Buggiest expac ever!

Reanne.5462

@Reanne.5462 said:A bug fix every couple days for a month - are they just building it as they go?When will the game be out of beta?

in my opinion this is the most over rated expac in the history of expacs. I've seen free to play click bait ads with better coding.

By better coding you mean taking the game offline for 6 hours every weeks?

@Reanne.5462 said:A bug fix every couple days for a month - are they just building it as they go?When will the game be out of beta?

in my opinion this is the most over rated expac in the history of expacs. I've seen free to play click bait ads with better coding.

Honestly I haven't been hit by very many bugs at all. I've seen plenty of games with massive gamebreakers. Destiny 2 has apparently been going completely offline for hours at a time several times since their launch. Yes, they've been patching a bunch of things, but that's a good thing, it shows that they are on top of issues the community is reporting. They shouldn't be "shamed" for doing that.

First off, Anet does not seem to address bugs, glitches and balance issues like almost all other games and mmo's do.Usually this involves collecting a list of bugs, glitches and balance issues over several weeks to months, and then taking down the servers for hours (Then extending the down time because one of the fixes broke something else.) and then repeating the process for the next set of bugs.It seems to me that Anet sees a problem, fixes said problem, rolles out a new build and if something is wrong, addresses the problem. Personally I like the fact that one little bug, in one part of the map does not mean I cannot play in the 95% of the world that is unaffected.

Hmm, Path of Fire has been out two weeks and most of one day. That's not a month. If you are coming to your conclusions based on faulty information, I see little value in them. ANet's hotfix approach to bug patches means little disruption to play. When I played the most expensive MMO, a bug fix involved shutting the game down for anywhere from an hour to all day. Was that good coding?

@Haishao.6851 said:

By better coding you mean taking the game offline for 6 hours every weeks?

Boom.Headshot.

@Reanne.5462 said:There is a difference between a game breaking bug that requires a shutdown, and multiple coding bugs which represent a poorly coded game. I'd prefer they build the game first, then release it. instead of releasing it before they've finished coding it.

Have you ever programmed anything in your life ?

Judging by how quick your are to make these remarks i'm going to guess no. I'm also going hazard a guess that you've never worked on a live platform in your life and have no idea the complications and unforeseen bugs that can emerge only on live and not in the Q&A process.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:I’m going to guess you’ve never played other MMOs where they close down the game for a day once a week or so to fix bugs, etc.

Maximum what I saw was a ~6 hour downtime instead of a 3 hour one because devs found bugs in a bi-weekly update. Got a compensation for the extended downtime when servers came back up. Have not seen day long scheduled downtimes for like 5 years now.

@TheRandomGuy.7246 said:

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:I’m going to guess you’ve never played other MMOs where they close down the game for a day once a week or so to fix bugs, etc.

Maximum what I saw was a ~6 hour downtime instead of a 3 hour one because devs found bugs in a bi-weekly update. Got a compensation for the extended downtime when servers came back up. Have not seen day long scheduled downtimes for like 5 years now.

I was thinking of Archaege, which recently had so much downtime they had to compensate the players. Same game you were thinking of?

@TheRandomGuy.7246 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:I’m going to guess you’ve never played other MMOs where they close down the game for a day once a week or so to fix bugs, etc.

And in those 5 years GW2 had downtime maybe 3 times total.

@Reanne.5462 said:you guys seem to be stuck on 'downtime' as the standard for a buggy game. and I haven't got a medical degree, but I know if a MD is an idiot when he says I should ride a unicycle to fight my MRSA

That’s because the downtime in other games is used to fix bugs since they don’t have the technology to have bug fixes like this game does.

@Reanne.5462 said:you guys seem to be stuck on 'downtime' as the standard for a buggy game. and I haven't got a medical degree, but I know if a MD is an idiot when he says I should ride a unicycle to fight my MRSA

You seem to think all software should be bug free. Here's a hint, it's not nor will it ever be.

Your expectations of no bugs is not realistic and about the degree of bugginess is incorrect. You should play other games to see this or spend some time reading about other games and what happens at their launches. No mmo has zero, or even only a few bugs. Some only pop up at launch with launch and the crowds of people. We are lucky this game can do a rolling bug fix that only requires you to log out, download and log back on. Other games have to close down for hours to fix bugs.

Edit: this is about some bad game launches, original launches and their bugs

@Hashberry.4510 said:

This is the problem with the software industry. They have been selling a poorly functioning product for so long they think complaints are not valid. They excuse it with lame world saving rhetoric. Pffft.

The problem is it is impossible for them to actually test something under the same circumstances in which it will be used and therefore we cannot possibly expect a software product to be 100% bug free on launch.

The op is insane. I can't list another game that has no downtime, and is this proactive with fixes.

You can't be mad about game breaking bugs, then also be mad about them being fixed...

In fact please state all bugs you've run into. That's how they are fixed. Otherwise go back to your delusions.

@MoarChaos.8320 said:The op is insane. I can't list another game that has no downtime, and is this proactive with fixes.

You can't be mad about game breaking bugs, then also be mad about them being fixed...

In fact please state all bugs you've run into. That's how they are fixed. Otherwise go back to your delusions.

I mean..are you counting the long standing bugs that have been in since launch? Or?

Archived