Does anet want us to quit the game for 2-3 weeks till next season? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Does anet want us to quit the game for 2-3 weeks till next season?

Hex.8714Hex.8714 Member ✭✭
edited August 8, 2019 in PVP

Is that literally what the devs want? And some players might potentially never come back after playing something else for that perioid. Theres literally nothing to do and no reason to play unraked since theres no rewards and its just getting farmed by 5 man premades or fighting bronze players since theres no matchmaking. Contrary to overwatch the season restarts like 2 hours after it ends, why in gw2 you have to wait almost 1 month?

I just dont get the reasoning behind it from a business standpoint why would you want your customers to leave your product and potentially never come back because of such a long wait, it makes no sense. Why not just restart the season immediately after the previous one has ended?

Comments

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

There is more to the game than just PvP, so people who want to do other things now have some time to do that. Also, you know, maybe some people just like having a break before it goes back to being sweaty.

Very passive aggressively chuckling, because I'm totally not mad on the Internet.

• BadMed.3846BadMed.3846 Member ✭✭✭

Either just end the seasons and give us good rewards for playing or let seasons roll on the very next day. The break is pointless when you roll out patches mid season anyway. Does it achieve anything at all?

• Hex.8714Hex.8714 Member ✭✭

@Blocki.4931 said:
    There is more to the game than just PvP, so people who want to do other things now have some time to do that. Also, you know, maybe some people just like having a break before it goes back to being sweaty.

So you re telling me that when the season is active you re locked out of pve/wvw and forced to do only spvp? I dont understand that logic. Why is there not a pve/raid season where players cannot join open world pve/ raids / wvw and have to wait 2 weeks. Why do they have to lock pvp players out of content for 2 weeks but not other game modes.

• Get good and do ATs and theorycraft

• Khalisto.5780Khalisto.5780 Member ✭✭✭

i kinda like it

I often get matched against top 100 ppl, thing that never happens during season since i bounce between plat 1 and gold 3

It's also a good time to learn a new class to fill those gaps where your main doesnt have good match ups, or even try out builds that are constantly beating you on a 1v1, learn their cooldoows and animations

@LolLookAtMyAP.8394 said:
    Get good and do ATs and theorycraft

i dont like to play with other people why would i do ATS. unless they add an option to solo Q for AT and in game voice chat.

• @Hex.8714 said:

i dont like to play with other people why would i do ATS. unless they add an option to solo Q for AT and in game voice chat.

Sounds like a personal problem.

• crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭

i dont mind chill out for a month, but i do think they need to do the match up like the way rank does...
    ... at time get paired up with absolutely bad players, other times the opposing side get crushed

the other day i carried my entire team with a healer, still got the most dmg and kills ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ they tried to 4v1 to kill me, still survived; i'm just a lower gold in ranked

[RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭
  • Sampson.2403Sampson.2403 Member ✭✭✭

Yeah I don't understand this 2 week break either. I would be curious to hear their reasoning for it as well.

• yanniell.1236yanniell.1236 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 8, 2019

Since now they are applying patches mid-season and even locking traits out mid-season(LOL!), there is no reason for the off season to be more than a few days/one week tops.

• Badcat.7320Badcat.7320 Member ✭✭

to make you go to pve

• Eurantien.4632Eurantien.4632 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 9, 2019

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

• Azzizz.2518Azzizz.2518 Member ✭✭

I m going to spend some time in wvw

• I don't mind it so much really, but I feel you on the rewards side of things. Unranked usually gets a lot more challenging in the off-season, but the rewards are still the same.

Remove Ranked DuoQ pls&ty

• Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 8, 2019

I think the gap should be max a week.

Because Anet does not drop balance until mid season, I think a one day break is enough.

Let's just get the ranked oven cooking.

You take away my sole means of making any decent gold/income for 2 weeks with this pace.

Tag for bags isn't my thing...I'd rather t-bag bads.

Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• @Hex.8714 said:
    Is that literally what the devs want? And some players might potentially never come back after playing something else for that perioid. Theres literally nothing to do and no reason to play unraked since theres no rewards and its just getting farmed by 5 man premades or fighting bronze players since theres no matchmaking. Contrary to overwatch the season restarts like 2 hours after it ends, why in gw2 you have to wait almost 1 month?

I just dont get the reasoning behind it from a business standpoint why would you want your customers to leave your product and potentially never come back because of such a long wait, it makes no sense. Why not just restart the season immediately after the previous one has ended?

Dude we have always such a break between season because in that time the big balance patch comes and will tested. So get ready to update and test you built.

• Sovari.7246Sovari.7246 Member ✭✭

They should do a 2v2 season after a normal season ends just to keep things more interesting

• sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Azzizz.2518 said:
    I m going to spend some time in wvw

Thats what I used to do till they introduced Warkitty.. Now if I wvw I find myself at enemy spawns unmounted looking at 2 mounted players 300 range from me waiting for me to use my CDs before dismounting..
    If I dont use any skills and not even move, eventually they ride off.

booooooooooring....

• BadMed.3846BadMed.3846 Member ✭✭✭

@Lord of the Fire.6870 said:

@Hex.8714 said:

Dude we have always such a break between season because in that time the big balance patch comes and will tested. So get ready to update and test you built.

Balance patches land mid season mostly.

• Xar.6279Xar.6279 Member ✭✭
    edited August 9, 2019

@Hex.8714 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:

Why do they have to lock pvp players out of content for 2 weeks but not other game modes.

Actually raiders are locked for a year :P

• Yannir.4132Yannir.4132 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Xar.6279 said:

@Hex.8714 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:

Why do they have to lock pvp players out of content for 2 weeks but not other game modes.

7 wings in 4 years doesn't equate into a year per wing. It's a bit under 7 months.
    But I do appreciate the sentiment.

@Xar.6279 said:

@Hex.8714 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:

theres a difference between not being able to play and not getting updates. Spvp hasent gotten updated in 7 years since release so yeah. Unless you count the addition of the new maps but still no new game modes.

• Quadox.7834Quadox.7834 Member ✭✭✭

Maybe change ranked queue to 2v2 queue in offseason. I.E. alternate 5v5 and 2v2 seasons.

// Yanim

• Rukia.4802Rukia.4802 Member ✭✭

I don't get it either, it made me resub to WoW cuz I was bored and missed my paladin. Ya done goofed with this stupid dead time. No one plays pvp during offseason and those who do are just running troll builds and not playing to win so it ends up a clown fiesta more than pvp already is.

TIME FOR A CRUSADE

• Swagg.9236Swagg.9236 Member ✭✭✭✭

There are zero things to theorycraft in the creative desert of a PvP scene. The playerbase only fires 7 neurons once a balance patch drops because reading those is all the skill anyone really needs in order to become the next flavor of the month meta god.

• MyPuppy.8970MyPuppy.8970 Member ✭✭✭✭

No they don't.

• Itz Jay.8941Itz Jay.8941 Member ✭✭✭

@Quadox.7834 said:
    Maybe change ranked queue to 2v2 queue in offseason. I.E. alternate 5v5 and 2v2 seasons.

That's what needs to happen, they need to make some short season in-between seasons that's something a bit different. Overall this game needs a massive overhaul to pvp. I have now finally come to the decision that I actually don't enjoy pve content in this game anymore since it's so repetitive and there isn't enough enjoyable content to play with anymore so I will now only be playing pvp in gw2, I imagine there are many in the same situation as me, it would be nice to see some work put into pvp to make it all more enjoyable on a day to day basis.

But then nothing will ever be done about this game, there were supposed to be more legionaries for pvp and how many years has that been going on? So it's no wonder they can't make any new maps or alternate new game modes during off season....

• Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 11, 2019

tbh I think constant ranked would make more ppl quit then waiting a month for season reset. all that burnout and bs buildup would accumulate quickly. a week of down time sounds reasonable tho.

you don't know till you know, ya know.

• Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 11, 2019

@Hex.8714 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:

So you re telling me that when the season is active you re locked out of pve/wvw and forced to do only spvp? I dont understand that logic. Why is there not a pve/raid season where players cannot join open world pve/ raids / wvw and have to wait 2 weeks. Why do they have to lock pvp players out of content for 2 weeks but not other game modes.

There is, every single day and every single week.

It's called daily fractals and weekly raid rewards.

I mean I wouldn't be opposed to a similar system for pvp. Allow only x progression per day, force people to play the entire season and beyond to get their rank and rewards. Somehow I'm not sure that's wht you had in mind though.

• SkyShroud.2865SkyShroud.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭

initially
    i thought the idea of those break is for players to do the new pve contents
    as years go by, everything seems to become chaotic
    anet doesn't seems to be running as a organized entity anymore

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International PvX Guild
    Henge of Denravi Server
    www.gw2time.com

--

Explanations of WvW Structures & Populations Issues

maybe they just want people to actually not play ranked and pretend it dosent exist since its such a meme at this point

• Maybe you can use this time to improve yourself or try other game modes if you already good

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.