⚔️ I Would Love A "sWVW" Option and Here's Why...

Whiteout.1975

I just wanna firstly state that I realize what I'm asking is unlikely. However, I've been surprised before every now and then. Also, why I would like an "sWvW" because of WvW being how it is. Honestly, I'm tired of seeing WvW seemingly fooled around with over the years. Some changes are great "because who wouldn't like that?"... Like reward tracks. Others not so much, but hey, it happens...

Thus, I'm asking for a "sWvW" option. There wouldn't be a unrealistic 24/7 match. You can Que up with your guild and/or group. Everyone could just pick up the armor they need and go have fun. No farming for a mount... Because no mount should be necessary. Can have new maps. Smaller maps maybe to help battle Lag... Including a Smaller Player amount. No having to worry about "population imbalance"; unless due to losing connection or other obvious reason's. Winning can now matter and be worth trying to achieve "Winner status". I mean I don't want to be too specific, but I'm just highlighting A LOT of good that can come from this. You can just play this damn game and have more straightforward fun. Less fooling around with back end ? before even attempting to have "fun".

And... if you still want to play more like a Casual. You would still have good ol regular WvW sitting there. No problem. Just like if you don't want to WvW you got something like PvE; if that tickles your fancy. This just further allow's certain player's (or player's to be) to better play the way they want with less hassle.

I don't wanna drag this, but it shouldn't be to hard to pick up on the general scope of what I'm looking for. This version of WvW should simply act like a structured War zone environment. Just like Structured PvP in respect to it. And would be it's own entity separate from regular WvW.

Thought's?

@"Whiteout.1975" said:I just wanna firstly state that I realize what I'm asking is unlikely. However, I've been surprised before every now and then. Also, why I would like an "sWvW" because of WvW being how it is. Honestly, I'm tired of seeing WvW seemingly fooled around with over the years. Some changes are great "because who wouldn't like that?"... Like reward tracks. Others not so much, but hey, it happens...

Thus, I'm asking for a "sWvW" option. There wouldn't be a unrealistic 24/7 match. You can Que up with your guild and/or group. Everyone could just pick up the armor they need and go have fun. No farming for a mount... Because no mount should be necessary. Can have new maps. Smaller maps maybe to help battle Lag... Including a Smaller Player amount. No having to worry about "population imbalance"; unless due to losing connection or other obvious reason's. Winning can now matter and be worth trying to achieve "Winner status". I mean I don't want to be too specific, but I'm just highlighting A LOT of good that can come from this. You can just play this kitten game and have more straightforward fun. Less fooling around with back end ? before even attempting to have "fun".

And... if you still want to play more like a Casual. You would still have good ol regular WvW sitting there. No problem. Just like if you don't want to WvW you got something like PvE; if that tickles your fancy. This just further allow's certain player's (or player's to be) to better play the way they want with less hassle.

I don't wanna drag this, but it shouldn't be to hard to pick up on the general scope of what I'm looking for. This version of WvW should simply act like a structured War zone environment. Just like Structured PvP in respect to it. And would be it's own entity separate from regular WvW.

Thought's?

Thought... No. We can't event fill up wvw and spvp, yet you are asking the devs to devote time and resources for a whole new mode that would spread players even more... How much sense does that make? It doesn't.

I do like the idea, of having A-Net focus more on GvG, since WvW really is a unique game aspect that looks amazing for new players to try out.

But my main issue with this idea, is also the player numbers would be spread out, if people did act up on it and the heavy lagg seems to only be there on fridays.

And if I have to be even more honest, isn't this just EOTM with a winner status , or am I missing something? I believe that it would just turn into some empty maps, where they might start up with being dedicated to the weekly score. But end up something like EOTM

There are a lot of gamemode ideas that would work in an ideal wvw setting where populations and demand for content is high. New maps, objectives, sGvG arenas etc could all add a lot of depth to the game. However gw2 is far from being a popular competitive game, and with population so low taking people out of normal wvw would just kill the gamemode faster. The only thing we will possibly ever see are alliances and they wont really change anything.

@zengara.8301 said:I do like the idea, of having A-Net focus more on GvG, since WvW really is a unique game aspect that looks amazing for new players to try out.

But my main issue with this idea, is also the player numbers would be spread out, if people did act up on it and the heavy lagg seems to only be there on fridays.

And if I have to be even more honest, isn't this just EOTM with a winner status , or am I missing something? I believe that it would just turn into some empty maps, where they might start up with being dedicated to the weekly score. But end up something like EOTM

@zengara.8301 said:I do like the idea, of having A-Net focus more on GvG, since WvW really is a unique game aspect that looks amazing for new players to try out.

Thanks :+1:So I think it would be fine being that the Player's are still at least playing GW2. We can't really blame people for playing the things they like. Like I wouldn't blame PvE player's for not playing WvW... I just realize that's what they like to do. Also, IMO by incorporating a new mode (like this) you could easily attract the interest of Players whom don't already play GW2... or sWvW at least.

I mean I did say "new maps". So we would have to see the new maps to compare. EOTM IMO is just a higher degree of casualness compared to WvW. A structured environment would be much more respectable. It could be something maybe like a 2-4hr match and be kinda built around that.

@Whiteout.1975 said:

Thanks :+1:So I think it would be fine being that the Player's are still at least playing GW2. We can't really blame people for playing the things they like. Like I wouldn't blame PvE player's for not playing WvW... I just realize that's what they like to do. Also, IMO by incorporating a new mode (like this) you could easily attract the interest of Players whom don't already play GW2... or sWvW at least.

I mean I did say "new maps". So we would have to see the new maps to compare. EOTM IMO is just a higher degree of casualness compared to WvW. A structured environment would be much more respectable. It could be something maybe like a 2-4hr match and be kinda built around that.

WvW hardly gets any updates of substance. This mode needs a ton of love. We’ve had 2 maps, technically 1 connected to wvw in 7 years. Players are constantly complaining about population issues. Xpacs that bring an update to professions takes years... Alliances will take like 2 years to be ready... I could go on and on... So you tell me why it would be healthy for wvw for the devs to spend the next few years tossing money and time developing a structured gw2 battleground instead of improving wvw?

@Swagger.1459 said:

WvW hardly gets any updates of substance. This mode needs a ton of love. We’ve had 2 maps, technically 1 connected to wvw in 7 years. Players are constantly complaining about population issues. Xpacs that bring an update to professions takes years... Alliances will take like 2 years to be ready... I could go on and on... So you tell me why it would be healthy for wvw for the devs to spend the next few years tossing money and time developing a structured gw2 battleground instead of improving wvw?

I agree with where you're coming from :+1: I get it.

I guess because I'm not convinced that WvW is anymore of a faster fix for it's problems then the time it could take for an sWvW. And also, with an sWvW being how it further functions you could easily end up attracting more players than you had before. So... Yea I suppose that would be why IMO.

@Whiteout.1975 said:

I guess because I'm not convinced that WvW is anymore of a faster fix for it's problems then the time it could take for an sWvW. And also, with an sWvW being how it further functions you could easily end up attracting more players than you had before. So... Yea I suppose that would be why IMO.

That’s doesn’t seem like a convincing argument. Essentially you want to secure the demise of wvw (an established mode) in exchange for a battleground...

@Swagger.1459 said:

That’s doesn’t seem like a convincing argument. Essentially you want to secure the demise of wvw (an established mode) in exchange for a battleground...

Well to be fair even when alliance's were announced. Even through what update's we did get. Alliance's still remained unconvincing for plenty of people. So I just take things with a grain of salt if someone doesn't find them convincing ? I'm not sure what else to offer right now. Other than maybe showing how there is a very high volume of people whom look for a more respectable competitive environment. And the greatness that could bring.

@Whiteout.1975 said:

@"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:"Pick up the armor you need"...is this a secret "make WvW like PvP where you pick an ammy and runes and away you go?" request?

Nah. At least it doesn't have to be. It's just more like get to the point and just have fun from there attitude.

What would be your meaning of "pick up the armor you need"? as I seem to have mis-interpreted lol

@Whiteout.1975 said:

Well to be fair even when alliance's were announced. Even through what update's we did get. Alliance's still remained unconvincing for plenty of people. So I just take things with a grain of salt if someone doesn't find them convincing ? I'm not sure what else to offer right now. Other than maybe showing how there is a very high volume of people whom look for a more respectable competitive environment. And the greatness that could bring.

Do you know what wvw was inspired by?

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:"Pick up the armor you need"...is this a secret "make WvW like PvP where you pick an ammy and runes and away you go?" request?

Nah. At least it doesn't have to be. It's just more like get to the point and just have fun from there attitude.

What would be your meaning of "pick up the armor you need"? as I seem to have mis-interpreted lol

haha all good :+1:

It's really just the ability to just play the way you like faster. I'm really only referring to the stat's. Whatever build/role you want to play you could just do so. No having to re-grind after a spec so much. Just pick it and go sort of thing. It would be a bit different if this was a game like day Z or https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Southsun_Survival I guess... Something like that. Where you are having to find your gear overall. However, there is so much balancing and way's to play in general in WvW. That it would be nice to just spend more time having fun playing what you like. Finding what you like the most. That's pretty much the goal I had in mind there.

@Swagger.1459 said:

Do you know what wvw was inspired by?

Haha I think you told me Dark Age of Camelot or something a while ago lol?

I had a similar idea last week about this. Would solve the alliance fiasco by just making it a queue battlegrounds first to X points type of situation where people can queue in as spots open overtime. Usually ending on the top of the hour to allow for new matches every so often.

Prob would also be a good idea to just make it a WvW instead of Wv3.

Could also clean up the battlegrounds and add more PvE space for things like AI armies and titan/dragon summons that a team could strategically use to fight in the battle ?.

*Owning a tengu fortress could give airstrike availability.

*Owning the frog people could give poison tech and water advantages.

*Etc.

@grouchybhaal.4275 said:Bring back individual servers?Bring back seasons?Or bring on alliances?About a new jungle map to even things up?

mmm. remove tiers.yes to seasons.yes to alliance.remove stat bonuses to bloodlust keeps.

wvw only food.wvw legendary rings trinkets weapons runes and sigils.

weeeee

what to do with bloodlust = more magic find l boosts aka outnumbered buff

keep bonuses, make walls gates.harder more hp. increase hp of lord and guards. increase hp of siege.

increase overall ppt rewards reflecting the nearer it is to reset.

@grouchybhaal.4275 said:@Sovereign.1093 yes to everything but removing tiers... After being on eso for x amount of years... No tiers there was STALE AS ........ It was horrible. They need a tier based system. Either revert it back to the old days or a little more refinement on the new system

not remove but reduce. =p add or subtract based on population and historical data.