New Build/Survivabilty Help (PVE Only)

Shrimpkin.4851

I'm looking for some help in creating a new build since I've been running the same one for almost 5 years now and it's not cutting it in PoF. I tried to use the GW2 Build Editor but most of my stuff is so old it's not even there. I guess the easiest thing is to just list what I have now.

ArmorHelm and pants are Knights (Superior rune of the Ranger)Shoulders, gloves and boots are Zerker (Superior rune of the Ranger)Coat is WupWup Guise (Superior rune of the Soulbeast)

AccessoriesQuiver of Swift Flight (Precise Infusion)Imperial Chef Yileng's Golden Spoon (empty infusion slot)Infernal Device (Sunset Jewel)Syzygy (Karmic Infusion)Riddle of the Soulbeast (Sunset Jewel)Ring of Red Death (Precise Infusion)

I use all weapons except for dagger and staff, but I'm partial to LB and GS. I just got the WupWup coat from a box and was considering crafting the rest of the set but I'm not sure if that would help or hinder me as I have no clue about builds. Since it seems Conditions are how things are going, I'd like to be able to hold my own and still do decent damage. I guess I should also mention that I'm not playing Soulbeast.

If I've left anything important out please let me know. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Well, that is about as random a set of gear as I have ever seen :D How is your build not cutting it? Not enough defense or damage?If you enjoy all weapons equally and do not want to have multiple armor/trinket sets I'd say go ahead and get the Wupwup (celestial) armor and trinkets since you will be able to use that set with any build. Remember though that you will not be super efficient at anything in particular, but able to do everything. If you prefer LB/GS you will need power gear.

Answering on how the build is failing will help design something that overcomes that.

It is a bit random, only because I've swapped out some of my old accessories for a few newer ones.

It's not that it's failing per se, I've been more or less fine up until now. But all these conditions now, ugh. I'd like to be able to do more condition damage against the new enemies but still have some ability to survive. As it is now I'm just kind of pounding on them until they die or I do, I'd like to kill them quicker and live!

Thank you for the advice on the armor. Which runes, sigils and infusions would you recommend to help?

@Shrimpkin.4851 said:It is a bit random, only because I've swapped out some of my old accessories for a few newer ones.

It's not that it's failing per se, I've been more or less fine up until now. But all these conditions now, ugh. I'd like to be able to do more condition damage against the new enemies but still have some ability to survive. As it is now I'm just kind of pounding on them until they die or I do, I'd like to kill them quicker and live!

Thank you for the advice on the armor. Which runes, sigils and infusions would you recommend to help?

When you refer to conditions, you mean you are having trouble with conditions applied by foes? You don't necessarily lack survivability to apply conditions, have you tried shortbow? I'm hesitant to recommed something without knowing exactly what you want to achieve, although... Personally, I would go with Aristocracy if you like the Short Bow, so you can build around stacking might, either that or Strength runes depending on whether you like power or condi more. The Berserker runes would also be a good choice for a hybrid armor set, Krait is nice with SB, Soulbeast ones would also be good. Mad King runes are also a good choice for the (6) proc which can be used with Strength of the Pack to stack might on your pet which you can then stack on yourself with "We heal as one!".

Sorry I'm not explaining myself well. The conditions from foes are a bit of a nuisance but I can usually get rid of them, I'd like to apply them more to the enemy as a way to help my DPS. If that's possible. I don't mind a fight but I like to think I'm getting somewhere with it.

It only just occurred to me that I didn't include my build. This is just skills and specializations.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNEQJATRnUqoUhCWssY5KaBxdNJLw1irFD7BFfCp9u3F8vPE7tHAJQKjHDkeD-jBDFQBE4CAwu9HQiyMno0AAPCgHpCyCOiCFSVhqdgC0naFpRXzFVCGA4A43fDAnf+5nf+513f/93f/93f/93SBonQL-e

I use sigil combinations of Strength, Frailty and Bloodlust in my weapons.

I'm open to all suggestions and if I have to rebuild completely then that's fine with me. I wouldn't mind experimenting to find what works, that's part of the fun.

@Shrimpkin.4851 said:Sorry I'm not explaining myself well. The conditions from foes are a bit of a nuisance but I can usually get rid of them, I'd like to apply them more to the enemy as a way to help my DPS. If that's possible. I don't mind a fight but I like to think I'm getting somewhere with it.

It only just occurred to me that I didn't include my build. This is just skills and specializations.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNEQJATRnUqoUhCWssY5KaBxdNJLw1irFD7BFfCp9u3F8vPE7tHAJQKjHDkeD-jBDFQBE4CAwu9HQiyMno0AAPCgHpCyCOiCFSVhqdgC0naFpRXzFVCGA4A43fDAnf+5nf+513f/93f/93f/93SBonQL-e

I use sigil combinations of Strength, Frailty and Bloodlust in my weapons.

I'm open to all suggestions and if I have to rebuild completely then that's fine with me. I wouldn't mind experimenting to find what works, that's part of the fun.

Ok, so I'd just be focusing on one damage type if LB/GS is your thing, the conditions you have in that build are doing very little damage. Maybe try something like this, it is quite tanky but will still output a lot of damage. You'll need two new accessories, a new amulet another zerker ring and stat swap the chest armor to Marauder and put the Ranger rune on it. Tried to keep your existing gear. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNEQJATRnUqoUheBtsYtgaBxiFJLw1irFD5B1GAFwa/1xSM1+xfuNfKxcu3QC-jBDEQBOUZABuAAtRXATUaAD1IIy+D+TlApoEjFqqAgDBQCeCAbRJIpACcMA-eWhen you find you are able to play better, you can start swapping the knights armor pieces for zerker or marauder.

Archived