Scrapper WvW build

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Hello,

I was initially going with a CC heavy scrapper build, however i've tweaked the build a few times after testing and decided to go CC/might stacking. I know FT would be decent as well, however that may be altered down the road. IDC about turrets and think stealth gyro/well...thingy is th ebetter elite (wall defending would swap to mortar).

Any constructive criticism?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PegAo6lRwEZYsG2JWcPuNVA-zRRYDhJGN4yotEI2CQtZRPzI-e

In my opinion, the build lacks offensive skills. From armor/runes I guess you want to do direct damage. Pistol is pretty weak for that. The only real damage skill would be battering ram. And the blast gyro which you can see 5s in advance before hitting.I think rifle and hammer might both be better options.

Transfer condition sigil also seems to be a waste without condition power and the ICD.Interrupt sigils might be a good fit. Absorption and severance have neat effects.

Direct Damage is an end goal, however due to me always looking for different ways to do "different" builds, and the synergy of might stacking on the pistol auto and the perm increased crit chance (the whole firearms line for a DPS build), this build may work as a roamingish build.

As for Sigils, Looking at them again I will have to agree with you there on Absorption and severance. I initially tried with hammer and with the way a lot of classes are in melee (strong melee ranged, some strong PAoE) I was aiming to be able to stay at a distance and I dont link how clunky rifle is.

I appreciate your thoughts tho and updated a sigil. Anymore thoughts/ideas are greatly appreciated as well as other synergies I may have missed. Below is the updated build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PegAo6lRwEZYsG2JWcPuNVA-zRRYDhJGN4zoNJQLLA1ML6ZGB-e

Here my thoughts:

With shield I would definitively go for over-shield trait instead of the emergency-heal, as it is very situational that you will be even able to make good use of the second heal (below 25% there is a high Chance that you are spiked to death before you can cast it). Over shield will save you a lot more of HP due to the lower block CD and the protection.

Although you have a lot of CC skills, the majority of them is at Close range. So in case that you get kited, you won't be able to make use of that CC:

The build has low damage potential (no spike, low pressure), but may be a nice supportive-role when you roam in smaller Groups of 2-5 ppl. I would say the build is able to bring down glassy enemies, but it is not enough dmg against oponents with high regen capapbilities, such as warrior, druids/soulbeasts, dragonhunters, weavers, scrappers/holos.

Also, despite of elixir C, you will probably have Trouble fighting against ranged condition pressure (i.e. scourges/condi engis/condi thieves).

My suggestions would be to go for explosives/alchemy/scrapper and Change to hammer and Switch blast gyro for grenade kit.

@Sovereign.1093 said:is minstrel scrapper still a good option? x anti toxin runes?

It still holds up. It has no way near the same personal sustain as pre-patch (and a little less group HP/s from the loss of RR) and you now have to swallow having -400 Vit to get access to Bulwark, Purge and Sneak Gyros if you run the latter two, but the abilities and traits from core engineer that made it strong support were largely untouched. The issue is that even pre-patch you could go down to spike damage and post patch that's even worse, even with the new trait Damage Dampener.

@Ambrosius Custard.8137 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:is minstrel scrapper still a good option? x anti toxin runes?

It still holds up. It has no way near the same personal sustain as pre-patch (and a little less group HP/s from the loss of RR) and you now have to swallow having -400 Vit to get access to Bulwark, Purge and Sneak Gyros if you run the latter two, but the abilities and traits from core engineer that made it strong support were largely untouched. The issue is that even pre-patch you could go down to spike damage and post patch that's even worse, even with the new trait Damage Dampener.

thats fine =) its not op now; so we.actually got to use skills

Update: With pistol, I can keep around 15ish stacks of might. More single target than I anticipated so tried swapping mines for FT. Not a fan of the updated Sneak "gyro" so been alternating between supply crate and Elixir X. Also tried adding Rocket Boots for a bit more mobility. I initially tried with hammer, however with the strength of AoE I was looking to stay ranged. I may go back to hammer, maybe look at grenades, however iirc all ground target so no idea if I would hit for enough damage to compensate for that "miss chance"

@"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:Update: With pistol, I can keep around 15ish stacks of might. More single target than I anticipated so tried swapping mines for FT. Not a fan of the updated Sneak "gyro" so been alternating between supply crate and Elixir X. Also tried adding Rocket Boots for a bit more mobility. I initially tried with hammer, however with the strength of AoE I was looking to stay ranged. I may go back to hammer, maybe look at grenades, however iirc all ground target so no idea if I would hit for enough damage to compensate for that "miss chance"

If you aren't running sneak or bulwark gyro, I'd honestly consider just running core engi if you prefer supply drop. The heal and condi cleanse on the toolbelt is just too good to pass up compared to nonefunction gyro.

@Ambrosius Custard.8137 said:

@"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:Update: With pistol, I can keep around 15ish stacks of might. More single target than I anticipated so tried swapping mines for FT. Not a fan of the updated Sneak "gyro" so been alternating between supply crate and Elixir X. Also tried adding Rocket Boots for a bit more mobility. I initially tried with hammer, however with the strength of AoE I was looking to stay ranged. I may go back to hammer, maybe look at grenades, however iirc all ground target so no idea if I would hit for enough damage to compensate for that "miss chance"

If you aren't running sneak or bulwark gyro, I'd honestly consider just running core engi if you prefer supply drop. The heal and condi cleanse on the toolbelt is just too good to pass up compared to nonefunction gyro.

May be something for me to look into. I do like the blast gyro tho. I don;t wanna scrap my idea. My main goal from the beginning was a CC heavy set up using a non meta setup

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:Update: With pistol, I can keep around 15ish stacks of might. More single target than I anticipated so tried swapping mines for FT. Not a fan of the updated Sneak "gyro" so been alternating between supply crate and Elixir X. Also tried adding Rocket Boots for a bit more mobility. I initially tried with hammer, however with the strength of AoE I was looking to stay ranged. I may go back to hammer, maybe look at grenades, however iirc all ground target so no idea if I would hit for enough damage to compensate for that "miss chance"

May be something for me to look into. I do like the blast gyro tho. I don;t wanna scrap my idea. My main goal from the beginning was a CC heavy set up using a non meta setup

Even so, I would never discount what the meta gets right just for the sake of being "non-meta". Thats becoming an even bigger issue now, since it looks like the devs are balancing around directly damaging the meta builds, leaving even fewer build options that make sense to run.

At any rate.... running pistol gives you nothing to capitalize all those power stats on, despite the extra might it generates (which isn't a lot given how slow it is). Hammer and Rifle both have extremely heavy hitting skills that work at short range; but more importantly, they both have extremely good mobility skills to keep you in short range. If defense is a concern, Hammer has a block, evades and ranged stun to setup attacks, while Rifle can kite and leap in any direction for better positions. Considering your have Stealth Gyro, you can quickly relocate while invisible, and/or wait for an opening to unload while your target is stuck trying to second guess you.

Also change Inv Adept to Smoke field when disabled, and anti Corrosion plating so your Gyro F1 act as condi clears that you're severely lacking. Then change to Mass Momentum. You can also switch to Strength runes in increase might duration (and stack height as a result), and change your chest and pants to Maurder to make up for the Crit chance. Severance Sigil should have good up time anyway, and instead of Air, go with Absorption to strip boons.

Since Hammer generates Might on its own, you get bonus might from crits (which trigger bleeds, which triggers sanguine array),I would recommend changing from Blast Gyro to Throw mine, which is very similar, but cycles a lot faster. Its harder to use, but enemies rarely notice it, and can be used creatively.

The last problem is that you have no Stun breaks..... and in WvW thats a HUGE problem in all fights. Since all your stability and condi clears don't work while disabled (including the changes I made), it makes a lot of sense to change Elixir C to Purge Gyro or something that offers a stun break. Elixir U, Slick boots, Elixir S (which gives you stealth, and can change elite to Elixir X), or Thumper Turret.

(shrug)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PeQAIlRwEZLsNmKWcPftVA-zRRYDhWJGFE1nR3SgWWAqYW0zMC-e

@starlinvf.1358 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:Update: With pistol, I can keep around 15ish stacks of might. More single target than I anticipated so tried swapping mines for FT. Not a fan of the updated Sneak "gyro" so been alternating between supply crate and Elixir X. Also tried adding Rocket Boots for a bit more mobility. I initially tried with hammer, however with the strength of AoE I was looking to stay ranged. I may go back to hammer, maybe look at grenades, however iirc all ground target so no idea if I would hit for enough damage to compensate for that "miss chance"

Even so, I would never discount what the meta gets right just for the sake of being "non-meta". Thats becoming an even bigger issue now, since it looks like the devs are balancing around directly damaging the meta builds, leaving even fewer build options that make sense to run.

At any rate.... running pistol gives you nothing to capitalize all those power stats on, despite the extra might it generates (which isn't a lot given how slow it is). Hammer and Rifle both have extremely heavy hitting skills that work at short range; but more importantly, they both have extremely good mobility skills to keep you in short range. If defense is a concern, Hammer has a block, evades and ranged stun to setup attacks, while Rifle can kite and leap in any direction for better positions. Considering your have Stealth Gyro, you can quickly relocate while invisible, and/or wait for an opening to unload while your target is stuck trying to second guess you.

Also change Inv Adept to Smoke field when disabled, and anti Corrosion plating so your Gyro F1 act as condi clears that you're severely lacking. Then change to Mass Momentum. You can also switch to Strength runes in increase might duration (and stack height as a result), and change your chest and pants to Maurder to make up for the Crit chance. Severance Sigil should have good up time anyway, and instead of Air, go with Absorption to strip boons.

Since Hammer generates Might on its own, you get bonus might from crits (which trigger bleeds, which triggers sanguine array),I would recommend changing from Blast Gyro to Throw mine, which is very similar, but cycles a lot faster. Its harder to use, but enemies rarely notice it, and can be used creatively.

The last problem is that you have no Stun breaks..... and in WvW thats a HUGE problem in all fights. Since all your stability and condi clears don't work while disabled (including the changes I made), it makes a lot of sense to change Elixir C to Purge Gyro or something that offers a stun break. Elixir U, Slick boots, Elixir S (which gives you stealth, and can change elite to Elixir X), or Thumper Turret.

(shrug)

There is def a lot of good ideas here, some i will def look into. I am scrapping the pistols for now. May look at Rifle again despite how clunky I believe it is. With the PBAoE spam I like to stay a bit ranged.