Anniversary Sale: Starting with a whimper? - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Anniversary Sale: Starting with a whimper?

2

Comments

  • Sobx.1758Sobx.1758 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 9, 2019

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

    @Josiah.2967 said:
    Anyone else feeling incredibly let down by the anniversary sale? I bought hundreds of dollars worth of gems in anticipation for the sale, and have bought almost nothing. I hope it ends with a bang because it started with a whimper.

    (1) The sale hasn't been in place even a week; there's over three more left to go.
    (2) You could have guessed that ANet would, as they have ever previous year, held off most of the stuff you want until the end.

    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gem_Store/Anniversary_Sales

    Yeah, just notice how last year throughout the whole sale there were 11 sales with items/packages more expensive than 1500 gems (and that's including the ones that you could purchase in cheaper packages too, like "shared inventory slots" or "black lion chest keys"). This time we already have 25 bundles with base prices of 1500-3500 gems with LITERALLY ONE ITEM being priced less than that (copper salvagomatic regularly priced for 800g). And the discounts are 15-40%, except that you can easly see that VAST MAJORITY of them is merely at 15%. Compared to that the pricier packages last year were discounted by "30%+". Package sales also push you into buying items you don't really want or need, which means you'd probably be better off just buying single items for regular price than opting for 15% discounted packages.
    For now, the sale is just objectively garbage.

  • Tiviana.2650Tiviana.2650 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Wow i just noticed they canned all the utility all they have up for the 2019 sale is shinies mounts, outfits, skins. Well that tears it, no need for me to get gems for this. I need utility bag slots, bank slot, material storage upgrades, character slots, shared inventory. Compare this years with previous its obvious the tactic has changed.

  • Zephyr.5382Zephyr.5382 Member ✭✭✭

    @Tiviana.2650 said:
    Wow i just noticed they canned all the utility all they have up for the 2019 sale is shinies mounts, outfits, skins. Well that tears it, no need for me to get gems for this. I need utility bag slots, bank slot, material storage upgrades, character slots, shared inventory. Compare this years with previous its obvious the tactic has changed.

    As some in this thread have surmised, they'll probably release all the utility stuff towards the end. Believe me, I commiserate as I'm waiting on bag slots, myself.

  • Sobx.1758Sobx.1758 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Zephyr.5382 said:

    @Tiviana.2650 said:
    Wow i just noticed they canned all the utility all they have up for the 2019 sale is shinies mounts, outfits, skins. Well that tears it, no need for me to get gems for this. I need utility bag slots, bank slot, material storage upgrades, character slots, shared inventory. Compare this years with previous its obvious the tactic has changed.

    As some in this thread have surmised, they'll probably release all the utility stuff towards the end. Believe me, I commiserate as I'm waiting on bag slots, myself.

    Yeah, I could use 1 character slot, but I won't touch any silly bundle. :p

  • Hashberry.4510Hashberry.4510 Member ✭✭✭

    The bundles are not aimed at vets, they are not a bad deal for new comers. I assume we will see some utility and QoL stuff in the last few days.

  • Tukaram.8256Tukaram.8256 Member ✭✭✭

    The PoF bundle looks ok, but only if you want a level 80 boost & character slot. The package is just a little but more than the 3 unbreakable gathering tools. I am holding out for the shared inventory slots to get marked down... I hope... :)

  • crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Astralporing.1957 said:

    @Josiah.2967 said:
    Anyone else feeling incredibly let down by the anniversary sale? I bought hundreds of dollars worth of gems in anticipation for the sale, and have bought almost nothing. I hope it ends with a bang because it started with a whimper.

    In that case one might say that the sale worked really well.

    i think he's waiting for the BLC keys

    [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭
  • crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10, 2019

    @Sobx.1758 said:

    @Zephyr.5382 said:

    @Tiviana.2650 said:
    Wow i just noticed they canned all the utility all they have up for the 2019 sale is shinies mounts, outfits, skins. Well that tears it, no need for me to get gems for this. I need utility bag slots, bank slot, material storage upgrades, character slots, shared inventory. Compare this years with previous its obvious the tactic has changed.

    As some in this thread have surmised, they'll probably release all the utility stuff towards the end. Believe me, I commiserate as I'm waiting on bag slots, myself.

    Yeah, I could use 1 character slot, but I won't touch any silly bundle. :p

    POF Preparation Pack is actually worth the price tag, even if the L80 booster is taken out (sadly anet, i dont really care about the booster, i think most vets dont care either)

    If you buy them individually (without L80 booster) without discount is 4840 gems, and if base on historical max discounts given, it is 2708 gems

    • Character slot, 800 gems, 35% discount = 520 gems
    • Bag Slot x2, 800 gems, 50% discount = 400 gems
    • Gathering Tools, 2400 gems, 50% discount = 1200 gems
    • BLC Keys, max discount = 558 gems (base on avg for 25 key bundle at 53% discount)

    [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭
  • Sobx.1758Sobx.1758 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10, 2019

    @crepuscular.9047 said:

    @Sobx.1758 said:

    @Zephyr.5382 said:

    @Tiviana.2650 said:
    Wow i just noticed they canned all the utility all they have up for the 2019 sale is shinies mounts, outfits, skins. Well that tears it, no need for me to get gems for this. I need utility bag slots, bank slot, material storage upgrades, character slots, shared inventory. Compare this years with previous its obvious the tactic has changed.

    As some in this thread have surmised, they'll probably release all the utility stuff towards the end. Believe me, I commiserate as I'm waiting on bag slots, myself.

    Yeah, I could use 1 character slot, but I won't touch any silly bundle. :p

    POF Preparation Pack is actually worth the price tag, even if the L80 booster is taken out (sadly anet, i dont really care about the booster, i think most vets dont care either)

    If you buy them individually (without L80 booster) without discount is 4840 gems, and if base on historical max discounts given, it is 2708 gems

    • Character slot, 800 gems, 35% discount = 520 gems
    • Bag Slot x2, 800 gems, 50% discount = 400 gems
    • Gathering Tools, 2400 gems, 50% discount = 1200 gems
    • BLC Keys, max discount = 558 gems (base on avg for 25 key bundle at 53% discount)

    Yeah, not bad. It's just that I couldn't care less about lvl 80 boost, bag slots and gathering tools. And people that would buy these items seperately probably wouldn't opt for a random key bundle. While the price for all of the items might not be bad in the bundle, it's most probable you wouldn't want to buy half of them anyways. Add to that a fact that for now all the sales are bundles and... Yeah, imo it's garbage.

  • Josiah.2967Josiah.2967 Member ✭✭✭

    @crepuscular.9047 said:

    @Sobx.1758 said:

    @Zephyr.5382 said:

    @Tiviana.2650 said:
    Wow i just noticed they canned all the utility all they have up for the 2019 sale is shinies mounts, outfits, skins. Well that tears it, no need for me to get gems for this. I need utility bag slots, bank slot, material storage upgrades, character slots, shared inventory. Compare this years with previous its obvious the tactic has changed.

    As some in this thread have surmised, they'll probably release all the utility stuff towards the end. Believe me, I commiserate as I'm waiting on bag slots, myself.

    Yeah, I could use 1 character slot, but I won't touch any silly bundle. :p

    POF Preparation Pack is actually worth the price tag, even if the L80 booster is taken out (sadly anet, i dont really care about the booster, i think most vets dont care either)

    If you buy them individually (without L80 booster) without discount is 4840 gems, and if base on historical max discounts given, it is 2708 gems

    • Character slot, 800 gems, 35% discount = 520 gems
    • Bag Slot x2, 800 gems, 50% discount = 400 gems
    • Gathering Tools, 2400 gems, 50% discount = 1200 gems
    • BLC Keys, max discount = 558 gems (base on avg for 25 key bundle at 53% discount)

    I can see this being a great option for frugal new players. It's just so blah....

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @crepuscular.9047 said:

    @Sobx.1758 said:

    @Zephyr.5382 said:

    @Tiviana.2650 said:
    Wow i just noticed they canned all the utility all they have up for the 2019 sale is shinies mounts, outfits, skins. Well that tears it, no need for me to get gems for this. I need utility bag slots, bank slot, material storage upgrades, character slots, shared inventory. Compare this years with previous its obvious the tactic has changed.

    As some in this thread have surmised, they'll probably release all the utility stuff towards the end. Believe me, I commiserate as I'm waiting on bag slots, myself.

    Yeah, I could use 1 character slot, but I won't touch any silly bundle. :p

    POF Preparation Pack is actually worth the price tag, even if the L80 booster is taken out (sadly anet, i dont really care about the booster, i think most vets dont care either)

    If you buy them individually (without L80 booster) without discount is 4840 gems, and if base on historical max discounts given, it is 2708 gems

    • Character slot, 800 gems, 35% discount = 520 gems
    • Bag Slot x2, 800 gems, 50% discount = 400 gems
    • Gathering Tools, 2400 gems, 50% discount = 1200 gems
    • BLC Keys, max discount = 558 gems (base on avg for 25 key bundle at 53% discount)

    Its worth is dependent on whether you want the gathering tool set or not.

  • sorudo.9054sorudo.9054 Member ✭✭✭✭

    everything i want i already have and anything i might want but don't have doesn't interest me at all anymore, they better come with something truly interesting be cause my bank is closed.

  • one appearance package after another. very boring. and then only 15% (2000 > 1700 ) so that you can not buy 1600 gems.

    He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster

  • Calistin.6210Calistin.6210 Member ✭✭✭

    @DeanBB.4268 said:

    @Alin.2468 said:
    I like the bundles so far. Please keep 'em flowing Anet.

    Also remember that not everyone was playing when these bundles were out previously. So if people like the bundles and don't have too much of the contents (such as permanent gathering tools) then these are sweet deals for them. Deals for those of us who have these things already are yet to come, I'm sure. It might not be until the very end though.

    The problem with the PoF bundle is those of us that don't have the tools likely don't have the expansions yet and are waiting on a decent sale for them which mean we can't buy the PoF prep pack. Anet decided f2p player's were not allowed to and also decided that people that bought core accounts are f2p....at least when it comes to this pack. It's more than odd considering I can buy those items individually .....

  • Josiah.2967Josiah.2967 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 12, 2019

    This sale (if you can call it that) gets worse next week.
    August 12
    Grand Lion Griffon Skin—20% Off

    August 13
    Summit Wildhorn Springer Skin—20% Off

    August 14
    Tremor Armadillo Roller Beetle Skin—20% Off

    August 16
    Distant Lands Mount Adoption License—20% Off
    Distant Lands Mount Select License—40% Off
    Home Instance Node Pack—35% Off
    Unbreakable Gathering Tools—50% Off (limit one per account)

    August 17
    Path of Fire Survival Package—35% Off
    Elonian Introductory Package—35% Off

    I think buying Home Instance Node Packs for my fiance is about it for me.

    To put how bad this years sale is compared to last:
    2019 Anniversary Home Instance Node Pack—35% Off
    2018 Anniversary Home Instance Node Pack—50% Off

  • Boring sales with even less exciting discounts.
    Good for my bank account I guess :p

  • hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 13, 2019

    Well it's boring to always have to wait for the last week for account upgrade like character slots. I mean it's the anniversary week they could have done an effort putting upgrades this week. It already been two weaks of useless packs. I'm sure some may like it, but CHARACTER SLOTS, if i don't see them coming will buy one full price with my gems but that's not sales....

    The seventh anniversary chair is cool.

    I get it they want to sell the 2500, 3000, 1800 thingies but a -600 gems change nothing still out of my reach.

    +++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

  • Goettel.4389Goettel.4389 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Holding out for shared slots.
    As always, best item in the store (unless you don't alt, silly you).

  • Tukaram.8256Tukaram.8256 Member ✭✭✭

    @hugo.4705 said:
    Well it's boring to always have to wait for the last week for account upgrade like character slots. I mean it's the anniversary week they could have done an effort putting upgrades this week. It already been two weaks of useless packs. I'm sure some may like it, but CHARACTER SLOTS, if i don't see them coming will buy one full price with my gems but that's not sales....

    The seventh anniversary chair is cool.

    I get it they want to sell the 2500, 3000, 1800 thingies but a -600 gems change nothing still out of my reach.

    The only character slot I have seen so far is the PoF pack. Has a lot more than a character slot, though. Looks better for newer players.
    I am still holding out for shared pack space :)

  • googel.3278googel.3278 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 13, 2019

    wasted monies on some skins and pixels, could have gotten a decent supply of pizza!
    bye bye dolla!

  • Offair.2563Offair.2563 Member ✭✭✭

    @Josiah.2967 said:

    @Alin.2468 said:
    I like the bundles so far. Please keep 'em flowing Anet.

    These bundles are the worst. You can not even gift an outfit/glider if you already own it...you just waste extra gems for nothing. I would even be happy if while the bundles were released, we had the option to buy the missing piece at full price. For people who buy a lot of cosmetics, most of these packages are an insult.

    Well next time perhaps keep your monies in ze wallet until something nice appears in the shop?

    Don't argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and own you with experience.
    Big Babou, Ranger for life.

  • Josiah.2967Josiah.2967 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 13, 2019

    @Offair.2563 said:

    @Josiah.2967 said:

    @Alin.2468 said:
    I like the bundles so far. Please keep 'em flowing Anet.

    These bundles are the worst. You can not even gift an outfit/glider if you already own it...you just waste extra gems for nothing. I would even be happy if while the bundles were released, we had the option to buy the missing piece at full price. For people who buy a lot of cosmetics, most of these packages are an insult.

    Well next time perhaps keep your monies in ze wallet until something nice appears in the shop?

    Lesson learned. This is my first anniversary sale, so i thought it would match, if not best the previous ones. This will be the last time I prepay in advanced.

  • Luthan.5236Luthan.5236 Member ✭✭✭

    Wiki lists now soon the Unbreakable Gathering Tools on sale:
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gem_Store/Anniversary_Sales
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unbreakable_Gathering_Tools

    For me it is interesting. As returning player after a long break ... I still don't have them. And buying new of the normal gathering tools is pain. (Same with salvage kits.) Didn't plan on these ... only for Living World S2 and maybe char/bank slot (for my 9th char when I buy HoT and make a revenant) ... but with 50 percent off I guess it would be stupid not to buy them.

    I guess between all those unlimited gathering tools there is no big difference? (Other than some having glyphs - which cost more ... but glyphs are available for gold at the trading post if I saw correctly.)

  • hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 14, 2019

    As someone else pointed in the pinned thread, they should bring back the vouchers.

    +++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

  • Sobx.1758Sobx.1758 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 14, 2019

    @Luthan.5236 said:
    Wiki lists now soon the Unbreakable Gathering Tools on sale:
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gem_Store/Anniversary_Sales
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unbreakable_Gathering_Tools

    For me it is interesting. As returning player after a long break ... I still don't have them. And buying new of the normal gathering tools is pain. (Same with salvage kits.) Didn't plan on these ... only for Living World S2 and maybe char/bank slot (for my 9th char when I buy HoT and make a revenant) ... but with 50 percent off I guess it would be stupid not to buy them.

    I guess between all those unlimited gathering tools there is no big difference? (Other than some having glyphs - which cost more ... but glyphs are available for gold at the trading post if I saw correctly.)

    You still need to have a different set on every character or you need to keep swapping them between character right? For me that's pretty much as much of an effort (or possibly more, because you need to do it every time you switch a character) as just restocking multiple gathering tools once in a while for every character.
    I thought they changed it so they work for every character account-wide, but I think wiki claims otherwise. For me that defeats the purpose of having them.

  • Hashberry.4510Hashberry.4510 Member ✭✭✭

    Swapping tools is not too bad if you can dedicate at least 3 shared slots to them. Keep your toon outfitted with reg tools, double click the ones in the slot, do your thing, and double click to swap back. Still somewhat annoying, but useful.

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 14, 2019

    @Sobx.1758 said:

    @Luthan.5236 said:
    Wiki lists now soon the Unbreakable Gathering Tools on sale:
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gem_Store/Anniversary_Sales
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unbreakable_Gathering_Tools

    For me it is interesting. As returning player after a long break ... I still don't have them. And buying new of the normal gathering tools is pain. (Same with salvage kits.) Didn't plan on these ... only for Living World S2 and maybe char/bank slot (for my 9th char when I buy HoT and make a revenant) ... but with 50 percent off I guess it would be stupid not to buy them.

    I guess between all those unlimited gathering tools there is no big difference? (Other than some having glyphs - which cost more ... but glyphs are available for gold at the trading post if I saw correctly.)

    You still need to have a different set on every character or you need to keep swapping them between character right? For me that's pretty much as much of an effort (or possibly more, because you need to do it every time you switch a character) as just restocking multiple gathering tools once in a while for every character.
    I thought they changed it so they work for every character account-wide, but I think wiki claims otherwise. For me that defeats the purpose of having them.

    3 account wide slots with 1 of each type of unlimited tool then some copper ones on each character and its only 3 dubble taps (total of 6) when login in and out,

  • Sobx.1758Sobx.1758 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Ah, true, you can dedicate the shared slots to hold the regular tools for easier swaps, I have to admit that is more convenient. Still would feel slightly 'meh' about the taken 3 shared slots :p

  • Luthan.5236Luthan.5236 Member ✭✭✭

    Well ... I only need one since I plan to do the dailies (which also require gathering) and farming (should I be in the mood for that) on my main. Main char (the one I want to play most) might change ... but not too often. Other chars will just rush through the maps for completion and story. Don't want to waste time with gathering. I know a lot of players to "power gathering" and I even see lots of them during normal playing. (And some even might have tons of different chars "parked" in different maps.)

    But that might be for end gamers that have nothing else left in the game besides doing power farming to make money (gold). Boring and I'd rather stop playing then. Everyone has a different taste. I bet most tools got sold to noobs that are even at the very beginning gathering for their own needs (crafting) - not even to power gather for selling and to make money.

  • @Sobx.1758 said:
    Ah, true, you can dedicate the shared slots to hold the regular tools for easier swaps, I have to admit that is more convenient. Still would feel slightly 'meh' about the taken 3 shared slots :p

    For the most part, it works out really well.
    It's not nearly as convenient as an account-wide shared gathering tool slot, of course. Still the advantage depends on how many toons one uses to gather more than a few items each.

    Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

  • Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I've been anticipating Material Storage sales for too long.

  • Josiah.2967Josiah.2967 Member ✭✭✭

    Was anyone else hoping for something new today? Seems like today, Sunday, and Monday will be dead days. Here's hoping that means they bring back the Black Lion Vouchers on Tuesday.

  • Sobx.1758Sobx.1758 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Josiah.2967 said:
    Was anyone else hoping for something new today? Seems like today, Sunday, and Monday will be dead days. Here's hoping that means they bring back the Black Lion Vouchers on Tuesday.

    August 13
    Summit Wildhorn Springer Skin—20% Off

    August 14
    Tremor Armadillo Roller Beetle Skin—20% Off

    August 16
    Distant Lands Mount Adoption License—20% Off
    Distant Lands Mount Select License—40% Off
    Home Instance Node Pack—35% Off
    Unbreakable Gathering Tools—50% Off (limit one per account)

    August 17
    Path of Fire Survival Package—35% Off
    Elonian Introductory Package—35% Off

  • I'm confused. Arenanet claims that the anniversary sales this year has begun, however, the only things that appear in the gemstore are neat pixel arrangements that cost nearly as much as the game itself. I understand that the "good" items may not be released till near the end of this year's sales but come on now, 16 days of cosmetics with one day where no new items were added at all? If you need a marketing/sales director feel free to reach out to me or any other capable player Anet.

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    It started the 1/8 and end at 31/8 I belive it was.
    Just becouse you, me and other like us havent liked anything on sale yet dont mean its not ongoing.

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

    It’s interesting to compare with last year which players also said was underwhelming but there seemed to be slightly better discounts (salvage o magic was cheaper kn last years sale)

    Looking through the wiki list for 2019, they seem to be - with the odd exception - ramping up the discounts as we progress

    I’m not overly bothered. The game has diminished for me so I’ve pulled back my spending for other games right now

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • I'm just hoping to see the mistlock pass before 31, please aNet

  • Poormany.4507Poormany.4507 Member ✭✭✭

    I'm just waiting to see if they have character/bank slot discounts (not bundled with other stuff I don't need or care about), like they did last year. I'm hoping they'll have more utility items discounted at the end of the month.

  • Alin.2468Alin.2468 Member ✭✭✭

    It's weird: so many bundles, and players can not send them as gifts from one another, on anniversary sale.

    One man's trash is another man's treasure.

  • Luthan.5236Luthan.5236 Member ✭✭✭

    Noticed this as well when checking the wiki - with the better stuff at the end. I just hope they'll bring Living World Season 2 at the end as well - cause last year it was at the beginning. With me 4000 gems bought and the 1200 for gathering tools I have 2800 left. I need Season 2 and a char slot (to prepar for HoT which I buy next month maybe) - also a bank slot or expander. If everything goes on sale as in the previous years (I used the lowest percentage off that appeart in wiki for anniversary sale) I might even get bank slot and a storage expander + some left for a bag slot for my main char (maybe if only few gems are missing trading gold for gems).

    Node pack seems tempting - especially now that I have the unbreakable gathering tools and doing more gathering now. But some of them (or all) are for gold at trading post. Need to calculate which is cheaper and then checking next year - this isn't top priority now. (Guess I'll fill up the plants ingriedients in my storage by gathering for now - there are tons of different ones and while ores and wood almost all are maxed there I need to fill up. Have been too lazy at gathering cause replacing the tools was a hassle - which isn't anymore now with my unbreakable ones.)

  • @Alin.2468 said:
    It's weird: so many bundles, and players can not send them as gifts from one another, on anniversary sale.

    Some packages can be gifted; some not.

    For example, of the two promotional items currently on the TP

    • Lightbender Blades Combo: giftable
    • Noble Courtier package: no giftable

    The latter is tagged as only available once per account, which is probably why it's not giftable in terms of mechanics. That doesn't explain why, although it implies that one package or the other was mistakenly flagged.

    Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

  • @van smite.9308 said:

    @Josiah.2967 said:
    Anyone else feeling incredibly let down by the anniversary sale? I bought hundreds of dollars worth of gems in anticipation for the sale, and have bought almost nothing. I hope it ends with a bang because it started with a whimper.

    when compared to the items on sale last year ... more geared to fashion wars than utility - as somebody who has never fallen down that rabbit hole Im not feeling compelled to bust out the credit card - hope they put some char slots up at least

    The data doesn't support that impression. Each year has roughly the same ratio of fashion to utility, with more of the utility showing up towards the end.

    when compared to the items on sale last year it is by far way more high priced items

    I might get around to comparing that later.

    I didn't do so originally because I'm not sure it's a fair comparison. MountFits weren't available at all in the 2016-17 anniversaries (POF launched afterward) and ANet's introduced a lot more packages retailed at 1200 gems or more, including some that are utility oriented.

    It's fair to say that in general that ANet is leaning towards higher-cost, higher-value items in the shop. It's also not surprising, because it's what the CEO said they planned to do, because it's actually appealing to those who spend a lot on the game.

    Accordingly, there are more high-priced items included in Anniversary discounts simply because there are more available to include.


    The fair comparison would be whether there are a similar amount of lower-priced items this year as there have been in previous years, not whether the ratio has changed.

    Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

  • hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Hoping for character slots this week 😥

    +++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

  • Blude.6812Blude.6812 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Still wimpering along, hopefully some helpful stuff in the last weeks (and at the same or lower price-- but I doubt that will happen)

  • I hyped so much! Well, I hope we get there soon. No, I haven't really followed sales for some years, just reading some commentary here this time.
    I have such expectations for tomorrow. Shiny excellent things, right? Right?
    Now, to continue planning my new future characters. <3

    let the sky fall

  • OutOfOrder.3719OutOfOrder.3719 Member ✭✭✭

    I want bag expansion slots! Only because I have maxed out bank slots and shared inventory slots !

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @OutOfOrder.3719 said:
    I want bag expansion slots!

    I am waiting for those, too, on one of my newer characters.

  • Zuldari.3940Zuldari.3940 Member ✭✭✭

    Still waiting for those account utility items. Looks like its been mainly cosmetics.

    Coo! Quaggan Love's You! ♥♥♥

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.