Did Anet really spend manpower/time making content (gizmos) accessible for only 5 people in NA?

title may be troll but there is truth to it. A mistake on Anet's part? or intentional development funds to provide content to cater only 5 people.

12+ pieces of "content" for same 5-6 people, not including a whole merchant that only works for those 5.

Could of spent that time making actual practical and more accessible content to motivate players to form more pvp teams and build a better healthier competitive pvp environment.

People who say people need to get good are missing the point of this post.

Well I mean kinda... anyone can get it...

But also yes. There should be a hard to obtain award exclusive for sPvP. It's unfortunate that Swiss Tourneys aren't a thing because then all of these past monthlies could have been actually competitive with the number two team deserving getting to 2nd and not losing round 1 due to bad bracket placements. If there had been 15 months of Swiss I expect there would have been teams actually getting better and maybe putting up a fight. With the lottery system for second place we current have there is 0 incentive to consistently try hard. Because of this, yes. It has become an exclusive reward for those 5.

From an idealistic point of view, it would be great if Swiss tourneys came out soon and revitalized some competition.

From a realistic point of view, Swiss will come out too late and the population will be too low and toxic to change anything.

@MatchMan.3615 said:The going rate is $400 per person last I checked. Also, they are easy to beat and think they're good. Just win 4head

are you reporting that the monthly team could be involved in RMT? because that is definitely against Terms of Service. Your welcome to provide proof, otherwise it's not okay to lie about others like that.

@Cheeseball C.8395 said:

@"MatchMan.3615" said:The going rate is $400 per person last I checked. Also, they are easy to beat and think they're good. Just win 4head

are you reporting that the monthly team could be involved in RMT? because that is definitely against Terms of Service. Your welcome to provide proof, otherwise it's not okay to lie about others like that.

You must be out of the loop, few years back "top players" sold slots for auto tournament, they got caught, got a slap on the wrist. And yet they still play, and possibly still selling slots today again.

@Cheeseball C.8395 said:

@MatchMan.3615 said:The going rate is $400 per person last I checked. Also, they are easy to beat and think they're good. Just win 4head

the proof is that it already happened and the accounts were perma dishonored for it.

@Vicariuz.1605 said:

@"MatchMan.3615" said:The going rate is $400 per person last I checked. Also, they are easy to beat and think they're good. Just win 4head

the proof is that it already happened and the accounts were perma dishonored for it.

Sadly they have yet to perma ban anyone from pvp for the At selling ot Wintrading in ranked.

Tends to be a 3 month wrist slap. "Please don't do it again"

@"LolLookAtMyAP.8394" said:Ben explained before that it's like this because if it's too easy for players to get gizmos, everyone would be running around with them. It would ruin immersion for some players.

I know Ben is on the pvp side of things. But has he not seen all the glittery infusions, outfits, and mount skins? XD.

@rwolf.9571 said:

@"LolLookAtMyAP.8394" said:Ben explained before that it's like this because if it's too easy for players to get gizmos, everyone would be running around with them. It would ruin immersion for some players.

I know Ben is on the pvp side of things. But has he not seen all the glittery infusions, outfits, and mount skins? XD.

Theoretically it can be extremely easy to get gizmos. Imagine if there is the bare minimum of registered teams, and nearly every team is so incompetent that their win is decided by pure luck. And then a good team comes along to take a gizmo, with no effort invested. Compare that to a ton of gold and effort being spent on infusions.

@"LolLookAtMyAP.8394" said:

Theoretically it can be extremely easy to get gizmos. Imagine if there is the bare minimum of registered teams, and nearly every team is so incompetent that their win is decided by pure luck. And then a good team comes along to take a gizmo, with no effort invested. Compare that to a ton of gold and effort being spent on infusions.

That would require Team USA to finally get bored playing in the mAT.Since most of them don't even play GW2 anymore aside from 3 tourneys per month, it's pretty much impossible to even practice playing vs them.