Is this really necessary... On Legendary Gear????

Funny part is we press both times "Accept".While we are discussing the UI, the change to add stats was also a bad one, it made the combobox much bigger, so requiring lots of scrolling to find what you want. Players that crafted Legendary gear should have this knowledge of the game already and not need a reminder.

As I've speculated, I think this is why ANet has been releasing the mechanics in dribs and drabs. This allows us time to offer constructive feedback about how it works, and gives them time to adjust their implementation. I'm impatient for templates/loadouts, and I can still see the benefit of not rolling everything out at once.

At least, that's my hope (that and I hope they have set aside enough dev time for said adjustments to make legendary upgrades convenient to use).

@crepuscular.9047 said:It's only version 1.0, I'm sure they will refine it; not sure why they did no go with PvP's interface, I feel that it's much better

It has the benefits of being (a) familiar to lots of us and (b) predictable and © extensible, no matter how many new stat combos or runes|sigils are added.

It's clunky in its own way, so I don't mind ANet considering something else. I just wonder why they thought this something else was worth it.

@"Vegeta.2563" said:Maybe I'm missing something, but why am I being asked to confirm a change that I can switch anytime I want??

https://i.redd.it/mbtsxidj6be31.png

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:It’s part of the new ui which legendary runes brought in.

yeah the absolutely terrible ui of the legendary runes infected the rest of the legendary gear. so sad

It seems to be on all gear. I think my exotics have the same ui

Exactly. All gear that lets you choose stats have this UI. Its generic for all because some exotics don't let you change again. We'll see if legendary gear gets a unique version that removes redundancy.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

@"Vegeta.2563" said:Maybe I'm missing something, but why am I being asked to confirm a change that I can switch anytime I want??

@Randulf.7614 said:It’s part of the new ui which legendary runes brought in.

yeah the absolutely terrible ui of the legendary runes infected the rest of the legendary gear. so sad

It seems to be on all gear. I think my exotics have the same ui

Exactly. All gear that lets you choose stats have this UI. Its generic for all because some exotics don't let you change again. We'll see if legendary gear gets a unique version that removes redundancy.

I think the only equipment which does let you change stats once you've chosen them is legendary and ascended, so the warning makes sense for everything else. (Especially some of the story reward stuff which lets you choose, that's likely to be the first time new players encounter stat selection so without a warning they might assume they can change it whenever they want.)

But I agree the warning is pointless on legendary and maybe even on ascended equipment and should be removed.

I think the only equipment which does let you change stats once you've chosen them is legendary and ascended, .Only legendary allows you to select stats more than once.

With ascended, you can toss the gear into the forge and zommy will give you a new piece with different stats. The original gear is destroyed. Upgrades in the gear are also lost (as well as any wardrobe changes). I emphasize the distinction because I still see people who forget and lose valuable infusions, among other things.