PVP Gamemode Ideas! (Dueling, Siege, etc.)

Catbuggalicious.2548

By far, the most popular gamemode is conquest, and it's all most players care about. In fact, courtyard is no longer publicly available in rated matches. If you're like me, and sick of hearing "cap mid," then you agree we need something fresh! Possible gamemodes:

• Dueling - A 1v1 rank-based gamemode where two players are pitted against each other in a small arena. To make up for the brevity, there will be multiple rounds (five?) in each game. Also, to make it more exciting, and to turn the tides of a match, there should be a pickup or a place where you can "commune" to have your cooldowns or health restored.
  • Siege - A large team-based strategy gamemode where one team must defend a castle while the other team tries to breach its walls and reach an objective (possibly kill a lord) to win, before time runs out. If the timer runs dry before the objective can be reached, the defending team wins. There could be WvW-esque siege mechanics, but with a little extra player on player spice, like, the archers atop the walls can jump down and start beating you up if you get too close.

Some of these may have been mentioned before, but I did think of them independently, so at least I'm not a total copycat :PAnyway, these are just my thoughts and I want to hear more ideas and reactions! Please, share this thread and spread the word!

@Catbuggalicious.2548 said:By far, the most popular gamemode is conquest, and it's all most players care about. In fact, courtyard is no longer publicly available in rated matches. If you're like me, and sick of hearing "cap mid," then you agree we need something fresh! Possible gamemodes:

Hello no it's not the most popular. It's the one anet has forced down the unwilling throats of it's players. On my list of about 25 or 30 pvp minded friends, just maybe 2 or 3 actually enjoy conq and would rather play that and nothing else like cap the flag, tdm, stronghold or anything else.

If all anet does is crap out a crappy circle dancing map one after another then the community is kind of forced to play it to play "ranked".

I haven't been able to enjoy a pvp season since season 4 ended . I've gotten plat t2 or t3 each seasons 5-7. I''m also not too up minded about season 9 since 8 is yet again a failure.

Archived