’t see infusions direct to purchase

I dont overly care one way or the other, but to be honest I support the idea of keeping them ultra rare. GW2 is overly flashy and garish and infusions largely encourage this. I dont really see a compelling argument for greater accessibility

@Synx.3750 said:

@"Misterred.1873" said:real life money --> gems--> gold --> infusion ez

Preserved Queen Bee = 6,599g = 27,512(999g = 4,165gems) = 27,512gems = £292 give or take for one infusion!!!! Not for pixels, that kind of money can be better spent elsewhere. Just as a comparison my car doesn't even cost that much per month.

Yes and thats why infusion have some kind of "prestige" around them and is also the reason people want them. to show off. put those too in gemstore and there rly is nothing anymore to show off

I have mentioned this before. I don't mind if it can be added to enhance existing armor, like a enrichment as someone said. This way, they can put armor rewards in game and still make money in gemstore.

For example.Storm gloves. I'd buy it for the lightning effects if it did not replace my current gloves with bare hands. as my gloves match my Characters armor.I.E.,

Certain armors can also be enhanced or have different effects (visual and not gamebreaking) based on the enhancement.

For instance you hear many discussions revolving around Legendary effects and how it changes certain attack animations. It's one of the attracting features of Legendary weapons.

These enrichment/enhancements from gemstore could do something like that. Add some extra effects. May also combo that with another item that players can get in game and it'd be different.

Not sure how easy that'd be to implement though from a coding standpoint. The bottom line is always time/money and the complexity to implement.

@Synx.3750 said:

Everyone's taste is different, I for one really like cosmetics for my character, but I wouldn't stack infusions like crazy as that ruins the look of the character IMO. Also, they won't stop adding infusions as this is what seems to be popular, just look at the Meta events I've mentioned.

I mean different strokes for different folks, as a norn player cosmetics never really mattered. I never use infusions and frankly I want a meter or dial for me to be able to turn the stuff off because its just ugly to look at. More annoying than anything and while I agree people should be able to wear them if they want, I shouldn't have to subject myself to it in my spare time in a video game if I don't desire too. Offering us a way to turn down the visual noise would be nice, it might help with performance too (Doubtful but eh.)

@Synx.3750 said:

@Misterred.1873 said:real life money --> gems--> gold --> infusion ez

some whales going to buy it. and thats would be a big win for anet.

I think they should sell some standard auras in the gem store BUT the following changes need to be made first in my opinion:

1) Add the ability to account bind infusions/auras.

2) Add an Aura tab under Equipment in the Hero Panel that allows you to set what Aura/Effect that you want to be turned on. There would need to be a max number that you can turn on. 5 seems like a good starting point for me.

3) Stop the multi stacking of the same auras. This could potentially lower the price on the TP because people would only need one for their account. There really is no need to over do it. I am guilty myself of over doing it.

With the listed system is the +5 stat would not carry over because this would be strictly for cosmetic purposes. So the infusions would basically stay the same needing to be embedded into the armor and would not rely on the aura being tied to it.

On a side note I would like to see the effects of Nightfury and Winter's Presence added to the list of auras when unlocked/crafted.