[QoL] Have chat option to disable /say bubbles

hugo.4705

For any game mode, if you RP, PvP or whatever, when everything from your chat is unticked apart group, it's because you don't want to be harassed, receiving any hateful message or whatever. Plus, disable allies targetting (within your team) in PvP that's a kind of moral harassment to have a target over your head and laughing at you.

I don't want hateful comments here, keep them for pvp. Many undergo those issues, having hateful /say speech bubbles even if all unticked, harassed by targets, enemies dancing on you telling any bad word. But many simply don't speak about them, keeping it for themselves.

I will personally report any hateful comment within this thread. It's a complain and suggestion not a punching bag.

Many simply want to enjoy the game. And if anybody want to disable any text or dialog from others it's their right. Also nobody deserve to have a target over its head or be humiliated. I'm writting this because not only me but several players encounterred the issue.

So @Anet, if you aren't going to deal with toxicity, at least allow people to disable any dialog when in pvp, any speech bubble, any chat. Note that it can also apply to RPer which just want to play their characters and don't want somebody to ruin it.

So that's it, this is a serious issue, any comment like "too sensitive", "don't play pvp", "go pve" , "any insult here" are displaced and have zero place here.

Currently I and surely other need to pvp just to have armors tied to its reward tracks. Ranked or unranked it's all the same, after some matches you already have enough.

@"Randulf.7614" said:Hmm I thought speech bubbles didn’t show if the chat channel was blocked

That's what I thought too, everything was unticked, still, bubbles are shown over the other team members, with words I'm not allowed to post here.

Bubbles aren't showing in PvE, but in PvP yes, so maybe a bug.

Pa14jjG.jpg

@hugo.4705 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:Hmm I thought speech bubbles didn’t show if the chat channel was blocked

That's what I thought too, everything was unticked, still, bubbles are shown over the other team members, with words I'm not allowed to post here.

I believe that you can disable it by clicking on the gear icon by the chat window and then untick the ‘show in-world bubbles’ icon. It should disable all speech bubbles.