With the new 2vs2 game mode can we finally bring back teams in ranked!

@Crystal Black.8190 said:

@Trigr.6481 said:It's a map, not a game mode. Which makes it essentially meaningless if there's no Que system attached to it.

But without a separate queue it is useless. All I can imagine is to use it for custom arena 2vs2, but it hardly offers anything new and the users of them are even smaller than the existing PvP player base.

Custom arena 2v2 wont get far, it would have already been a wild success on the already established 2v2 maps if that was the case. The simple fact of the matter is this. Without a que for 2v2 any map they come out with will be dead on arrival, simple as that.

To be fair, in order for it to be called a game mode, they need multiple maps.Neither Stronghold nor Team Deathmatch ever really lived up to the standard precisely because of a lack of maps.Maybe Stronghold wouldn't have failed so miserably if there had been a second map with varied mechanics.And I really hope there's no queue, instead I hope it's placed into the AT structure. I want to pick my partner instead of being paired with randoms.

@Yannir.4132 said:To be fair, in order for it to be called a game mode, they need multiple maps.Neither Stronghold nor Team Deathmatch ever really lived up to the standard precisely because of a lack of maps.Maybe Stronghold wouldn't have failed so miserably if there had been a second map with varied mechanics.And I really hope there's no queue, instead I hope it's placed into the AT structure. I want to pick my partner instead of being paired with randoms.

Wouldnt 2v2 at this point have 4 maps if they make it a gamemode? For a start that would be more than enough.

@zealex.9410 said:

@Yannir.4132 said:To be fair, in order for it to be called a game mode, they need multiple maps.Neither Stronghold nor Team Deathmatch ever really lived up to the standard precisely because of a lack of maps.Maybe Stronghold wouldn't have failed so miserably if there had been a second map with varied mechanics.And I really hope there's no queue, instead I hope it's placed into the AT structure. I want to pick my partner instead of being paired with randoms.

Wouldnt 2v2 at this point have 4 maps if they make it a gamemode? For a start that would be more than enough.

Courtyard is not a 2v2 map. It's a TDM map.

@Yannir.4132 said:

It could be very easily turned into a 2v2 map.

@zealex.9410 said:

It could be very easily turned into a 2v2 map.

Sure. But as it is at this moment it is not. It's missing the end-of-match mechanics that remove stealth and healing from the equation.