PoF Specialization Collections Exotics

I think she means the named weapons? As those are the only ones that can be purchased. I feel similarly I've been trying to get them and have seen absolutely nothing, not even non-spec collection drops. I've received 12-15 exotics from unidentified gear, but always an old exotic. It's a bit disheartening knowing that there's no way (that I know of) to target farm them like there was for Machined weapons. If the Skritts do drop them more often that would be interesting though.

The Wiki says there are 3 ways to get them:

1. Chest of the First Spear (one-time achievement)
  2. Rare Unidentified Gear (I wonder if it's only from rare)
  3. Lost Saddlebag from story steps (I'm 0/3 on these, which isn't saying much at all.)

They definitely drop from rare un-id gear- I've gotten one and I know people who have gotten multiples. Beyond the collection (which can be completed on accounts that don't have PoF, too), the only truly reliable way to get them is through the TP.

Also, if you are working towards multiple specialization weapons, when you get your Chest of the First Spear, choose a weapon that will work for more than one spec (axe, sword, or dagger). If you end up having to shell out for all of them, it will save you a little in the long run.

@Batelle.1680 said:Also, if you are working towards multiple specialization weapons, when you get your Chest of the First Spear, choose a weapon that will work for more than one spec (axe, sword, or dagger). If you end up having to shell out for all of them, it will save you a little in the long run.That's a good point. Personally I'm saving mine until I have the other 5 done, that way I'm sure not to get a repeat of it. Though with my rate of progress I'm starting to think it'd be better to open it, sell it, and then buy all 6 of them in 4-6 months when the prices drop (presuming the prices drop).

@Chadramar.8156 said:I really wish you could craft these exotics, like the machined weapons in HoT for their respective collections. Hoping for the RNG is always a nuisance.

Your memory fails you. You can craft the plated weapons. But the machined weapon collections needed a RNG drop from noxious pods... and at launch of HoT, pods were only available after completing the whole meta (assuming you didn't crash out of the map).

@onevstheworld.2419 said:

@Chadramar.8156 said:I really wish you could craft these exotics, like the machined weapons in HoT for their respective collections. Hoping for the RNG is always a nuisance.

Your memory fails you. You can craft the plated weapons. But the machined weapon collections needed a RNG drop from noxious pods... and at launch of HoT, pods were only available after completing the whole meta (assuming you didn't crash out of the map).

The RNG from the HoT pods was much better, I feel. I've done all the collections and it could take me 4 days at most. As for PoF, I've been playing for 2 weeks+ and have been extremely unlucky with 0 named exotics for the collections. :(

Anyway, I appreciate all the tips and suggestions. I'll try to find more ways to get the rare unidentified gear. :anguished:

@onevstheworld.2419 said:Your memory fails you. You can craft the plated weapons. But the machined weapon collections needed a RNG drop from noxious pods... and at launch of HoT, pods were only available after completing the whole meta (assuming you didn't crash out of the map).

Right, I forgot about that bit -- probably because (map crashes aside) it didn't seem to take long at all to get those parts. And you knew where to get them. This seems to be pure RNG, nothing you can actually work towards in any way, and I think that's always a really bad mechanic.

HoT weapon collections required mystic weapons though and those were even more expensive than the named exotics needed here.

@Glacial.9516 said:
  1. Rare Unidentified Gear (I wonder if it's only from rare)

Someone else posted research that identifying is affected by magic find, so it's probably worthwhile to load up on MF buffs when identifying.

Except that it specifically states account magic find so you can't load up on buffs.

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

@Glacial.9516 said:

Someone else posted research that identifying is affected by magic find, so it's probably worthwhile to load up on MF buffs when identifying.

Except that it specifically states
account magic find
so you can't load up on buffs.

However, trials indicate that it's affected by buffs as well.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@Glacial.9516 said:

account magic find

Got sauce?

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

@Glacial.9516 said:

account magic find

Got sauce?

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/5547/research-different-salvage-kits-for-unidentified-gear-and-magic-find-for-iding

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@Glacial.9516 said:

account magic find

Got sauce?

TY!

The fun part is that uniquies for the e-spec collection have the same skin as crafted Sunspear exotics. But crafted Sunspear exotics don't give any progress to e-spec collection. Double checked it. So my soulbeast has to pay 60g for the named dagger just for the sake of its name, cause I have the skin from crafted sunspear dagger.There is no justification for this kind of crap. Again and again, with every gameplay aspect PoF makes me feel and think 1 thing. And that thing is "HoT was way better".

Archived