I've looked over snowcrows and metabattle and there actually is very little info on specific shade mechanics (at least the ones I have questions on) but to me they seem fairly important. They point out some stuff: don't cap on life force and sync your buff skills with Shroud 5, let your scepter autoattack cycle complete, but not much beyond that. Also, its seems like a melee-range style would be best with scourge since my character becomes a damage dealer on Shroud 2-5.
Obviously when it comes to maximizing Scourge dps its all about location, location, location of the shades but there are some things I am unsure of:
1. If I place multiple shades to overlap a single baddie, will that baddie take more damage, and get more cond stacks when I later use Shroud 2-5?
2. Are shroud skills accidentally cancellable? For example, with a regular ability if I cast it, but don't wait for it to finish and then cast something else, the first ability I cast is cancelled, goes on cd, becomes a complete waste of time as only the second ability fires off. Can the same thing happen to the Scourge Shroud skills 2-5? Or can I just rip through casting them as fast as possible without waiting for anything to finish? While Shroud 1 has a casting time, the others don't seem to have any casting time.
3. Will using Shroud 2-5 interrupt regular abilities? For example, I begin to cast 1 spell but before it's spell casting is finished I hit Shroud 2. Did shroud 2 just cancel the regular ability I was trying to use? I know from experience that I can be reviving an ally and trigger Shroud 2-5 without interfering with the reviving process so I'm inclined to think that the shroud 2-5 are simultaneously usable with other abilities.
4. Is it generally best to wait for 3 shades out before triggering Shroud 5 (Desert Shroud)? Or should I place just 2 and go Shroud 5? Or is 1 shade good enough? Usually I go on 1 or 2 and do: Shroud 2 (if I have conditions), Shroud 3, Shroud 4.
5. My scepter's autoattack seems to get cancelled by using the shroud skills. Even when my target isn't dead and I haven't changed targets, if I use shroud skills the autoattack will straight up stop. Not sure of the exact sequence that does it, but there is a definite pattern and my previous auto attack stops being auto until I use it directly again. Is there something specific I need to watch for or some game option I need to change to stop that?
Thanks in advance for answers or just awesome scourge pointers.