How long will it take for a WvW main to earn enough gold for a set of Legendary Runes and Sigils?

EremiteAngel.9765

If this guy's calculations here are right, then it seems like it will take ~500g per Rune and ~550g per Sigil.How much do we earn on average in an hour of WvW and how long will it take if we just played WvW primarily for our source of gold/mats?I will continue enjoying WvW as I save up to get the set but was just wondering how long it is going to take me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/ck6ip8/breakdown_of_legendary_rune_and_sigil_crafting/

There are too many variables for someone to answer for you. You will probably need to do your own gold/hour calculation. GW2 Efficiency has a decent tool to help with this.

It depends on what reward track you do, how you actually use your time in wvw (zerging, taking camps, idling for 10 minutes at time, ect), do you have boosters, how many pips per tick do you get, how successful is your server, and maybe more things I am not thinking of at the moment.

Overall though, wvw is a pretty bad source of gold so I would say that it would take an extremely long time (possibly a year or more of serious WvW grinding).

@Voltekka.2375 said:Why would you get sigils and runes, when you can make leggy armor?To answer your question, though, wvw is a bad choice to make gold. Pve is much better for this.

I've been wondering this. Legendary armour from WvW is roughly 300-350 gold per piece if I remember right, and it lets you swap out the runes, so crafting armor and buying all the runes you might want to play will likely work out significantly cheaper than making the legendary runes while also giving you the option of changing your armor stats, which saves more in ascended gear. The sigils I can understand if you don't have legendary weapons, but most long term players will likely have at least their favourite weapon as a legendary by now.

And yeah, when I made my armor I funded it by buying gems. Working my actual day job and converting gems to gold will get far more gold per hour than any gold farm, it supports ANet, and I have to go to work anyways, so it's a win-win on a few levels.

Based on my experience about 5 days of ~3 hours of WvW roughly equates to 100-150 gold if you salvage everything and sell the mats. This is not counting the ~30 silver gained on increasing your wxp level.

If you want to increase profits do the Gift of Battle reward track for Memories of Battle and Amalgamated Gemstones, use any boosters you have (remember enrichments and guild hall bonuses) for either reward tracks or wxp. Whenever you get a pip chest choose Badges of Honor and convert them into sellable Badge of Tribute in the guild hall.

Most importantly you get no gold if you don't play, make sure to always do your dailies and have t6 participation. The more kills you get the more bags and exotics you get. It should be around 2 weeks to get 1 sigil/rune I'd estimate, if you play on a daily basis and finish the diamond chest every week - doing guild missions in WvW will further supplement that income.

Btw, you get Proof of Heroics for free playing WvW so you can use those to buy sellable sigils from the provisions master for more gold.

@rng.1024 said:Based on my experience about 5 days of ~3 hours of WvW roughly equates to 100-150 gold if you salvage everything and sell the mats. This is not counting the ~30 silver gained on increasing your wxp level.

If you want to increase profits do the Gift of Battle reward track for Memories of Battle and Amalgamated Gemstones, use any boosters you have (remember enrichments and guild hall bonuses) for either reward tracks or wxp. Whenever you get a pip chest choose Badges of Honor and convert them into sellable Badge of Tribute in the guild hall.

Most importantly you get no gold if you don't play, make sure to always do your dailies and have t6 participation. The more kills you get the more bags and exotics you get. It should be around 2 weeks to get 1 sigil/rune I'd estimate, if you play on a daily basis and finish the diamond chest every week - doing guild missions in WvW will further supplement that income.

Btw, you get Proof of Heroics for free playing WvW so you can use those to buy sellable sigils from the provisions master for more gold.

This is based on primetime fightjng with dailies, and even then i consider IT rather optimistic with the current prices (since festival)

@"EremiteAngel.9765" said:If this guy's calculations here are right, then it seems like it will take ~500g per Rune and ~550g per Sigil.How much do we earn on average in an hour of WvW and how long will it take if we just played WvW primarily for our source of gold/mats?I will continue enjoying WvW as I save up to get the set but was just wondering how long it is going to take me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/ck6ip8/breakdown_of_legendary_rune_and_sigil_crafting/

You recently asked the same question and were given an answer...

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"EremiteAngel.9765" said:How much do we earn on average in an hour of active WvW?I've heard many people say that WvW is a poor place compared to PvE.If we include all the reward tracks and pip chests and loot bags and WvW badges and leveling ups and everything that can imaginably be earned in an hour of active WvW, how much do we earn on average?

The question
cannot
be answered as phrased, not in any accurate or meaningful way.

First, hardly anyone has any idea how much they 'earn' in any game mode. Humans are generally bad at keeping mental records and hardly anyone has patience to keep other records. There are some tools out there that attempt to measure, but they require some extra effort and hardly anyone uses any of them.

Second, while some people think they have some idea of how much they earn from specific farms (see above for why they are probably inaccurate estimates), those form only a narrow element of PvE. Not everyone farms and those who do have very different techniques, even at the same farm. At one point, for a Silverwastes/RIBA estimate, I saw people (who were each trying to pay careful attention) estimate values that were off by a factor of two, just by using different strategies.

Third, like PvE, there are all sorts of ways to play WvW and different people will earn differently.

So before I'd trust anyone's answer on the topic, I'd want to see their actual numbers using a farming tracker tool, using different strategies, over a variety of trial periods. And even then, at best, the answer we'd get would be "how much does @"EremiteAngel.9765" earn from active WvW versus from typical PvE or from PvE farming."

tl;dr there are too many variables and too little high-quality data to answer the question meaningfully

Tools for tracking your farming:

Both these have their own issues at estimating value, due to the sorts of assumptions and approximations required to assign value to things like currency. Still, these are better than nothing.

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

@rng.1024 said:Based on my experience about 5 days of ~3 hours of WvW roughly equates to 100-150 gold if you salvage everything and sell the mats. This is not counting the ~30 silver gained on increasing your wxp level.

Most importantly you get no gold if you don't play, make sure to always do your dailies and have t6 participation. The more kills you get the more bags and exotics you get.
It should be around 2 weeks to get 1 sigil/rune I'd estimate
, if you play on a daily basis and finish the diamond chest every week - doing guild missions in WvW will further supplement that income.

This is based on primetime fightjng with dailies, and even then i consider IT rather optimistic with the current prices (since festival)

Doesn't really matter of it's primetime or not tbh, the only difference is number of bags which doesn't contribute much to your total gain anyways.

As long as you are at t6 participation and play 2-3 hours a day the schedule is still achievable as you get dailies, pip chests and the occasional wxp keg on top.

The festival won't interfere with your main sellers anyway, except maybe ectoplasm which usually drops about 4 silver a piece. Given you'd at best get about 100 in this timeframe, this equates to a loss of around 4 gold - not at all a dealbreaker. I didn't even mention converting your laurels to tx materials, which while true will decrease in value during the festival, still adds some revenue on top of my estimation.

The trick is this - salvage everything below rare with a basic kit, above with a master - if an exotic is worth 1 gold or more sell it. Gather all synthetizer nodes and always sell junk to a vendor. Flush the entirety of your bank at the end of the week 1 copper below asking price.

@knite.1542 said:Wouldn't selling all of your mats be counter intuitive since you need a bunch of mats for each rune?

yes. if you have all the mats, you probably wouldnt have to spend.

i spent only 10 to 30g per legendary armor i had and my backpiece. but thats because i collect. for my leg weapons, i had to sell stuff since i dont do map comp.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:Your standard reward track is around 3 - 4g an hour.

Skirmish chests are worthless.

Loot bags add maybe 1g an hour or so. Lets be generous and say 2g.

One set of legendary runes/sigil is more then 5000g.

6 runes 500g each4 sigils 550g each.

In conclusion:

One set = 1000+ hours of WvW

Oh my...I probably average 10 hrs a week. 50 hrs a month.

So 20 months for me...

More reason for me to continue playing then. Long term WvW goal ?

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:Your standard reward track is around 3 - 4g an hour.

In conclusion:

So 20 months for me...

WvW has always been the least rewarded gamemode.

Btw. The 3-4g per hour from reward tracks is with perma 60% boost.

Without that....

I doubt people make this much gold in wvw in a normal week, playing 3hrs/day, 5 days/week. Wvw is probably the least profitable game mode, i don't think many people normally make that much gold, unless it's a festival like halloween or wintersday, and they have been hoarding pots for the festival tracks. It will most likely take at least a few months, around the 6 month mark for a full set.

@dragontree.8092 said:

Most importantly you get no gold if you don't play, make sure to always do your dailies and have t6 participation. The more kills you get the more bags and exotics you get.
It should be around 2 weeks to get 1 sigil/rune I'd estimate
, if you play on a daily basis and finish the diamond chest every week - doing guild missions in WvW will further supplement that income.

I doubt people make this much gold in wvw in a normal week, playing 3hrs/day, 5 days/week. Wvw is probably the least profitable game mode, i don't think many people normally make that much gold, unless it's a festival like halloween or wintersday, and they have been hoarding pots for the festival tracks. It will most likely take at least a few months, around the 6 month mark for a full set.If you just constantly zerg with a meta zerg class raking in bags from AoE tags, perhaps. Thats where most of the extra income will.

As someone that roam most of the time, I'm guessing that in 2h of play maybe 5g (including daily) and stockpiling mats. Selling everything would be a little more of course.

Tbh it takes ages to earn gold in WvW.

A while back when people suggested sPvP itemization for WvW I would disagree and point to how the different modes went together in different ways.

Since the game has diverged so much from that initial path with the modes and since they keep heading in the direction that they are with stats, balance and item management: at this point they might as well just draw WvW and sPvP closer together.

As WvW players we are now drawing closer to having to farm PvE just to get sPvP accessability.

In the past there was a reason to craft and carry multiple sets to mix and match but there are just so many multi-stat geartypes and ways to convert stats now that it is becomming more and more pointless to carry multiple sets anyway, with minimal exception. Given how bad balance is, maybe WvW would even benefit from a shard selection of available stats like sPvP anyway, if that would make future balance easier. In that past I was rather adamant that the scaling in WvW required different stats (eg., Minstrel) to be available.

At this point though they might as well just make an amulet system and let us play for skins instead.

@"subversiontwo.7501" said:A while back when people suggested sPvP itemization for WvW I would disagree and point to how the different modes went together in different ways.

Since the game has diverged so much from that initial path with the modes and since they keep heading in the direction that they are with stats, balance and item management: at this point they might as well just draw WvW and sPvP closer together.

As WvW players we are now drawing closer to having to farm PvE just to get sPvP accessability.

In the past there was a reason to craft and carry multiple sets to mix and match but there are just so many multi-stat geartypes and ways to convert stats now that it is becomming more and more pointless to carry multiple sets anyway, with minimal exception. Given how bad balance is, maybe WvW would even benefit from a shard selection of available stats like sPvP anyway, if that would make future balance easier. In that past I was rather adamant that the scaling in WvW required different stats (eg., Minstrel) to be available.

At this point though they might as well just make an amulet system and let us play for skins instead.

YES! Exactly =) I've been waiting to see more convert over and see the light. It's all about the convince factor. Personally I've never cared about having the amulet system. I was only in this mindset for the convince. Back then, unfortunately a lot of people couldn't see the road we were headed down of "this or that" newer stat's/food. Even slight gear alteration's could have easily meant an entire new rune set up. Maybe (Probably) even hoarding gear for each legendary you don't have... For every profession/set up you play. It's far too much time investment and hassle around balance patches to keep up. Then try to find out what you do/don't like for whatever your new at. Let's all just get to playing the fucking game my god ?

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@"DanAlcedo.3281" said:Your standard reward track is around 3 - 4g an hour.

In conclusion:

So 20 months for me...

I have a question! Using your estimated play time per month, you have played roughly 200 hours since March 22nd 2019 when you posted this... https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/72080/how-much-do-we-earn-on-average-in-an-hour-of-active-wvw. Why did you not take an hour or two, out of the average 200 hours playing since March 22nd 2019 (a whopping 137 days ago), to do your own "How much do we earn on average in an hour of WvW" research with the information @Illconceived Was Na.9781 provided?