4900 Games played-2 Accounts. Both with the same Character Name. Anet? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

4900 Games played-2 Accounts. Both with the same Character Name. Anet?

EnderzShadow.2506EnderzShadow.2506 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited August 12, 2019 in PVP

tldr- This last season, I believe Two accounts that are being played in Ranked pvp are being shared by the same group of people (more than 2 for those that don't understand).
That is against the TOS. Cheating.

I'm not mentioning names. But if you pvp in Ranked you probably know who I'm talking about.
I've seen both of these accounts being played in all time of early morning, afternoon, day and night.
I've played since release and I've never seen two accounts played so many games, ever.
One account has 2700-ish Games played Gold 3
One account has almost 2200 Games played Gold 1

Both accounts have (nearly) the same character name, mean the same thing and are one letter different.
Both accounts play mesmer.

There are too many similarities to be a coincidence.

mhm, ok, sure, whatever you say, no after you, I insist, no really, please, be my guest,

Comments

• I dont get your point.

• If the OP has evidence of cheating, submit it to ANet via email or support ticket. If the OP merely suspects based on (what they perceive as compelling) circumstantial evidence, submit that instead.

And then leave it to ANet to decide how to handle it. They might agree that there's reason to follow up or they might not. They might follow up and conclude that it's not cheating. Or any of a dozen other reasons why they might not act as the OP expects.

PS if all the OP has is what they've posted above, it's not much. For example, there are at least four accounts named "Ender" something just on the forums, and at least three with "maverick" in the name.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• EnderzShadow.2506EnderzShadow.2506 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:
    If the OP has evidence of cheating, submit it to ANet via email or support ticket. If the OP merely suspects based on (what they perceive as compelling) circumstantial evidence, submit that instead.

And then leave it to ANet to decide how to handle it. They might agree that there's reason to follow up or they might not. They might follow up and conclude that it's not cheating. Or any of a dozen other reasons why they might not act as the OP expects.

PS if all the OP has is what they've posted above, it's not much. For example, there are at least four accounts named "Ender" something just on the forums, and at least three with "maverick" in the name.

I have no idea what Anet will do or what they will find.
    Obviously they have tools that I do not possess. I don't know how they could or could not prove multiple players on one account.

I believed this would be a good place to post it, bring to the attention of fellow Ranked pvp community and Anet(forum warriors not included)
    There are game tools to report someone for cheating. But it seems rare anything is done.

The repliers example is poor. It's almost like the replier read the title of the post and nothing in the body.
    If the replier doesn't find it a bit suspicious, just maybe the replier is argumentative. Who can tell?

In the history of this game, no single person or 2 people have played that many games.
    Rougly 10.5 hours every day for 8 weeks straight. No one.
    Having the same name, as well as doing the same exact thing, should make one wonder.

mhm, ok, sure, whatever you say, no after you, I insist, no really, please, be my guest,

• AsiraasiB.7165AsiraasiB.7165 Member ✭✭✭

@TheMaverick.6104 said:
    I dont get your point.

Unless this person is a full time 24h streamer, or super rich, a kid who parents don't care that their child doesnt sleep. They're obviously cheating somehow duh

• BadMed.3846BadMed.3846 Member ✭✭✭

I'm guessing OP means total games in one season. Mesmer bots are around. I've seen and reported them with no action taken whatsoever. They've played across multiple seasons. Unless you can record and submit a ticket, forget about any action.

• @Trevor Boyer.6524 said:
    I think what he's pointing out is that he shouldn't have to submit a special evidence report

What I'm pointing out is that there's a process for reporting suspected cheating. If you or the OP don't want to spend the extra 90 seconds to make a formal report, that's fine.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

theres no way anet doesn't know about all of these bots. its way too obvious. hopefully something is done sooner rather then later.

you don't know till you know, ya know.

• yanniell.1236yanniell.1236 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 12, 2019

Probably bots.

That is, in the worst case scenario (no wins), 735 gold farmed. Since they are both somewhere in gold, they probably have a 50% win rate, which puts their gains at roughly 1100 golds (coins only, I'm not even counting the reward tracks).

Not great, not terrible. Dyatlov, COMRADE.

• AsiraasiB.7165AsiraasiB.7165 Member ✭✭✭

Gw2 community is weird man ...

• Spartacus.3192Spartacus.3192 Member ✭✭✭

The report button was added as an April Fool's joke years ago and ANET forgot to remove it. There is no follow through code behind it.

• Ralkuth.1456Ralkuth.1456 Member ✭✭✭

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:
    So unless we have vampires & liches playing, who have nothing else better to do with their time than que GW2, the two accounts that are named the same thing that both have over 2000 games played, must be bots or account sharing.

We hereby prove that vampires do exist and somewhere out there a Bella, with reignited hope after knowing this fact, is waiting for her perfect Edward (possibly in Gold 1 or 3).

Player of distinguishing mediocrity (S5: G3, S6: P1, S17: P1).
    Carrying enemy team since 2012.
    "Multiclass implies you can actually play the class" - A Certain Royalty, on Twitch

• Trevor Boyer.6524Trevor Boyer.6524 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ralkuth.1456 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:
    So unless we have vampires & liches playing, who have nothing else better to do with their time than que GW2, the two accounts that are named the same thing that both have over 2000 games played, must be bots or account sharing.

We hereby prove that vampires do exist and somewhere out there a Bella, with reignited hope after knowing this fact, is waiting for her perfect Edward (possibly in Gold 1 or 3).

If Edward is a Gold 1 to 3 vampire, then Louie & Lestat are maybe like Plat 1 maybe 2? Which would make Blade a solid high end Plat 3, and Count Dracula would be like a 2300 rated legendary.

Count Dracula is a win trader. Glad we were able to sort this out.

• MyPuppy.8970MyPuppy.8970 Member ✭✭✭✭

Even mesmer players find a way to clone themselves. No wonder so many nerf threads.

• Delweyn.1309Delweyn.1309 Member ✭✭✭

People saw that many boters were doing ton of gold without risks. It's normal that they want to do the same. It's in the human nature.

• Itz Jay.8941Itz Jay.8941 Member ✭✭✭

@AsiraasiB.7165 said:

Yeah there's too many snowflakes, a lot of them pretending to be keyboard warriors. Some are sarcastic and some are narcissistic, some are literally psychopathic. Frankly it bores the hell out of me. Talk straight or talk to a lemon.

• sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Itz Jay.8941 said:

@AsiraasiB.7165 said:

Yeah there's too many snowflakes, a lot of them pretending to be keyboard warriors. Some are sarcastic and some are narcissistic, some are literally psychopathic. Frankly it bores the hell out of me. Talk straight or talk to a lemon.

And then there's @Crab Fear.1624 who possess all the superpowers you mentioned.

• Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Itz Jay.8941 said:

@AsiraasiB.7165 said:

And then there's @Crab Fear.1624 who possess all the superpowers you mentioned.

kitten straight

Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.