Mobile ideas

@Voltekka.2375 said:A good idea for a gw2 mobile game is to not make a gw2 mobile game and focus on the original gw2, instead.

This. Mobile MMOs are horrible cash grabs and they don't even have enough space on the screen for a proper skill bar, they're stuck with 4-5 skills so the combat is a snoozefest. I do not understand how can people enjoy something like that.

@Mea.5491 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:A good idea for a gw2 mobile game is to not make a gw2 mobile game and focus on the original gw2, instead.

This. Mobile MMOs are horrible cash grabs and they don't even have enough space on the screen for a proper skill bar, they're stuck with 4-5 skills so the combat is a snoozefest. I do not understand how can people enjoy something like that.

GW2 PvE is just spam ‘1’ anyway, mobile has plenty of room for that.

@Mortifera.6138 said:

Why? Gw2 is aging needs refreshing ideas and Mobile is the hot new thing. MMOs aren’t as big as they used to be, maybe gw2 mobile could be battle royals wvw

gw2 is aging, agreed, which is why we need refreshment in gw2, and not ditch it for a market that 99% of the gamer population thinks is a blight on the community

@Mortifera.6138 said:

Why? Gw2 is aging needs refreshing ideas and Mobile is the hot new thing. MMOs aren’t as big as they used to be, maybe gw2 mobile could be battle royals wvw

Mobile MMOs are mostly very generic and paywalled to the ground, so I doubt many people who play GW2 would bother playing a mobile version if they have a better version already. I would rather even get a GW3 than another generic mobile game (still would rather have Anet focusing their resources on GW2 rather than any other side projects).

Only two things I can think of: Polymock or a SAB platformer.

• Polymock because it was fun in GW1 but cut it from GW2 and its design would work well for phones.
  • SAB because I am utterly exhausted by people wanting SAB year round, new worlds, SAB mounts, complaining about it when it happens, complaining when it doesn't happen... I doubt I would play it but like Polymock, its design is mobile-friendly.

But I really don't have any interest in a mobile GW2 (or any mobile game tied to the MMO). Not everyone can or wants to spend hour(s) looking at their phone, and adapting an IP to work well with the mobile market takes time and increases the odds of messing up. It works better when there's something there that is already compatible. If they want to have something going on in the mobile gaming sector, fine. But the priority should be the MMO and a mobile game shouldn't suck in the majority of resources.

Bonus that won't happen: Updated Rytlock's Critter Rampage.

Here are some wild ideas:

Rytlock's rampage.A very fast horizontal auto scroll game where you smash all the enemies passing from an environment to another.

GW2 Mighty heroes.Dungeon like you can make a 5 person team with many well known characters.Several Isometric levels where you fight enemies turn by turn.

Asuran Lab Simulator.Create a lab from nothing hire more and more personnel, increase productivity and manage your money, affiliate it to one of the four organization, develop it, manage it.Multiple specializations depending on what your are studying. Ala fallout shelter.

Skritt and shinies.Develop your kindgom, create hideouts all around Tyria and kick in the back any race that would like to stomp you, kill you, putting dynamites in your caves or experimenting on you! Collect shinies and become the richest skritt ever. Possibility to attack other players cities.

I like mmos because they're complex, vast, have a compelling story, allow me to play with others I know and don't. They require investment, long term goals, and some intelligence (even if the amount is debatable). They have learning curves which are interesting and rewarding when mastered.Mobile games are simplistic, dumbed down, idle gaming or built on very basic tap-tap-tap strategies. There is barely a challenge, or anything to master. They are mostly repetitive and require little to no skill and intelligence. Is it theoretically possible that ncsoft does it differently? Yes. Is it likely? Considering what kind of games actually sell in the mobile market, no. There's a reason the target audience for traditional mmos and mobile games is significantly different (even if there's some overlap).I enjoy sitting at my pc and diving into a detailed immersive world. Mobile can't do that for me.I dislike spending unnecessary time on my phone, in which every single app is already designed to be addictive and make money off of my attention by exploiting every weakness in our cognition.

Want to invest in a mobile game, without compromising the main game? Go ahead. But that's hard to believe, and from that point onwards every single less-than-perfect aspect of gw2 will be assumed to be due to resources being drained to benefit the mobile game.Want to invest in a mobile game and assume that gw2 will lose focus? Go ahead. It will be immensely disappointing.

So if Guild Wars 2 made a mobile thing, I don't want another game, I'd like an official app. Let me talk to guildies, access the TP to see if things sold/buy things, a world boss timer, seeing what home instance nodes I have and don't have and maybe....MAYBE....because fit is all the rage a step counter or something that tops off at earning a certain amount a day and can be used in game to buy things (like the DS's/3DS's coin system thing). But overall, basically like the WoW Armory App(RIP) but for GW2.