What do you buy with Black Lion Statuettes?

I have some of them. I think from chests and birthday presents. (After having logged in after my long break from 2013 to 2019 I had already about 30-40 or so. Opening all birthday presents and some black lion chests.)

Now with the Wiki I found that nodes and some minis are not bound and on the TP. Metabolic Primer does not seem too interesting too me. Also the wardrobe unlocks not (yet) since I have tons of normal stuff to unlock and they would be wasted then.

Claim tickets/scraps: I hope to get lucky and get some of them directly by opening chests. Immortal weapon thing too expensive. Might buy one of the packages that contain this with gems if needed and when available.

Minis and stuff like that - which are account bound ... seem interesting. But only 2nd priority for me I think.

The most intersting seems the gathering tools (-r-tron) since they cost some gems and unlimited tools can only be obtained with gems. Then again buying them with gems and trying to go for other stuff that might be unique to chests/statuettes might be a better idea. I'm not sure yet. (Saving the statuettes until I feel a big need for the gathering tools. Mabe at that point I have bougth all expansions and enough more char/bank slots and living world seasons to have this on my shopping list for gem stuff.)

Out of the skins some seem very pretty (usually I don't like expensive skins). I like shoulders and dagger. (Storm dagger, exalted shoulders.) And they seem unique to statuettes atm. So thety seem to be #1 for me. (Together with the achievement reward armor some of the stuff I prefer.)

A question about stuff like that though: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magitech_Medium_Armor_SkinDoes the "one time" mean I can use it one time without having to pay transmutation charges - and it unlocks for further use where I can use it but with paying transmutation charges?Or is this really only 1 time without unlocking it? (The other skins refering to unlocking it makes it seem like these one aren't unlocking anything.) Since I don't like them that much I'd only go for them with lover priority and only if they unlocked. Totally uninterested it if really was only possibly to apply the skin 1 time without even unlocking in wardrobe.

So dagger/shoulders and stuff like that #1 for me atm. While thinking about gathering stuf. The stuff that can be bought at TP and (if only 1 time without unlocking) certain skins are lowest priority. Also because of my playing style not interested in primer, revive orb ... and other stuff.

I look at what's dropping in BL chests that I want (and for which I won't roll the dice for), e.g. the Gecko Mountfit or the like. By the time the unlock actually shows up in the statuette vendor, I've found that I am not as interested as I was originally, so back they go in the bank, to save up for the next thing.

If I did decide to splurge, I'd do what @Konig Des Todes.2086 does: guaranteed wardrobe unlocks. Rolling 2-4 times seems like fun every so often and I've unlocked a lot of the cheaper things, so I'm likely to get something decent.

I already have most of the good stuff or things I am interested in. I've bought some outfits and the last set of armor from the gem store with statuettes. Now I have maybe 250 statuettes awaiting something of interest to be added.

Remember if you are going for a Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock, that includes things like minis and dyes, so sort the TP on those items and buy up all the cheap stuff. "Cheap" being relevant to each individual player. I'm at 2g max for such things. Check out the wiki for all the things it unlocks. I've been a bit lazy of late, so the Unlocks I've gotten from recent BLCs are still sitting in the bank until I do another check for cheap items.

@Tiviana.2650 said:Cant you buy weapon skins with them? Like the dragon bow?

Yes ... but not just weapon skins. Basically stuff that were Black Lion Chest exclusives which also includes glider/back item combos.

@"DeanBB.4268" said:I already have most of the good stuff or things I am interested in. I've bought some outfits and the last set of armor from the gem store with statuettes. Now I have maybe 250 statuettes awaiting something of interest to be added.

Remember if you are going for a Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock, that includes things like minis and dyes, so sort the TP on those items and buy up all the cheap stuff. "Cheap" being relevant to each individual player. I'm at 2g max for such things. Check out the wiki for all the things it unlocks. I've been a bit lazy of late, so the Unlocks I've gotten from recent BLCs are still sitting in the bank until I do another check for cheap items.

https://immortius.net.au/wardrobe-unlock-analyser/ is better than checking manually, make sure to check the advanced mode and check for stuff that cost karma(and maybe some LS3/4 currency)

@Tiviana.2650 said:

Yes ... but not just weapon skins. Basically stuff that were Black Lion Chest exclusives which also includes glider/back item combos.

Mounts too?

I think they are the exception. :/

Although I think mounts are technically not exclusive. For example the current one is both in the BLC and available for direct purchase.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

Mounts too?

I think they are the exception. :/

Although I think mounts are technically not exclusive. For example the current one is both in the BLC and available for direct purchase.

Yeah thats what im saying, they have a new precedent with this. I hope they move on it and put mounts in too.

@"Khisanth.2948" said:

https://immortius.net.au/wardrobe-unlock-analyser/ is better than checking manually, make sure to check the advanced mode and check for stuff that cost karma(and maybe some LS3/4 currency)

I have made great use of it in the past, but the last time I tried to use it, it was showing me absolutely everything locked. I assumed due to an API issue, but also wondered if the person who made it had moved on and it was no longer functional.

Anyone tried it recently?

I happily bought the Magitech armor after waiting for it for a long time. :heart:

Next I'll save up for a couple of total makeover kits for various RP reasons...or fixing flaws I'm only just now noticing in my characters over a year after creating them...whoops.

@Linken.6345 said:You get 1 item for each ( helm shoulder chest gloves pants boots) that are free to apply.When you use them they get unlocked in wardrobe that you then have to pay charges to apply again however many times you wish.Thank you for explaining!

@DeanBB.4268 said:

@"Khisanth.2948" said:

is better than checking manually, make sure to check the advanced mode and check for stuff that cost karma(and maybe some LS3/4 currency)

I have made great use of it in the past, but the last time I tried to use it, it was showing me absolutely everything locked. I assumed due to an API issue, but also wondered if the person who made it had moved on and it was no longer functional.

Anyone tried it recently?

Pretty much daily. Sometimes there are sudden drops in prices for stuff for one reason or another.

Usually I just hang onto them until something rotates into the list I like. I'm kind of a node-a-holic but I'll drop gold before I'll burn 100 statuettes on a node. I can buy nodes anytime and all the stuff like scraps, primers, hairstyle kits, etc. I've already got plenty of. I just wish the list would change up a little more often. Usually I'll grab an outfit or a skin I like.

I don't get many because I only use free keys and don't do a key farm every week, but so far I've just been using statuettes to get mini pets. I'm working my way through the minis of the first set of 2k mounts, and I also used 60 to get the branded mini pack. I think that's it so far, and now I'm waiting for something I want to be in the chests before I use any more keys and get more statuettes.

@Kal Spiro.9745 said:I use statuettes exclusively for nodes. So far I've gotten Iron

Sometimes this is a bad bargain, sometimes not. ALWAYS check the price of nodes on the tp. You can always exchange statuettes even up for 1 gold each so if a node you want is LESS than 100 it's better to buy it off the tp. For instance I just picked up a platinum for 50ish a week ago.