(suggestion) dynamic, fun, quick fix to Holo

I see the problem of Holo being a high-risk-high-reward class is that the risk and reward are only managed by the holo itself, which doesn't allow much counterplay. (a good holo would rarely overheat, for example)

So I propose:- Holo mode: gain extra 1% of heat per second, per stack of burning on you

This allows a much more dynamic play against holo (as many classes can now force holo to disengage faster, and even punish them for entering holo at high heat if countered properly)

i believe this would not make holo too weak to be playable, but would stop a close-eye-spam-buttons situation to a certain extent.

It also fits the theme of holo :))

@"DarkHamster.7908" said:I see the problem of Holo being a high-risk-high-reward class is that the risk and reward are only managed by the holo itself, which doesn't allow much counterplay. (a good holo would rarely overheat, for example)

So I propose:- Holo mode: gain extra 1% of heat per second, per stack of burning on you

This allows a much more dynamic play against holo (as many classes can now force holo to disengage faster, and even punish them for entering holo at high heat if countered properly)

i believe this would not make holo too weak to be playable, but would stop a close-eye-spam-buttons situation to a certain extent.

It also fits the theme of holo :))

So a Fire Weaver that's already slowly making its way in to meta would also become an ultimate "denial" build against one of the most important builds in the meta? (even though an OP one)Not only fire weaver but also Scourge, even Guards passive burn application, all those would be able to cut holos Photon Forge time to as low as 2 seconds or something before insta-overheating, that would contrary to what you say, absolutely delete Holo.

What, the risk of overheating, losing nearly half of one's HP due to burning up, AND having toolbelt skills disabled isn't enough? A holoforge is basically screwed if they overheat, and now you want to make it worse when no other profession has to deal with such a mechanic from overusing their profession skills? No.

@Nilkemia.8507 said:What, the risk of overheating, losing nearly half of one's HP due to burning up, AND having toolbelt skills disabled isn't enough? A holoforge is basically screwed if they overheat, and now you want to make it worse when no other profession has to deal with such a mechanic from overusing their profession skills? No.

Played holo only two times, never overheated (you have nearly perma vigor). And does a lot of dmg. Pls, dont try to defend how broken holo is.

Yikes. If you think this fits the theme of holo...

You're proposing multiple builds being able to shut holo down, including the burn guard whose skill floor is super high, burn engi and burn weaver. That should be enough for you to realize that this is just a silly suggestion.

Well timed immobilize with follow up CC is already an option to force overheat on probably 80%+ of the builds people run (Thermal Release Valve / Vent Exhaust). This is also pretty much an instant kill too, given how punishing overheat is now.

I guess the problem here is you have to actively counter-play against a class weakness, rather than just spam burn stacks the same way and receive a massive free bonus...

@DarkHamster.7908 said:I see the problem of Holo being a high-risk-high-reward class is that the risk and reward are only managed by the holo itself, which doesn't allow much counterplay. (a good holo would rarely overheat, for example)

Oh, you mean firebrand/scourge duos who mop up against most other professions already? Well, at least this one wasn't just another call for holos to be deleted. That's something I guess.