Why Anet SHOULD bring more music! Save GW2

JeDa.6231

Dear Anet,it was a long journey in gw2. As a gw1 veteran i over thought my feelings for the gw2 game.Why should i spend more of my time?As you get older you realize that gw1 was your childhood (except with other things in real life).But you also realize that you should spend more time in reallife. So as a person who dont want tothrow past things (which shaped my life e.g. improved my social understanding) simply away, i asked myselfwhat could anet do to reach that feeling of a lifetime game.It IS a great game, but there is no feeling like in gw1.But first: What made the gw1 game such a great game?Do you remember? The first time enter the login screen of GW1?! That fucking awesome Music?You felt like a Hero.... NO YOU WAS THE HERO SAVING AND EXPLORING THE WORLD!every time i hear that sound, i get goosebump and want to wear a sword to fight a battle!HEAR IT

2:56 !!! That is why i was playing Gw1 !do you feel it? that is a game!But WHY do i compare gw1 to gw2?Dont you know the saying "the first impression counts"?!If I WANT a game for spending fucking 6 Years I WANT a great first impression!What touches most on the human heart? Right - EMOTIONS!What brings most of the Emotions? Right - MUSICMusic and Environment, i think 3/4 of your player base like that before other things in the game.So Anet if you want have ppl playing your game make good music. BUT....Dont think simple! its not only bringing good music. The music has to fit to the Environment!I dont say that gw2 has not perfect music (hear the Rata Novus Soundtrack.... OMG AWESOME),but its everywhere. Gw2 has such a beautiful landscape (a littlebit less of colors, but hey thats ok).Some Songs dont fit to the zone im current playing.Example: a light zone in Orr could have a really nice sound with a littlebit of secret, the temple zones some holy spirit music.its not only the music, some songs are not that deep (shallow?/ too simple).. i dont know how to explain (they dont touch my feelings for the zone).Fuck i dont want to leave a game which i actually (sorry for my bad english) like.I love the fight system, i love the possibilities, ok the raids... meh they are good but the elitism..., i love the landscape,the story (it could better with the right music), the whole pve thing. I would sit 2 hours in 1 zone to hear that special soundtrack of that zone.So Anet you dont have to change the whole game, only make special sounds for each zone (Bind Music to different Zones e.g Orr => Temple Soundtrack / Camp Soundtrack etc.)and People will stay voluntarily to enjoy the game.Btw you do a great job to satisfy every playing person! PLZ try touch ppl hearts~~____~~!

Thanks for reading =)

GreetingsYour TimeWave / Jeda

Personally I don't like Jeremy Soule's work in the Guild Wars franchise much. I don't have lots of favorite music moments from GW1, I spent most of my time using my own playlist in the background because the music was too bland and boring. Guild Wars 2 is similar, with a few good pieces here and there (Ascalon piece is great, the intro theme was awesome and so on) but it's after Season 1 that things really picked up for me in the franchise when it comes to music.

Battle on the Breachmaker, the Heart of Thorns character select theme, Aurene's theme and so on. But what I found superior in any way is the combat music, JS's combat music wasn't combat-y enough for me, very few pieces (in both games) evoked combat. Yes he wrote some great exploration pieces but his combat theme were so uninspired and bland. Where is the action? Like the work he did on Skyrim for example. Bleh.

Ever since they stopped working with him, the music has improved a lot in the franchise. I much prefer the works of Maclaine Diemer and Lena Chappelle and I'm sure I'm missing a lot of names but those two come to my mind when I think of Guild Wars music.

GW wouldn't of been the same without the music. I still hear the old music today and instantly get transported back. Masterpieces of setting the tone and mood of an area. Although there are some great great pieces of music written for GW2, I dunno it just doesn't have the feels of the first game (apart from the epic season end cut scene which was perfection in my eyes.)

I typically turn off background music when I play games. I find it distracting, and quite frankly, usually annoying. Not so with GW1. It is the only game I have the soundtrack to, and listen to it even when I am not playing. The GW1 music was really good. Not sure if a better soundtrack would help GW2, but it could not hurt ha ha

I mean, to be fair, Anet does tend to release new music with Expansions/Living World - although much of their ost appears once or twice in the personal story and never appears again.

I much prefered their "overture" theme to their current lobby music though

It was just... stronger. The current lobby music is too slow.

@"Westenev.5289" said:I mean, to be fair, Anet does tend to release new music with Expansions/Living World - although much of their ost appears once or twice in the personal story and never appears again.

I much prefered their "overture" theme to their current lobby music though

It was just... stronger. The current lobby music is too slow.

I normally have music muted but this theme really did strike a chord with me. It had character.

Want to see them how they will progress from this point onwards when it comes to music with Diemer having left the company and Raine no longer doing contract work.

There will likely be some contracted stuff from Diemer but still i wonder if they will bri g a new name full time.