Why aren't Festival Tokens going directly into my wallet?

Probably because someone at ANet read a study somewhere that says people feel more rewarded if they have to click more on stuff. This would also explain the new customization UI.

@Trise.2865 said:Because you need them for crafting certain Guild Hall decorations.

The decorations are crafted using Zephyr Lanterns which are bought with Festival Tokens. They aren't using the tokens directly.

@Khisanth.2948 said:Probably because someone at ANet read a study somewhere that says people feel more rewarded if they have to click more on stuff. This would also explain the new customization UI.

Makes sense to me. I mean honestly, is it so bad to have to click on the stack of contracts/tokens to add them to your wallet? With the dozens/hundreds of things ANET devs could be working on to fix/improve, they should spend time addressing this?

I mean, part of me wants to know why it took almost a FULL YEAR for them to allow us to send these tokens to our wallets, but I've learned to not bother asking such questions. It is what it is.

@Khisanth.2948 said:Probably because someone at ANet read a study somewhere that says people feel more rewarded if they have to click more on stuff. This would also explain the new customization UI.

It's more that people don't feel rewarded when stuff goes automatically into inventory. The in-game example I use is spirit shards. There's always people complaining that they are blocked from gaining shards due to getting stuck on a mastery despite the fact that shards drop from all sorts of stuff; we just don't see it when it happens because those are auto-consumed.

We (collectively) think we'd like it better if we had to spend no time managing inventory for sub-par gear (for our level of play)... without realizing that we'd complain about how little loot we got if that happened.