Graphic setting and FPS question

Hello.

I'm new to game, so I have a question about low fps sometimes.I have GeForce GTX 1050, Intel Core i5-3470, 8 Gb Operating memory.

Usually I have 40-60-80 Fps like herehttps://i.imgur.com/jYqWGWR.jpgOr 30 like herehttps://imgur.com/a/xBlTLkQ

But the problem is WvW big fights and world bosses or same activities which I can describe like "many many players in one place"https://imgur.com/a/5rDmQZh 17 FPS World Boss

Graphic settings sat by default. I'm scary to change something wrong.So can you give some tips what changes can improove fps in big battles, WvW fights or in general?

set the Character Model Limit to Lowest, a game's FPS is not only limited to the graphics card, but also the CPU

in GW2's case, the game is running on an engine that isn't optimised for the modern CPU running multiple cores; the industry prediction back then was CPU's single thread performance will continue to grow, they did not forsee the chip makers hit the technical limitation and went down the other path of throw more cores to improve performance, so GW2 benefits very little from additional cores over 4

There will be two primary settings that have a big impact: Shadows and as mentioned above, character model limit. I advice low/lowest if you have a weak machine.

Other than that... well you're kitten out of luck. GW2 chokes on scenes with lots of players regardless of you having a GTX1050 or RTX2080Ti.

I'm not so sure about characters model limits/quality. I tried setting both of them at lowest and at highest, and yet i noticed no real difference in FPS. It's always 30-40 on average (up to 60-70 in empty areas and down to 10-20 in crowded areas). :/Shadows was always on "Low" from the beginning so that can't be the problem either. I lowered Shaders from high to medium and i gained 10 FPS, but it's still 30-40 on average overall.I could get up to 90-100 FPS with everything on the lowest possible setting, but i don't want the game to look like crap so i just got used to play at 30 FPS. XDD

@crepuscular.9047 said:set the Character Model Limit to Lowest, a game's FPS is not only limited to the graphics card, but also the CPU

in GW2's case, the game is running on an engine that isn't optimised for the modern CPU running multiple cores; the industry prediction back then was CPU's single thread performance will continue to grow, they did not forsee the chip makers hit the technical limitation and went down the other path of throw more cores to improve performance, so GW2 benefits very little from additional cores over 4

Thanks. I set Character Model Limit to Lowest and in the center of battle with Tequatl the Sunless I have now 30-40-60 FPS.

@Dawdler.8521 said:There will be two primary settings that have a big impact: Shadows and as mentioned above, character model limit. I advice low/lowest if you have a weak machine.

Other than that... well you're kitten out of luck. GW2 chokes on scenes with lots of players regardless of you having a GTX1050 or RTX2080Ti.

Yeah shadows and character model helped seems. Almost 30 FPS in the center of big actions with many players..