Nerf mesmer — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Nerf mesmer

remove all of its CC
mesmer should not be allowed to stun at all
its an illusionist it doesnt need stun

Comments

• TAIKA.1903TAIKA.1903 Member ✭✭

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:
    Mesmer should create illusions of other stuff and not them self, like they can summon a fridge to drop on you, or summon a giant whale, at least the real mesmer can be targeted.

If you can't target or distinguish which one is real below 1 sec, that is your problem. It is really easy, please.

• Tayga.3192Tayga.3192 Member ✭✭✭

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:
    Mesmer should have never happend in the first place.

Change my mind.

Mesmer™©®

• I find it funny the most annoying class in Gw1 is also the most annoying class in Gw2. Da irony :scream:

• Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Tayga.3192 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Change my mind.

Mesmer™©®

Franz Mesmer

Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

Mesmer™©®

Franz Mesmer

Ah of course

• @Briearios.8407 said:
    I find it funny the most annoying class in Gw1 is also the most annoying class in Gw2. Da irony :scream:

The irony lies in the fact that by dumbing down the game ANet shoo'ed away most skillful gw1 vets and attracted a bunch of people who should be playing with playdoh instead.
    Hence in gw1 no one cried about mes, except when Visions of Regret was op, and in gw2 people cry about mes since the game released.

• Axl.8924Axl.8924 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10, 2019

@Briearios.8407 said:
    I find it funny the most annoying class in Gw1 is also the most annoying class in Gw2. Da irony :scream:

im surprised I thought necromancers were with all the corruption. People first cried about necros and when they got nerfed they started crying about other classes such as mesmers rangers holosmiths. Heck necro is the OG class that got complained about before any of the pof classes came out.

Also, I don-t know if mesmers should be nerfed anymore I mean they already got nerfed pretty hard.

Here is my list of characters i got so far:

Elementalist 80 with tempest:Talman nul
    Necromancer 80 with reaper:Zex vokar
    Mesmer level 80 no chrono yet:Klanga voosh.
    Level 80 Ranger with druid spec Jedkhan.

• sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Axl.8924 said:

@Briearios.8407 said:

im surprised I thought necromancers were with all the corruption. People first cried about necros and when they got nerfed they started crying about other classes such as mesmers rangers holosmiths. Heck necro is the OG class that got complained about before any of the pof classes came out.

Also, I don-t know if mesmers should be nerfed anymore I mean they already got nerfed pretty hard.

You sure it wasn't DD cele ele?
    Maybe the ranger petting zoo build?
    Hambow?
    Or the infamous turret engie?

• Axl.8924Axl.8924 Member ✭✭✭✭

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Briearios.8407 said:

You sure it wasn't DD cele ele?
    Maybe the ranger petting zoo build?
    Hambow?
    Or the infamous turret engie?

Those too, but I wasn't around during a lot of those stuff before 2017

Here is my list of characters i got so far:

Elementalist 80 with tempest:Talman nul
    Necromancer 80 with reaper:Zex vokar
    Mesmer level 80 no chrono yet:Klanga voosh.
    Level 80 Ranger with druid spec Jedkhan.

• MyPuppy.8970MyPuppy.8970 Member ✭✭✭✭

Pretty sure ele was the first class complained about to get where it is now. Thanks to troll builds videos (Daphoenix ,etc) at a time when people haven't discovered their dodge button, movement abilities, and thought red circles were purely cosmetic. Also RtL still being the only movement skill to get a cd penalty for doing what it is supposed to do, punishing disengagements, inciting melee range because so much HP and toughness shouldn't go to waste.

• @Lagosta.9683 said:

@Briearios.8407 said:

The irony lies in the fact that by dumbing down the game ANet shoo'ed away most skillful gw1 vets and attracted a bunch of people who should be playing with playdoh instead.
    Hence in gw1 no one cried about mes, except when Visions of Regret was op, and in gw2 people cry about mes since the game released.

I don't know if Gw1 had a forums. Never visited it. I was so innocent back then but Mesmer was a problem in pvp. Hence why everyone pinged Mesmer as the must kill target. Visions of Regret was op but it wasn't the only thing. I had a random build back then with VOR, Backfire and I can't remember the other skills right now. I'd have to log into Gw1 and see if I can remember but basically it was a bunch of hexes on a target. I put them on a monk and he one shot himself because of VOR, Backfire and the other skills. I don't know if you recall the energy drain build? You drained a target's energy until it got to 0 and then killed them because they didn't have energy and weren't activating any skills. The angry pms and shouts I got in map chat. Even in hero battles on my Mesmer I fought a guy and he said "Good fight but you're an kitten" because he couldn't do anything. I personally don't like Mesmer in Gw2. Would have loved if they brought over Mesmer from Gw1 into Gw2.

• @Briearios.8407 said:

@Lagosta.9683 said:

@Briearios.8407 said:

I don't know if Gw1 had a forums. Never visited it. I was so innocent back then but Mesmer was a problem in pvp. Hence why everyone pinged Mesmer as the must kill target. Visions of Regret was op but it wasn't the only thing. I had a random build back then with VOR, Backfire and I can't remember the other skills right now. I'd have to log into Gw1 and see if I can remember but basically it was a bunch of hexes on a target. I put them on a monk and he one shot himself because of VOR, Backfire and the other skills. I don't know if you recall the energy drain build? You drained a target's energy until it got to 0 and then killed them because they didn't have energy and weren't activating any skills. The angry pms and shouts I got in map chat. Even in hero battles on my Mesmer I fought a guy and he said "Good fight but you're an kitten" because he couldn't do anything. I personally don't like Mesmer in Gw2. Would have loved if they brought over Mesmer from Gw1 into Gw2.

GW had forums, not official ones, but most people gathered at GW guru.
    Targets were based by order of importance not by opness, monks were the first target, mesmers were targeted if too much pressure was put on monks, since mesmer arsenal was mainly anticaster.
    That build with VoR, backfire and probably wastrel's worry couldnt kill a good Monk, alone that is, and VoR was later nerfed so the damage wasn't stacked too high with backfire empathy and the likes.

Point is if mesmer in gw2 was gw1 type of mesmer these guys had ragequit long time ago. Echo+blackout for example meant perma-dazed. But you don't even need to get that far since mes was an interrupt machine, you would only cast whatever mesmer allowed, akin to counter spell blue deck in MtG.
    And this is something these play-doh guys don't understand.

• Yeah. Those people that complain about mesmer would have probably played a Ele with meteorshower back then,and complain why the mesmer interupts it every time. Mesmer in Gw1 was awesome, now in Gw2 with the klones and kitten its just garbage gameplay. I was honestly disappointed when i played the mesmer in Gw2 but pulled through. However it never came close to the Gw1 mesmer.

• Kumouta.4985Kumouta.4985 Member ✭✭✭

mesmers should explode and die when using f1,2,3 or 4

• Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭

change title to nerf mirage. mesmer is fine. chrono needs help.

Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@Kumouta.4985 said:

Except chrono

• Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭

@Tayga.3192 said:

@Kumouta.4985 said:

Except chrono

chrono goes back in time, to the good ol days before he was born.

• Burnfall.9573Burnfall.9573 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12, 2019

Until Mesmer return to its roots; to its calling....
    https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Mesmer
    https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guide_to_playing_as_a_mesmer

Nothing will change!

edited August 12, 2019

@Lyndina.7984 said:
    Yeah. Those people that complain about mesmer would have probably played a Ele with meteorshower back then,and complain why the mesmer interupts it every time. Mesmer in Gw1 was awesome, now in Gw2 with the klones and kitten its just garbage gameplay. I was honestly disappointed when i played the mesmer in Gw2 but pulled through. However it never came close to the Gw1 mesmer.

+1

http://www.toptiertactics.com/14669/guild-wars-2-how-arenanet-ruined-the-mesmer/

edited August 12, 2019

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Change my mind.

+1

(Don't change your mind :)

Afterall; this is not Gwen's Mesmer in Guild Wars . In other word; i agree with you

-This Mesmer should have never happened in the first place-

--side note--

'Guild Wars (GvG) [Mesmer, Main]'

• Zenix.6198Zenix.6198 Member ✭✭✭

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

True.
    It already has been said a bazillion times, but Mirage simply is inherently broken when it comes to pvp.
    Its core mechanics alone are problematic enough to call it "flawed by design" when it comes to player combat.

Being able to dodge while stunned or immobilized already completely shuts down basic combo-play (like CC into burst).
    On top of that mirage cloak lets them dodge without interrupting casts, which on its own already is pretty broken.

Then, while chrono and core specs rely on a builder/spender mechanic (build clones, spend with shatters), IH mirage doesnt even need it's spender mechanic to deal good damage. Shatters are nice additional burst, but simply not required to sufficiently pressure somebody with a continuous stream of aids without the use of CD-based "key abilities".

I mean, there is a reason mirage already "died" like .....what? .... 4-5 times already and still manages to find new builds that supply a never-ending stream of tears from the community .....even tho, admittedly, some of it is nothing more than noise.
    It genuinely is impressive, how a spec can get nerfed THAT many times (on top of a rework for one condition) and still be this problematic.

• @geekiedude.4731 said:
    remove all of its CC
    mesmer should not be allowed to stun at all
    its an illusionist it doesnt need stun

just hope you are being sarcastic...

• Widmo.3186Widmo.3186 Member ✭✭✭

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Change my mind.

+1

Afterall; this is not Gwen's Mesmer in Guild Wars . In other word; i agree with you

--side note--

Dude, what is this game? It looks like actually skill-based and balanced with lots of team and skill combinations. And I heard that there's mesmer class in this game, is this perhaps footage from Alpha version of gw3? Cant wait to see this live!

Dont mind me, I just randomly spam 35 skill-buttons

• Ziggityzog.7389Ziggityzog.7389 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12, 2019

@Widmo.3186 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Change my mind.

+1

--side note--

Dude, what is this game? It looks like actually skill-based and balanced with lots of team and skill combinations. And I heard that there's mesmer class in this game, is this perhaps footage from Alpha version of gw3? Cant wait to see this live!

That is a way older but better game (pvp wise). Sadly I believe from gw1 to gw2 all the people that knew how to make a game left or were let go. That's why pvp was epic in gw1 but it's been a sad sad joke since it started here with circlequest and spam wars.

@Zenix.6198 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

True.
    It already has been said a bazillion times, but Mirage simply is inherently broken when it comes to pvp.
    Its core mechanics alone are problematic enough to call it "flawed by design" when it comes to player combat.

Being able to dodge while stunned or immobilized already completely shuts down basic combo-play (like CC into burst).
    On top of that mirage cloak lets them dodge without interrupting casts, which on its own already is pretty broken.

Then, while chrono and core specs rely on a builder/spender mechanic (build clones, spend with shatters), IH mirage doesnt even need it's spender mechanic to deal good damage. Shatters are nice additional burst, but simply not required to sufficiently pressure somebody with a continuous stream of aids without the use of CD-based "key abilities".

I mean, there is a reason mirage already "died" like .....what? .... 4-5 times already and still manages to find new builds that supply a never-ending stream of tears from the community .....even tho, admittedly, some of it is nothing more than noise.
    It genuinely is impressive, how a spec can get nerfed THAT many times (on top of a rework for one condition) and still be this problematic.

in a world where warrior pulls out 4-10k hits out of their kitten while having 4+ hard CC, with multitude of mobility and aoe, where holo leaps for 4,5k + while pooping random 3k aoe hits every few secounds, or drops the hammer from stealth for 8k or more. There is few ways to survive it, its not mirage thats broken by "design" its the entire nature of most meta specs that are broken, forcing other classes to have ridiculous survivability to stand a slight chance of living throught this nonsence.
    make core mesmer and just try surviving spellbreaker for 20s, good luck have fun with that.
    Mirage is necessary evil untill brainless spam for 4k+ hits gets delt with.
    You can pretend that counterplay to CC is DoDgInG, but reality is you WILLG ET HIT and against most classes its donk, 0,5s cast time ( faster with quickness) and you are gone. Dodge while CC is a bandaid solution, contrary to popular belief its punished by not having the ability to use ambush skill.
    Most CC last longer then ambush anyways, so the clone summoned dies, you still take damage and waste potential damage from ambush.

• Zenix.6198Zenix.6198 Member ✭✭✭

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Zenix.6198 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

True.

in a world where warrior pulls out 4-10k hits out of their kitten while having 4+ hard CC, with multitude of mobility and aoe, where holo leaps for 4,5k + while pooping random 3k aoe hits every few secounds, or drops the hammer from stealth for 8k or more. There is few ways to survive it, its not mirage thats broken by "design" its the entire nature of most meta specs that are broken, forcing other classes to have ridiculous survivability to stand a slight chance of living throught this nonsence.
    make core mesmer and just try surviving spellbreaker for 20s, good luck have fun with that.
    You can pretend that counterplay to CC is DoDgInG, but reality is you WILLG ET HIT and against most classes its donk, 0,5s cast time ( faster with quickness) and you are gone. Dodge while CC is a bandaid solution, contrary to popular belief its punished by not having the ability to use ambush skill.
    Most CC last longer then ambush anyways, so the clone summoned dies, you still take damage and waste potential damage from ambush.

You are missing the entire point of my post by a mile, if the basis for your argument is "but what about class X/Y/Z?!"

Cause following that logic every class should be able to dodge while stunned.
    Or you think I have fun getting hit by a 9k arcing slice into a 7k whirling attack in a 1s timeframe?
    And sure, while I (as an ele) can resustain myself with healing, the difference here is, that I have to invest into it, trait and stat wise.

While all the benefits mirage cloak offers (ambushes, dodge while CCd, dodge without interrupting your cast), simply get handed to you when you just pick up the trailine. You dont have to choose between or invest into anything.
    It's a straight-up, massive buff to a core mechanic.

Obviously there are issues with the classes you mentioned.
    like Warrior getting essentially 1.4k extra power for free. Or holo with their ridiculously skewed damage output to survivability ratio.
    But using those busted specs as justification for the existence of another busted spec is a slippery slope that would just lead to more powercreep.

@Zenix.6198 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Zenix.6198 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

True.

You are missing the entire point of my post by a mile, if the basis for your argument is "but what about class X/Y/Z?!"

Cause following that logic every class should be able to dodge while stunned.
    Or you think I have fun getting hit by a 9k arcing slice into a 7k whirling attack in a 1s timeframe?
    And sure, while I (as an ele) can resustain myself with healing, the difference here is, that I have to invest into it, trait and stat wise.

While all the benefits mirage cloak offers (ambushes, dodge while CCd, dodge without interrupting your cast), simply get handed to you when you just pick up the trailine. You dont have to choose between or invest into anything.
    It's a straight-up, massive buff to a core mechanic.

Obviously there are issues with the classes you mentioned.
    like Warrior getting essentially 1.4k extra power for free. Or holo with their ridiculously skewed damage output to survivability ratio.
    But using those busted specs as justification for the existence of another busted spec is a slippery slope that would just lead to more powercreep.

i think you missed the point, every meta class bursts you down in 1s, or fills you with condis that are clear or die.
    warrior,holo,ranger,thief,revenant,ele,mesmer all of them.
    and what is taking mirage if not investing TRAITS into survival ? the reason mirage is not a tradeoff is becouse every single skill tree is utterly useless, our "survival" tree has small heal on shatter, bad condi clear and 1s immunity on sigil use, THATS NETIRE TREE, how can you survive using kitten like that.
    when you decide on tree as a mesmer you look for 1 trait you want, and the rest is 1 useless or 2 bad.
    if you want tradeoff for mirage, buff every single core skill tree so you have to actually sacrafice something, chaos, domination and inspiration are good places to start.

edited August 13, 2019

@Leonidrex.5649 said:
    if you want tradeoff for class, buff every single core skill tree so you have to actually sacrafice something.

Fixed that for you, as this was the original idea behind elite specs.

chaos, domination and inspiration are good places to start.

I disagree.
    Except for CI, they should start with inspiration, followed by dueling and domination. Illusions and chaos lines can wait.

• Lincolnbeard.1735Lincolnbeard.1735 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Tayga.3192 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:
    if you want tradeoff for class, buff every single core skill tree so you have to actually sacrafice something.

Fixed that for you, as this was the original idea behind elite specs.

chaos, domination and inspiration are good places to start.

I disagree.
    Except for CI, they should start with inspiration, followed by dueling and domination. Illusions and chaos lines can wait.

I disagree
    Illusions traitline is garbage, chaos has now 1 good gm which is trash on pvp.
    Inspiration was always for new players anyway.

The degenerate

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:
    I disagree

IMO
    (I'll take CI as fixed) Chaos is one of the best traitlines in GW2, not in pure value but in versitality.

You have 1 bad trait in every rank, or 2 good traits. You can always count on chaos.

• I wish there was a "Nerf Ritualist" thread... :'(

• Lincolnbeard.1735Lincolnbeard.1735 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Tayga.3192 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:
    I disagree

IMO
    (I'll take CI as fixed) Chaos is one of the best traitlines in GW2, not in pure value but in versitality.

You have 1 bad trait in every rank, or 2 good traits. You can always count on chaos.

CI will get useless. Some ICD or something completely irrelevant.
    Which means one good gm (PU) that's useless on pvp. No one will go chaos if no good gms are present.
    Duel has 1 good trait on the entire traitlines (and one meme trait - sup complexity) - needs a rework.
    Mirage needs a rework too - only one good trait in the entire traitline.
    Illusion apart from torch cd reduction is pretty kitten too.

These are the ones that need most attention imo.

The degenerate

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.