[Suggestion] Make projectile destroying effects work like stab

What i mean by this is it would be ncie if projectile reflects/ destroying effects would have a set numbre of blocks available before dissapearing. Maybe not so much as stab but rather the way guardian lines work in that they can only take 10 people (or suchs) walking over them before stop working.

I.e,; If say firebrand book 3 bubble could reflect say 10 projectiles over the same duration before idsapearing

Whats ur thoughts on this? Pros - cons?

its a con. ppl must learn game mechanics. so they dont auto 111 with range. =p also its one way to zerg bust. you punish bad players with a defensive technique. it does no damage if the enemy dont attack. but it does damage if the enemy dont know what to do.

and also, i thought ppl wanted mele. if you put stacks on reflect, we'll be at the mercy of pirateship pew pew classes.

make it like stacks, then, lesser nos. will always be at the mercy of more in nos.

@Sovereign.1093 said:its a con. ppl must learn game mechanics. so they dont auto 111 with range. =p also its one way to zerg bust. you punish bad players with a defensive technique. it does no damage if the enemy dont attack. but it does damage if the enemy dont know what to do.

and also, i thought ppl wanted mele. if you put stacks on reflect, we'll be at the mercy of pirateship pew pew classes.

make it like stacks, then, lesser nos. will always be at the mercy of more in nos.

idk man as it is now it takes more skill than it should to play a projectile class (set aside ranger)Id argue that projectile reflect spamming actually needs a higher skill floor

@Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:its a con. ppl must learn game mechanics. so they dont auto 111 with range. =p also its one way to zerg bust. you punish bad players with a defensive technique. it does no damage if the enemy dont attack. but it does damage if the enemy dont know what to do.

idk man as it is now it takes more skill than it should to play a projectile class (set aside ranger)Id argue that projectile reflect spamming actually needs a higher skill floor

well, one way to ensure range doesn't get reflected is to turn of auto attack for range weapons. that one move can save self and others from the agony of reflect. :) me, and my guys normally don't have auto attack on; so we rarely have any issues with this.

No one:OP: Let's reinforce pirate ship meta one step further even though we've been in this meta for years - by changing how reflects work (max 10 stacks). By doing so, friendly neighbourhood pew pews & fellow bearbow comrades can unite against the zerg if they are not already picking daisies, off tag or dying randomly to retaliation after landing barrage on an NPC instead of clearing siege.

@Substance E.4852 said:

@"sephiroth.4217" said:So half a rapid fire will deplete a reflect?

Am I reading this right? Only 1 skill to nullify reflection?

But one skill to nullify an entire class's ranged capability is totally fine?

LmaoOne "Wall of Reflection" that nullifies your entire classes range capabilities...

Good one, ill add another....

One small pebble was on the footpath... it nullified my walking capabilities.

Its fun saying dumb stuff... if you were actually serious though then im lost for words.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:So half a rapid fire will deplete a reflect?

LmaoOne "Wall of Reflection" that nullifies your entire classes range capabilities...

Its fun saying dumb stuff... if you were actually serious though then im lost for words.

"reflect wall/bubble spam doesn't make ranger useless in a zerg"

lol okay there pal

@Substance E.4852 said:

lol okay there pal

So its Ranger you're talking about? Why not use unblockables?

Im sorry, I didn't know you were actually serious.

Use unblockables, stow weapon, position yourself and time your rapid fire is the best advice I can give you.I really hate the "learn to play" phrase because it sounds extremely elitist but it applies here quite heavily.

Best of luck on your endeavors.

@Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 said:What i mean by this is it would be ncie if projectile reflects/ destroying effects would have a set numbre of blocks available before dissapearing. Maybe not so much as stab but rather the way guardian lines work in that they can only take 10 people (or suchs) walking over them before stop working.

I.e,; If say firebrand book 3 bubble could reflect say 10 projectiles over the same duration before idsapearing

Whats ur thoughts on this? Pros - cons?

That is great idea - it would turn the tide of 'ground' skills like revs Coalesence in favor or more varied play.

And a reflect/projectile disrupt skills should not counterplay entire class with one skill.

Sorry, at which point in time did we decide that ranged skills are underpowered?

If at all reflects should be buffed and more skills reworked to be projectiles or reflectable. As is right now and given the advantages with range, reflects are the only proper counter and hardly need to get reduced in efficiency. Or make all ranged skills reduce in efficiency at point blank or closer range, then we can talk.

@Cyninja.2954 said:Sorry, at which point in time did we decide that ranged skills are underpowered?

If at all reflects should be buffed and more skills reworked to be projectiles or reflectable. As is right now and given the advantages with range, reflects are the only proper counter and hardly need to get reduced in efficiency. Or make all ranged skills reduce in efficiency at point blank or closer range, then we can talk.

range is still extremely strong. and if they do this to reflection. say bye to melees. and say hello to more barrier scourges.

Terrible idea : it would make all the rangers on walls never come off the wall and exacerbate "pirate shipping" and rifle deadeyes. It's already cliche pewpew soulbeast rangers with Sic Em or other such buffs such as One Wolf Pack. Players need to stop with the projectiles and go melee sometimes and there's little incentive to do that if reflects have so many restrictions.

If anything I would say CoR should be a projectile when max range and the "physical" part of Gunflame. CoR is still high damage after all these years. We've seen True Shot and Deflecting Shot on DH buffed so much yet CoR + Phase Smash + Drop the Hammer are more dominant due to the CCs and due to not being projectile. I am still of the belief ele should have the max power damage if specced glassy to maximize risk/reward scale , especially given the Fireball speed and meteor cast times.

Highest damage should be either range with slow cast / delay damage with red circles OR melee range with normal activation and chain/combo (Mender's rebuke was a gross simplification on rev staff #2). It's utterly imbalanced when you have ranged classes that can stealth and do more damage than glassy eles with little to no survivability penalty or having to get into melee range.'

It used to be getting hit with backstab at melee range from a flank was considered high damage. Oh how times have changed.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

lol okay there pal

Use unblockables, stow weapon, position yourself and time your rapid fire is the best advice I can give you.I really hate the "learn to play" phrase because it sounds extremely elitist but it applies here quite heavily.

"use unblockables"

you should probably get into the habit of reading balance updates every once in a while

@Substance E.4852 said:

lol okay there pal

"use unblockables"

you should probably get into the habit of reading balance updates every once in a while

Did they remove the 2 call of the wilds available and the signet too did they?

And I dont understand what positioning, timing and stowing weapon has to do with balance updates.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

lol okay there pal

"use unblockables"

lol the signet was always garbage and the calls all have 3 charges, try to keep up

@Substance E.4852 said:

lol okay there pal

"use unblockables"

lol the signet was always garbage and the calls all have 3 charges, try to keep up

So? they're still unblockables...

Youre asking for the game to change because you ignore the basics like what I mentioned earlier with positioning and timing but you also refuse to use what's available at your disposal.

Ive also got to take in to account that Rangers are better for roaming than they are for mass zerging, a "cant be special at everything" point of view.

Im sorry but I can't be persuaded over to your side with this as your justification.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

lol okay there pal

"use unblockables"

So? they're still unblockables...

Youre asking for the game to change because you ignore the basics like what I mentioned earlier with positioning and timing but you also refuse to use what's available at your disposal.

Do you honestly think this game should be balanced around you alone or the extreme minority?

I didn't ignore anything, you just have really bad takes

lol nice try pretending that isn't the motivating force behind everyone's desire for skill/balance changes