Infinite Horizons

Khalisto.5780

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:Shatters need more damage if they nerf Infinite Horizons.

everything needs more damage if IH gets nerfed.PS didnt take long for gold players to complain again :disappointed_relieved:

Not really lol... Most classes have ONE main damaging ability per weapon that ends up doing the majority of its damage.

ie) Ranger greatsword has maul. Guardian greatsword has whirling wrath.

In comparison, on Scepter/Pistol, every ability except for the auto attack does a lot of damage/ccs which means every time the mesmer swaps to that weapon set, the enemy has to spend roughly 4 defensive cooldowns to avoid them all. Furthermore, the interaction between Illusionary Duelist, Duelist's Discipline, and Sharper Images can cause pistol 4 to apply nearly TWENTY stacks of bleeding with a single button press.

When this stuff gets nerfed, shatters can have their damage back, and IH can get toned down as well.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

everything needs more damage if IH gets nerfed.PS didnt take long for gold players to complain again :disappointed_relieved:

Not really lol... Most classes have ONE main damaging ability per weapon that ends up doing the majority of its damage.

In comparison, on Scepter/Pistol,
every
ability except for the auto attack does a lot of damage/ccs which means
every
time the mesmer swaps to that weapon set, the enemy has to spend roughly 4 defensive cooldowns to avoid them all. Furthermore, the interaction between Illusionary Duelist, Duelist's Discipline, and Sharper Images can cause pistol 4 to apply nearly TWENTY stacks of bleeding with a single button press.

When this stuff gets nerfed, shatters can have their damage back, and IH can get toned down as well.

unfortunately we dont live in a perfect world where everything crits and things dont dodge. If warrior lands full GS 2 he deals 25k+ dmg whoosh so broken.

scept 1 deals no damage.scept 2 deals alright damage but its a counter strike thats actually really easy to dodgescept 3 is a jokepistol 4 deals good damage but its buggy and you can just walk away out of rangepistol 5 deals no damagesword 1 deals no damagesword 2 deals no damage on condi and tiny dmg on powersword 3 deals no damagesword 4 deals no damagesword 5 deals good damage only if you stand still, otherwise its punytorch 4 deals good damage, very good while tratedtorch 5 the samestaff 1 deals shit damagestaff 2 deals no damagestaff 3 deals shit dmg up to alright depending on critstaff 4 deals no damagestaff 5 is rng but usually wont deal more then 1500 oftentimes lessaxe 1 deals weak dmg but better then most 1 mesmer hasaxe 2 alright damageaxe 3 has weak damage but its a dodge same as sword so it gets a pass

gs 1 has alright damage, still kinda badgs 2 has alright dmggs 3 has weak dmggs 4 has very good dmggs 5 has no damagef1 has good damagef2 has shit damage ( with traits can be made to deal good damage with dueling + illusion )f3 has no damagef4 has no damage

Have I missed something? oh and those 20 stacks of bleed then you get if enemy stands still for 4s, doesnt cleans and you get 8 crits in a row will deal about what, 8k dmg?seen warriors deal 4k+ with their GS 1

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

I'm not reading all of that. I know what every skill does lol.

It's very easy to kill people with or without CI.

we were speaking about IH, not CI. im compleatly fine without CIPS gw doesnt let me open links for some reason ;p

https://clips.twitch.tv/TsundereAbstruseDumplings4Head

Sure. Number-wise on Scepter/Pistol with Deadshot Amulet, Nightmare Runes, Signet of Midnight, and zero might stacks:

1. Illusionary Counter does 5,000-10,000 dmg every 6 seconds
  2. Confusing Images does 1,200 damage per skill use every 9 seconds
  3. Phantasmal Duelist does 14,000 damage assuming it applies 10 stacks of bleeding through Duelist's Discipline and 10 stacks through Sharper Images every 20 seconds (or less depending on interrupts)
  4. Magic Bullet does 500 damage per skill use as well as 1.3k+ bleeding damage + a 2.5 second stun on the first target hit every 25 seconds (or less depending on interrupts)

In other words, if your enemy can't avoid/cleanse every single one of these attacks, they will take either half their health in damage, die, or get locked down a.k.a. blow a stunbreak + dodge otherwise they'd be forced to eat more damage. That's not counting the multiple ways a Mirage can use their ambush skills nor the skills from their other weapon swap.

Furthermore, not attacking Illusionary Counter (because you are forced to use a defensive to avoid the torment proc) effectively makes the mesmer immune to blockable damage for 2 seconds every 6 seconds not counting the evade on trigger.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

I'm not reading all of that. I know what every skill does lol.

It's very easy to kill people with or without CI.

we were speaking about IH, not CI. im compleatly fine without CIPS gw doesnt let me open links for some reason ;p

Sure. Number-wise on Scepter/Pistol with Deadshot Amulet, Nightmare Runes, Signet of Midnight, and zero might stacks:
  1. Illusionary Counter does 5,000-10,000 dmg every 6 seconds
  2. Confusing Images does 1,200 damage per skill use every 9 seconds
  3. Phantasmal Duelist does 45,000 damage assuming it applies 10 stacks of bleeding through Duelist's Discipline and 10 stacks through Sharper Images every 20 seconds (or less depending on interrupts)
  4. Magic Bullet does 500 damage per skill use as well as 1.3k+ bleeding damage + a 2.5 second stun on the first target hit every 25 seconds (or less depending on interrupts)

In other words, if your enemy can't avoid/cleanse
every
single one of these attacks, they will take either half their health in damage, die, or get locked down a.k.a. blow a stunbreak + dodge otherwise they'd be forced to eat more damage. That's not counting the multiple ways a Mirage can use their ambush skills nor the skills from their other weapon swap.

Furthermore, not attacking Illusionary Counter (because you are forced to use a defensive to avoid the torment proc) effectively makes the mesmer immune to blockable damage for 2 seconds every 6 seconds not counting the evade on trigger.

can you tell me at what moment of the video should i focus? i dont see anything out of the ordinary then again i just woke up.

so i just hopped into pvp lobby and I will clear some things.1 counter deals 4800-96002 confusing images deals 960 + with crit its around 2k+ propably, confusions suck so mb 350-1500 dmg from that.3 holly cow you i have no clue how you got that 45k dmg from. according to my calculations you apply 11 stack of bleed from duelists discipline and 8 from sharper images ( assuming all hits land and 8 illu hits crit ) for a total of 19 stacks of bleed. counting in damage the skill itself does it deals at most 14k damage.4 magic bullet deals 70-80 damage and applies 480 damage bleed, + 150 confusion damag for grand total of 700 damage.

1 attack then dodge, poof its gone2 ignore it since it deals 3k dmg anyways, thats free 3s of doing whatever you want preety much3 you gotta dodge this one, i admit. but thankfully the clone is retarded and makes sure to start shooting at max range so you just have to move away.4 its a REALLY good ability, but for its aoe disrupt, not for the damage.

if you really wanted to make a condi point you should have mention torch 4+5 with illusion traitline if anything, that deals immense damage

torch 5 can in theory do 9-11k damagewhile 4 can deal around 5-6k while granting stealth.

other then those abilities yu prod people with stick to piss them off so they fail to dodge one of those abilities.

on the build I actually play my pistol 4 can do at most 11,8k damage, while it averages 8k damage. nothing out of the ordinary.

@Leonidrex.5649

At the very start of the clip I was winning a 1v3 against a mesmer, ranger, and warrior before my team rotated in to clean up. Towards the end, I interrupted their ranger three times in a row which led to his death in about 5 seconds. It's just a small example but I consistently farm players and hold/win outnumbered fights on both CI mirage and the traditional dueling/illusions mirage just because of how easy they are to play.

Regarding Phantasmal Duelist, yeah whoops I think I added an extra zero somewhere in my calculator. Will fix that.

@shadowpass.4236 said:@Leonidrex.5649

At the very start of the clip I was winning a 1v3 against a mesmer, ranger, and warrior before my team rotated in to clean up. Towards the end, I interrupted their ranger three times in a row which led to his death in about 5 seconds. It's just a small example but I consistently farm players and hold/win outnumbered fights on both CI mirage and the traditional dueling/illusions mirage just because of how easy they are to play.

Regarding Phantasmal Duelist, yeah whoops I think I added an extra zero somewhere in my calculator. Will fix that.

ah so you were the mirage creed, I assumed you would be the ranger, sorry to say but this clip shows nothing, other then warrior running behind you doing nothing while you run with 1% hp.

but if what you say its true they propably got hasty and overconfident, same can happen to alot of classes, chase reaper too hard and he turns around and spirals you for entire health bar, warrior arc slice with bullcharge to 1shot. I win plent of 1v2, but usually enemies must do something incredibely stupid like running into 2 chaos storms or something of the sort.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

every
every
time the mesmer swaps to that weapon set, the enemy has to spend roughly 4 defensive cooldowns to avoid them all. Furthermore, the interaction between Illusionary Duelist, Duelist's Discipline, and Sharper Images can cause pistol 4 to apply nearly TWENTY stacks of bleeding with a single button press.

unfortunately we dont live in a perfect world where everything crits and things dont dodge. If warrior lands full GS 2 he deals 25k+ dmg whoosh so broken.

scept 1 deals no damage.scept 2 deals alright damage but its a counter strike thats actually really easy to dodgescept 3 is a jokepistol 4 deals good damage but its buggy and you can just walk away out of rangepistol 5 deals no damagesword 1 deals no damagesword 2 deals no damage on condi and tiny dmg on powersword 3 deals no damagesword 4 deals no damagesword 5 deals good damage only if you stand still, otherwise its punytorch 4 deals good damage, very good while tratedtorch 5 the samestaff 1 deals kitten damagestaff 2 deals no damagestaff 3 deals kitten dmg up to alright depending on critstaff 4 deals no damagestaff 5 is rng but usually wont deal more then 1500 oftentimes lessaxe 1 deals weak dmg but better then most 1 mesmer hasaxe 2 alright damageaxe 3 has weak damage but its a dodge same as sword so it gets a pass

Since when does scepter/ staff/ axe autoattack deal no dmg? They stack condis and their clones stack condis as well with only normal autoattack already. They do barely any power dmg that is true. No clones rly do any power dmg but they stack condis like crazy without even dodging for ambushes. On mirage the core imbalance between npc clone dmg on power and condi gets even bigger because condi clone ambush skills do also more dmg than for power weapons which are more utility based (dmg from gs clones ambushes is low compared to condiambushes and a domination mesmer stacks vuln on max without IH clones already very easy. A gs/ sword Powermesmer going afk los and only dodge for clone ambush dmg will not kill anything. On gs the Mesmers own ambush is the most powerful not the clone ambsuhes. Sword ambsuhes on clones are more of an utility tool for interrupts than rly doing any remarkable dmg. The leap is very well animated and slow and can be avoided by movement alone very often. IH is no problem on Powermesmer and it is not the reason Condimesmer is so strong and will still be strong without CI. The problem is linked to the imbalance between clone power and condi dmg. You will see Condimesmer will just switch back to axe and Illsuionary Ambsuh and Signet of Midnight and i can see the complains in this forum already about the mean Condimesmers you cannot target and attack during their clones kill you xD

Sadly Anet nerfed the active ways of condi application through shatters instead the passive application from npcs. The future rework needs to give Condimes active ways of condiapplication back (shatters) and nerf the hell out of clone normal autoattacks and clone ambsuh attacks and not kill IH and with that nerf Powermes and the active gameplay part of IH in Powerbuilds for no reason. Ofc it is easier to only nerf one trait and kill some of the high skill ceiling that the active gameplay part of IH brings on utility wepons and counterplay you give Mesmer vs Warriors and Thieves using Mesmers clones for their advantage instead nerfing 3 clone autoattacks and ambsuh attacks for condi. But again that would just dumb down Powermirage by only lower the passive condispam a little bit but not fix the real problem (what is the overperforming clone autoattacks and ambushes of condiweapons staff, scepter and axe). Often Anet prefer easy fix and dumb down classes instead nerfing the real issues. So get rdy for Mirage just getting reworked into being unplayable like Chrono without the real problems even get fixed, but who cares when no one is playing Mirage anymore.

@bravan.3876 said:

every
every

scept 1 deals no damage.scept 2 deals alright damage but its a counter strike thats actually really easy to dodgescept 3 is a jokepistol 4 deals good damage but its buggy and you can just walk away out of rangepistol 5 deals no damagesword 1 deals no damagesword 2 deals no damage on condi and tiny dmg on powersword 3 deals no damagesword 4 deals no damagesword 5 deals good damage only if you stand still, otherwise its punytorch 4 deals good damage, very good while tratedtorch 5 the samestaff 1 deals kitten damagestaff 2 deals no damagestaff 3 deals kitten dmg up to alright depending on critstaff 4 deals no damagestaff 5 is rng but usually wont deal more then 1500 oftentimes lessaxe 1 deals weak dmg but better then most 1 mesmer hasaxe 2 alright damageaxe 3 has weak damage but its a dodge same as sword so it gets a pass

Since when does scepter/ staff/ axe autoattack deal no dmg? They stack condis and their clones stack condis as well with only normal autoattack already. They do barely any power dmg that is true. No clones rly do any power dmg but they stack condis like crazy without even dodging for ambushes. On mirage the core imbalance between npc clone dmg on power and condi gets even bigger because condi clone ambush skills do also more dmg than for power weapons which are more utility based (dmg from gs clones ambushes is low compared to condiambushes and a domination mesmer stacks vuln on max without IH clones already very easy. A gs/ sword Powermesmer going afk los and only dodge for clone ambush dmg will not kill anything. On gs the Mesmers own ambush is the most powerful not the clone ambsuhes. Sword ambsuhes on clones are more of an utility tool for interrupts than rly doing any remarkable dmg. The leap is very well animated and slow and can be avoided by movement alone very often. IH is no problem on Powermesmer and it is not the reason Condimesmer is so strong and will still be strong without CI. The problem is linked to the imbalance between clone power and condi dmg. You will see Condimesmer will just switch back to axe and Illsuionary Ambsuh and Signet of Midnight and i can see the complains in this forum already about the mean Condimesmers you cannot target and attack during their clones kill you xD

Sadly Anet nerfed the active ways of condi application through shatters instead the passive application from npcs. The future rework needs to give Condimes active ways of condiapplication back (shatters) and nerf the hell out of clone normal autoattacks and clone ambsuh attacks and not kill IH and with that nerf Powermes and the active gameplay part of IH in Powerbuilds for no reason. Ofc it is easier to only nerf one trait and kill some of the high skill ceiling that the active gameplay part of IH brings on utility wepons and counterplay you give Mesmer vs Warriors and Thieves using Mesmers clones for their advantage instead nerfing 3 clone autoattacks and ambsuh attacks for condi. But again that would just dumb down Powermirage by only lower the passive condispam a little bit but not fix the real problem (what is the overperforming clone autoattacks and ambushes of condiweapons staff, scepter and axe). Often Anet prefer easy fix and dumb down classes instead nerfing the real issues. So get rdy for Mirage just getting reworked into being unplayable like Chrono without the real problems even get fixed, but who cares when no one is playing Mirage anymore.

axe 1 deals 400 dmg and applies 200 dmg bleed, i dont consider that damage.entire axe chain deals slightly more damage then most other dps classes with 1 hit, while giving away you are not the clone, being melee range and getting hit by retaliation 4 times. honestly if enemy has retal you hurt yourself more then the enemy by attacking them with axe, same goes to alot of skills like scept ambush or sword 2.melee clones dont apply condis, they die before they can hit, and even if they run up to you they swing while standing still, so if you move they dont hit you anyways.removing IH would just kill mirage for me, entire idea of fooling others with illusions goes of of the window when everything you do gives you away, adding "ambushes" that give you away too is just too much. make it base to mirage, nerf damage by -80%/90% and add other things to mesmer to compensate, nerf illusion damage, add dmg to mesmer again.sword ambush clones deal no damage, hit for 1-5 i consider that a bug, since it states they ue ambush skill that is supposed to deal ~700 dmg ( power mirage )I am not saying they should, I am saying that the way the trait and power is worded indicates that it should.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

every
every

axe 1 deals 400 dmg and applies 200 dmg bleed, i dont consider that damage.entire axe chain deals slightly more damage then most other dps classes with 1 hit, while giving away you are not the clone, being melee range and getting hit by retaliation 4 times. honestly if enemy has retal you hurt yourself more then the enemy by attacking them with axe, same goes to alot of skills like scept ambush or sword 2.melee clones dont apply condis, they die before they can hit, and even if they run up to you they swing while standing still, so if you move they dont hit you anyways.removing IH would just kill mirage for me, entire idea of fooling others with illusions goes of of the window when everything you do gives you away, adding "ambushes" that give you away too is just too much. make it base to mirage, nerf damage by -80%/90% and add other things to mesmer to compensate, nerf illusion damage, add dmg to mesmer again.sword ambush clones deal no damage, hit for 1-5 i consider that a bug, since it states they ue ambush skill that is supposed to deal ~700 dmg ( power mirage )I am not saying they should, I am saying that the way the trait and power is worded indicates that it should.

I talk about clone ambushes, the mesmers own ambushes aren't passive and aren't the problem in the first place. Clones stack almost the same amount of condis and compare 100 bleed dmg to 1-8 power dmg on gs or sword clone. And the problem is not only the dmg on one clone autoattack the problem is how fast clone autoattacks stack the condis. Means the dmg gets higher and higher with each autoattack until the first applied stack runs out. It is just too much compared to power clone dmg and the reason why Condimes never will be balanced in that state during Powermes has no balance issue with IH. Not to mention that condis are in general wrong designed in GW2, that you can burst with condis and can take more sustain during running high condi dmg builds.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

You DO care.

I enjoy playing mesmer. However, as I've tried to tell people, I am a multiclasser. So, whilst I am a ranger main, I play every other class frequently in ranked as well.

To be fair, I've proposed nerfs to skills I find problematic across the board, including ranger. For example, I wanted Sic Em, Unstoppable Union, and bunker boonbeast builds nerfed because the skill level needed to play them was disproportionately low in comparison to the skill needed to fight them. This also goes for:

1. Holo's Photon Forge damage, low cooldowns, auto-attack range, and reveal trait need to be nerfed. The healing is fine imo.
  2. Warrior's Magebane Tether is a bit of an issue. I think the warrior should be able to activate it again to pull their target. Walking 600 range away should break the tether and remove the pull.
  3. Mirage's shouldn't be able to dodge while hard cc'd/immobilized, some other traits/weapon skills need some nerfing, but give them damage back through shatters while reducing the total amount of AI spawned back to 3 and you'll see a much more active, healthier playstyle.
  4. Condi thief is annoying and it shuts down some classes. However, I don't know if it really needs to get nerfed.

In other words, if I feel like I'm fighting against the build more than the player, it's an issue.