NA WvW is in freefall - Page 7 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

NA WvW is in freefall

123457

Comments

  • Optimator.3589Optimator.3589 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @XenesisII.1540 said:
    It's probable that they would be one of the med host server still since they just dropped under the high threshold and relink in probably 2.5 weeks, but diving from full to med in 2 months says their alliance probably left or stop playing. Have a friend on there but I haven't been logging on much in the last 3 weeks to ask what's going on.

    TLR went to FC. Doc probably not far behind.

    REDUCE NA TO 3 TIERS

  • Liston.9708Liston.9708 Member ✭✭✭

    @Optimator.3589 said:

    @XenesisII.1540 said:
    It's probable that they would be one of the med host server still since they just dropped under the high threshold and relink in probably 2.5 weeks, but diving from full to med in 2 months says their alliance probably left or stop playing. Have a friend on there but I haven't been logging on much in the last 3 weeks to ask what's going on.

    TLR went to FC. Doc probably not far behind.

    Doc went DH

  • nthmetal.9652nthmetal.9652 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 9, 2019

    @DeceiverX.8361 said:
    Warclaw destroyed small-scale and havoc, not ganking.
    No longer can a skillgroup of 3-5 (VERY different from being a gank group) have any real map presence since the enemy blob can respond instantly to structure threats, and with the bonus effective player health, it's easier to buy time and defend than prior. It also further punishes solo roamers trying to make make plays because combat potential/engage potential as a lone attacker is less effective in order to kill an enemy to claim the objective or deny counter-siege.

    Mounts ONLY improved the experience for people who ktrain.

    That also not true. While of course the enemy zerg can react faster thanks to warclaw, so can the own zerg and so can the havoc squads. I have roamed successfully with 3-5 other players on other maps using the warclaw, using its speed and mobility to strike and take towers, where the enemy wasn't expecting it. And if they ever show up, you just spawnport and strike elsewhere. The warclaw has reduced the hassle and lost time from running to objectives significantly.

    The problem when you can't do anything with a havov squad is, if your server lacks proper pressure on the main enemy zerg, and IMO that should be that way. You should not be able to out-PPT a server, who has superior presence on every map.
    So the thing that kills havoc squads on your server (whichever server that is - I am not referring to any specific server here) is not the warclaw. It is the inability to organize and bring enough players to the table so you can build up pressure.

    "and then we know that we have looked back through the ivory gates into that world of wonder which was ours before we were wise and unhappy"
    -- H. P. Lovecraft - Celephais

  • kraai.7265kraai.7265 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 9, 2019

    @Mil.3562 said:

    @DeceiverX.8361 said:
    A lot of dedicated players moved away from the format/game with the release of mounts.

    People can kick and scream about how much they want to ride their cats and the huge surge of people who came into the mode when it launched (due to the free mount skin, not anything relevant to the mode itself), but one of the primary reasons why WvW populations have been in decline has been broken combat dynamics such as the elite specs, and mounts just dialed it to 11.

    I see a lot of fake informations now that many players who like the mounts have already stopped playing or left WvW and go back to PvE. Only a handful who are still clinging onto WvW cared to defend it.

    If you guys check through the history of the forum, you can see that it's always the same few forum veterans posting toxic comments and giving fake infos on how the mount killed WvW.

    If you are a regular WvW players, playing WvW for hours every day over the past years, and constantly in T1 or T2 where all the actions are, Zerg fights and PPT, you will agree that powercreep and dead metas that lead to low populations every where are the only reasons why more and more players, guilds are giving up.

    It has never been about the Warclaw Please don't lie. WvWers love the Warclaw. But, gankers on the other hand, have been trying very hard to kill it since it's launch in Feb. Warclaws took away their only fun of jumping on unsuspecting players, forcing fights on support build players.

    These players mostly mained non meta classes, they are not welcomed in zergs or organised group fights and hence they make the most noise in the forum, asking for nerfs and more.

    Please stop spreading fake informatons to new players or players who want to try this mode. Your Gankers Mode is back. Go enjoy.

    oh cmon m8 so much hypocrecy, have you seen all the post from zergers who are sick of getting structures perma defended, because foes reach it so fast in those stupid cats it became a infinite fight? or the ones about players complaining they can't ninja anything or distract larger zergs long enough to capture something, because they move so fast and fights are either so long (because of power and sustain creep) or so short (population issues) they have enough time to defend both points one after the other?
    or how about those about commanders that are sick of chasing enemy zergs all over the map because this zergs just focus on capturing and moving on and not defending (blackgate style)
    also i love how the few players that actually defend that huge mistake always talk about gankers, but every problem i listed above translate to camps and even sentries, so it hitted roamers too not only zergers, or those infamous gankers you talk about
    and one last funny fact, since they released this new demount skill, between that and the population troubles now the ganking problem is even worst, 10 man groups standing right outside wp waiting to hunt any player stupid enough to go out...
    only now, thanks to your beloved mounts escaping is impossible, because as soon as one of those dismounts you the rest are running towards you in that stupid thing...

  • Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @DeceiverX.8361 said:

    @Mil.3562 said:

    @DeceiverX.8361 said:
    A lot of dedicated players moved away from the format/game with the release of mounts.

    People can kick and scream about how much they want to ride their cats and the huge surge of people who came into the mode when it launched (due to the free mount skin, not anything relevant to the mode itself), but one of the primary reasons why WvW populations have been in decline has been broken combat dynamics such as the elite specs, and mounts just dialed it to 11.

    I see a lot of fake informations now that many players who like the mounts have already stopped playing or left WvW and go back to PvE. Only a handful who are still clinging onto WvW cared to defend it.

    If you guys check through the history of the forum, you can see that it's always the same few forum veterans posting toxic comments and giving fake infos on how the mount killed WvW.

    If you are a regular WvW players, playing WvW for hours every day over the past years, and constantly in T1 or T2 where all the actions are, Zerg fights and PPT, you will agree that powercreep and dead metas that lead to low populations every where are the only reasons why more and more players, guilds are giving up.

    It has never been about the Warclaw Please don't lie. WvWers love the Warclaw. But, gankers on the other hand, have been trying very hard to kill it since it's launch in Feb. Warclaws took away their only fun of jumping on unsuspecting players, forcing fights on support build players.

    These players mostly mained non meta classes, they are not welcomed in zergs or organised group fights and hence they make the most noise in the forum, asking for nerfs and more.

    Please stop spreading fake informatons to new players or players who want to try this mode. Your Gankers Mode is back. Go enjoy.

    Warclaw destroyed small-scale and havoc, not ganking.

    Weird. My guildies and I small scale frequently and its only made it easier due to the speed of the transport. One of us used to main nec and has gone back to it now they can keep up. Def didnt destroy it.

    Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

  • It's probable that they would be one of the med host server still since they just dropped under the high threshold and relink in probably 2.5 weeks, but diving from full to med in 2 months says their alliance probably left or stop playing. Have a friend on there but I haven't been logging on much in the last 3 weeks to ask what's going on.

    SF had some guilds like Dusk and CL i think they moved away they only had EST cover the rest is a ghost town i feel bad fr them
    but being a med doesn't mean it's ded just look at mag

    [KEKW]

  • nthmetal.9652nthmetal.9652 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 11, 2019

    @kraai.7265 said:
    looooool, can't stop laughing about this one, don't you see thats the problem with this game mode? we are in an OPEN WOLRD PVP ZONE yet players prefer to go pve style farm empty houses kill some npc, and don't worry if someone catches us we can just wp or run away in our fancy cats, like kitten are you thinking, why dont you just go back to pve, rewards are better and you will be doing the same, you even have 8 mounts there to swap anytime

    I am happy I was able to amuse you, even though I don't share your opinion... like, at all. But that's what a forum like this is for, right?
    I see nothing wrong with PPTing, it can be very relaxing. Now for the following I can obviously only speak for myself, other players will have their own opinions and reasons, but I play WvW, because I can do so many things here:

    • relaxed PPT
    • huge zerg battles open field
    • fight around objectives
    • GvG
    • small-scale group fights

    I do have my preferences, usually centered around zerg-scenarios. Some servers seem to like PPT hardcore, avoiding fights (but maybe they are just avoiding fights against servers against whose zergs they repeatedly could not win against in the past), some servers like to siege up hardcore and defend objectives they captured, some servers seem to be about hardcore fighting. And WvW has all of that. For me most of the scenarios I enjoy have to do with other players, relaxed PPT is the only scenario / context where I am not actively looking forward for fights.
    And that's also why I don't go to PvE for these things: I don't have this mix in PvE. Furthermore I see a lot of - to me - annoying stuff in PvE (which I am not saying you have to do). A lot of repetitive stuff. In WvW, there is always surprises.
    I imagine it's like this for a lot of players. I also imagine this forum is not a correct representation of the GW2 player base or even the WvW player base, because the communication I see here is very different from what I actually experience in game.

    The problem when you can't do anything with a havov squad is, if your server lacks proper pressure on the main enemy zerg, and IMO that should be that way. You should not be able to out-PPT a server, who has superior presence on every map.
    So the thing that kills havoc squads on your server (whichever server that is - I am not referring to any specific server here) is not the warclaw. It is the inability to organize and bring enough players to the table so you can build up pressure.

    this is ridiculous too, before mounts havoc groups and smaller zergs could fight against bigger worlds with more population, distracting them, taking them, holding them on certain points of the map, fighting smart, or even ninja capturing everything they can as fast as they can, they had time to do it, now zergs move so fast you can't do none of those

    And I find this post impossible to believe, because just yesterday (or maybe it was the day before that) my server held on to enemy hills, while another group of ours tried to capture the fire keep on another map. At the same time, the actions we did served to keep our home border somewhat safe from bigger blobs. We had one big zerg and a small havoc group.
    The same evening, after the hills got flipped, we attacked them to flip them back, and the garrison at the same time with a smaller group. And guess what? We made it into the garri and later on we were able to take it. Because we had a havoc squad supporting the main zerg.
    If it doesn't work for you, you might not be doing it properly.

    you claim people don't organize their population, but have you thought the possibility sometimes most of the servers don't even have enough people to organize or sustain a non stop fight with the bigger servers? plus i play against blackgate, and idk if you know their playstyle, ive never been so bored than trying to hold those guys, whenever you preassure them they just hide in keeps and fight from the door, literally they can be 3 to 1 and still stand on the portal to just bait and survive, this game became so lame

    Yes, large population differences are definitely a problem. And you know what? While I do not find the current WvW system perfect there is a solution to it: If you cannot win in the current tier, you go down a tier. You go down until you find enemies you can face.
    I'd prefer a WvW system that dynamically reacts to imbalances in the current matchup, I'd prefer a WvW system that looked more of server performance instead of server population, but at least we have something that on medium timeframes serves to somehow balance out the problems.

    Still needing to wait one or more weeks until this part of the game is fun again, is too long. We need a better solution.

    "and then we know that we have looked back through the ivory gates into that world of wonder which was ours before we were wise and unhappy"
    -- H. P. Lovecraft - Celephais

  • ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 11, 2019

    @Excursion.9752 said:
    I hear what people are saying. But what I found everything is reliant on commanders. They don't even have to be great commanders. People want someone to follow. The best ones have a schedule everyone knows. Here is what happens on my server. There will be no que on a map but as soon as a particular commander comes online here lately over a 30 man que pops on that map that he is in within 5 minutes. Everyone knows he is online at the same time every night.

    Blame ppl for rely on commander is like saying the problem of hungry beggars around the world is that they desire too much food.

    main pvp: Khel the Undead(power reaper).

  • @XenesisII.1540 said:
    It's probable that they would be one of the med host server still since they just dropped under the high threshold and relink in probably 2.5 weeks, but diving from full to med in 2 months says their alliance probably left or stop playing. Have a friend on there but I haven't been logging on much in the last 3 weeks to ask what's going on.

    I dont know well SF guilds, but for me seems 3-4 biggest SF guilds left this week somewhere. SF is now like graveyard.
    edit: Info what i got, they have been seen SOS or JQ.
    Honestly, looking at NA activity then it would be enough to freely 9 host (3 tiers) servers and everyone else will link as needed. Tier 4 has always been problematic.
    Picture activity SF right now.
    https://upload.ee/image/10584321/SF2.jpg
    EBG Keep has gone 7 hours and i not remember i seen such a joke before. On any servers.
    Drgonbrand seems very healty, i saw 50 players blob they ran out there. NS is also abit suspicious.

    I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.
    Alexander the Great

    ** [MERC] Devona's Rest **

  • @Excursion.9752 said:
    I hear what people are saying. But what I found everything is reliant on commanders. They don't even have to be great commanders. People want someone to follow. The best ones have a schedule everyone knows. Here is what happens on my server. There will be no que on a map but as soon as a particular commander comes online here lately over a 30 man que pops on that map that he is in within 5 minutes. Everyone knows he is online at the same time every night.

    What to u think how fast such a commander burn out himself? People who lead wvw (used tag and have squad certain amount people) should got waaaay better rewards if others.

    I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.
    Alexander the Great

    ** [MERC] Devona's Rest **

  • Excursion.9752Excursion.9752 Member ✭✭✭

    @TheIceman.1039 said:

    @Excursion.9752 said:
    I hear what people are saying. But what I found everything is reliant on commanders. They don't even have to be great commanders. People want someone to follow. The best ones have a schedule everyone knows. Here is what happens on my server. There will be no que on a map but as soon as a particular commander comes online here lately over a 30 man que pops on that map that he is in within 5 minutes. Everyone knows he is online at the same time every night.

    What to u think how fast such a commander burn out himself? People who lead wvw (used tag and have squad certain amount people) should got waaaay better rewards if others.

    I agree with you completely. The rewards for commanding need to be better than just extra pips. The commander I follow that has a schedule has set days that he has off as well.

                                                              There is a 50% chance you will not agree with me and a 50% chance I will not agree with you
    
  • Drgonbrand seems very healty, i saw 50 players blob they ran out there.

    honestly i was expecting DB to fall down but SF going down was a surprise most ppl they had and guilds were playing only on EST

    [KEKW]

  • Acheron.4731Acheron.4731 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Join Ebay....
    The only server to have an online auction house named after it.

    A true friend of the crown

  • @Acheron.4731 said:
    Join Ebay....
    The only server to have an online auction house named after

    anet should just merge IOJ and Ebay to Mag cuz it's been mag only vs higher servers the links were empty asf
    we had to carry yr buts fr 5 weeks
    next time anet give us 3 links that's better

    [KEKW]

  • Acheron.4731Acheron.4731 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

    @knite.1542 said:
    Don't worry, alliances are coming. They will fix all of this. We just have to be patient.

    2017 : Don't worry, alliances are coming. They will fix all of this. We just have to be patient.
    2018 : Don't worry, alliances are coming. They will fix all of this. We just have to be patient.
    August 2019: Don't worry, alliances are coming. They will fix all of this. We just have to be patient.

    lol, it takes time to figure out how to nickel and dime a new system.
    took seven years to figure out how to monetize build templates....alliances should take approximately 14

    A true friend of the crown

  • XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Imagine having two links, dropping to tier four and still bragging about carrying other servers.

    Another derailing post ^ - Anet
    "Is there pvp stuff for this?" - "Absolutely, eh we actually have a new armor set coming soon." - "Woo!"
    "From the back of the room!, the one pvp fan! we got him! WaH!"
    || Stealth is a Terribad Mechanic ||

  • Imagine having two links, dropping to tier four and still bragging about carrying other servers.

    hmmm bragging is the only thing that this game mode got left nothing else so why not

    [KEKW]

  • ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Excursion.9752 said:

    @TheIceman.1039 said:

    @Excursion.9752 said:
    I hear what people are saying. But what I found everything is reliant on commanders. They don't even have to be great commanders. People want someone to follow. The best ones have a schedule everyone knows. Here is what happens on my server. There will be no que on a map but as soon as a particular commander comes online here lately over a 30 man que pops on that map that he is in within 5 minutes. Everyone knows he is online at the same time every night.

    What to u think how fast such a commander burn out himself? People who lead wvw (used tag and have squad certain amount people) should got waaaay better rewards if others.

    I agree with you completely. The rewards for commanding need to be better than just extra pips. The commander I follow that has a schedule has set days that he has off as well.

    many Commanders of WvW should be treated as legendary guys, these guys carry everything on their shoulders[guild+commanding] even server population. Anet freakness about "unequality" is another reason of the fall of this game mode.

    When a commander+guild leader leave WvW its carry 50+ guys with him. On my server SoS its was happened when Rhys and others has leave.

    main pvp: Khel the Undead(power reaper).

  • arielwind.8921arielwind.8921 Member ✭✭✭

    I can't understand why we have to fight weaker servers like tier 1 while we have been winning in NA prime time. That could one big reason we lost lots of NA players from wvw. ArenaNet should focus more NA time balance especially depends on K/D ratio instead of PPT.

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @arielwind.8921 said:
    I can't understand why we have to fight weaker servers like tier 1 while we have been winning in NA prime time. That could one big reason we lost lots of NA players from wvw. ArenaNet should focus more NA time balance especially depends on K/D ratio instead of PPT.

    That conversation has been had. You don’t think people would avoid fights more in this scenario?

    Thank You for the {MEME}

  • ::yawn:: already 3rd place after a reset. match already decided. why play

  • @Vova.2640 said:

    @Mil.3562 said:
    It has never been about the Warclaw Please don't lie. WvWers love the Warclaw. But, gankers on the other hand, have been trying very hard to kill it since it's launch in Feb. Warclaws took away their only fun of jumping on unsuspecting players, forcing fights on support build players.

    Im sorry what ???

    Wvw'ers do not like warclaw as it currently is. We talked about this since it was announced...

    The 2-3 dozen of you that live on this forum do not represent the majority of the WvW playerbase, as much as that might be utterly rustling for you to accept

  • NA is not in freefall it is just transfers to lower servers to avoid T1 at any cost , spread the load ,apparently majority of servers would much rather bully red borders in lower tiers as it is easier for them to PPT empty zones and the reward being they would not have to actually compete in T1 ,much easier to go to forums and complain ,I mean everything has been made easier to take structures and literally T3 are indefensible these days , a spoon of concrete and a glass of water and harden up is the option.

  • Svarty.8019Svarty.8019 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 14, 2019

    This mode isn't as forgiving as it used to be. The time was when you could wander around and run away from a group for a time. I remember that with effective use of skills, I could run away from a zerg while being hit for a good... 10-15 seconds. That's unthinkable now. Not only is damage is extremely high across the board, but mounts make running away almost impossible - especially with the new "Ben's Annoying Harpoon" ability.

    Instant death makes the game less fun. The mode would benefit from some forgiveness.

    Thief OP? Better nerf Scourge ... again.

  • XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @random.9803 said:
    NA is not in freefall it is just transfers to lower servers to avoid T1 at any cost , spread the load ,apparently majority of servers would much rather bully red borders in lower tiers as it is easier for them to PPT empty zones and the reward being they would not have to actually compete in T1 ,much easier to go to forums and complain ,I mean everything has been made easier to take structures and literally T3 are indefensible these days , a spoon of concrete and a glass of water and harden up is the option.

    BG player ^

    Yeah players haven't left, they just spread out so that we went from 7 to 16 medium servers, a lot more even servers now.

    Another derailing post ^ - Anet
    "Is there pvp stuff for this?" - "Absolutely, eh we actually have a new armor set coming soon." - "Woo!"
    "From the back of the room!, the one pvp fan! we got him! WaH!"
    || Stealth is a Terribad Mechanic ||

  • DeceiverX.8361DeceiverX.8361 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

    @DeceiverX.8361 said:

    @Mil.3562 said:

    @DeceiverX.8361 said:
    A lot of dedicated players moved away from the format/game with the release of mounts.

    People can kick and scream about how much they want to ride their cats and the huge surge of people who came into the mode when it launched (due to the free mount skin, not anything relevant to the mode itself), but one of the primary reasons why WvW populations have been in decline has been broken combat dynamics such as the elite specs, and mounts just dialed it to 11.

    I see a lot of fake informations now that many players who like the mounts have already stopped playing or left WvW and go back to PvE. Only a handful who are still clinging onto WvW cared to defend it.

    If you guys check through the history of the forum, you can see that it's always the same few forum veterans posting toxic comments and giving fake infos on how the mount killed WvW.

    If you are a regular WvW players, playing WvW for hours every day over the past years, and constantly in T1 or T2 where all the actions are, Zerg fights and PPT, you will agree that powercreep and dead metas that lead to low populations every where are the only reasons why more and more players, guilds are giving up.

    It has never been about the Warclaw Please don't lie. WvWers love the Warclaw. But, gankers on the other hand, have been trying very hard to kill it since it's launch in Feb. Warclaws took away their only fun of jumping on unsuspecting players, forcing fights on support build players.

    These players mostly mained non meta classes, they are not welcomed in zergs or organised group fights and hence they make the most noise in the forum, asking for nerfs and more.

    Please stop spreading fake informatons to new players or players who want to try this mode. Your Gankers Mode is back. Go enjoy.

    Warclaw destroyed small-scale and havoc, not ganking.

    Weird. My guildies and I small scale frequently and its only made it easier due to the speed of the transport. One of us used to main nec and has gone back to it now they can keep up. Def didnt destroy it.

    Anecdotally, nobody in my guild even cares about GW2/Alliances now because of it, despite most of them being willing to really try hard again when they were announced.

    And apparently a lot more people agree.

    You sure that Sniper idea is as good as you thought it was gonna be?
    Because I think my original idea is better.
    Quit/Inactive. No, you can't have my stuff.

  • Calisanna.8732Calisanna.8732 Member ✭✭✭

    Where the pic for this week comparing the weeks before!? NA has gained another medium sever if im seeing this correctly.

  • last week SF this Week NSP
    NA WvW Crisis wonder how anet will act

    [KEKW]

  • Acheron.4731Acheron.4731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 22, 2019

    C-3PO was just interviewed about WvW after recently logging out.
    See what he had to say at 1:14

    Chewy also commented about the situation at 1:26

    A true friend of the crown

  • @Calisanna.8732 said:
    Where the pic for this week comparing the weeks before!? NA has gained another medium sever if im seeing this correctly.

    Sorry I don't care enough to keep updating it.

  • SWI.4127SWI.4127 Member ✭✭✭

    @MELORD.5013 said:
    last week SF this Week NSP
    NA WvW Crisis wonder how anet will act

    To be fair, SF was just an alliance that broke up. As far as I know, those guilds are still playing on various other servers.

  • Jaruselka.5943Jaruselka.5943 Member ✭✭✭

    RIP NSP.

    It's been a fun 6 years.

    Your's truly,

    Zorah

  • Slick.7164Slick.7164 Member ✭✭✭

    They got time to twitch and video but no time to answer a forum question They busy peeps, I get it

  • Slick.7164Slick.7164 Member ✭✭✭

    Well Put Skyshroud I will be censored soon Anet hates me LOL

  • XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Good news guys, after two and a half months of constant decline for the entire NA section of servers, it seems it's back to an upswing as two servers, Borlis pass and JQ, have moved back up from medium to high!
    While in EU it's seems Desolation and Whiteside ridge moved from full to very high, Augury rock moved from very high to high.

    Another derailing post ^ - Anet
    "Is there pvp stuff for this?" - "Absolutely, eh we actually have a new armor set coming soon." - "Woo!"
    "From the back of the room!, the one pvp fan! we got him! WaH!"
    || Stealth is a Terribad Mechanic ||

  • Diku.2546Diku.2546 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2019

    @XenesisII.1540

    Thank you for helping to provide the WvW Community with this reference.

    We might not want to break out the Champagne yet.

    Here's my interpretation of what we're observing with the population screen captures, but I could be wrong.


    We may be looking at what I term the "Tooth Paste Squeeze effect".

    Without fully comprehending what "Medium" measures...we're basically guessing what any population increases to the top ranked servers really mean.

    If "Medium" means that there are 100 players residing on these Medium Servers &:

    1. Suddenly Higher ranked Servers increase while the 100 players on these "Medium" servers Remain in Place - Population increased.
    2. Suddenly Higher ranked Servers increase while the 100 players on these "Medium" servers Move Up to a Higher ranked Server - Population got "Squeezed" upward.

    If we had more references measuring population...that would help.

    i.e. - Very-Medium / Medium / Not-Low / Low / Very-Low / Not-Dead / Dead / Very-Dead


    Our fundamental Match-Up Model & Game Mode mechanics hasn't changed.

    Server & now Language Linking are being used to try and "Fix" our unbalanced Match-Ups.

    This kind of Linking only benefits the Sharks that get fed the "Baby Fish" in an effort to create a zerg-based feeding frenzy. In the end...the immature commanders/players get eaten alive & the natural ecosystem that took years to find a niche... continues to collapse.

    This kind of Match-Up Model only encourages the 800 pound Gorilla in the room scenario.

    We keep feeding sharks & the 800 pound Gorilla in the room & keep thinking it's going to get better.

    The reality based on my observation is that...We're stuck with fish tanks full of selfish veteran sharks feeding off each other & an 800 pound Gorilla in the room that continually begs to be opened in the Long-Term...if we DO NOT change the Match-Up Model.

    We're stuck with a Vicious & Un-Healthy cycle for the game mode until we change the Match-Up Model.

    Yours truly,
    Diku

    Credibility requires critical insight & time.

  • XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Putting in more labels is not going to do anything beneficial, it'll just be another source for players to complain about wvw dying and anet linking the wrong servers, while anet have the hard numbers behind the scenes anyways. Are we all going to suddenly move to a dead server? no, so there's no real point to show anything below medium.

    But hey if you guys really want to get depressed about wvw being dead, think of it this way, without having two levels of high, medium is low, high is medium, very high is high, full is full. So 15 low servers, 7 medium servers, 1 high 1 full server.

    Another derailing post ^ - Anet
    "Is there pvp stuff for this?" - "Absolutely, eh we actually have a new armor set coming soon." - "Woo!"
    "From the back of the room!, the one pvp fan! we got him! WaH!"
    || Stealth is a Terribad Mechanic ||

  • Diku.2546Diku.2546 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2019

    Good or Bad. My intent is to ensure that we're interpreting the data correctly & not deluding ourselves into wishful thinking.

    Actually, I believe the larger WvW Community is already shifting away because of the lack of a solid Long-Term Road Map & Vision for WvW.

    ANet probably does have the numbers & they're Supposed to use it to carefully choose a Road Map guided by a Vision to make our WvW game mode into a better one...where Players get to enjoy Healthy Competitive Match-Ups & ANet financially benefits from their patronage.


    There are no winners here & yet this WvW Forum Community continues to focus on topics that are frivolous, shallow, convoluted & misguided.

    ANet is not held accountable for this forum to guide the discourse here ...which makes their job easy, but troubling for their Long-Term financial survival.

    I still believe that WvW can evolve into something incredible...that's why I still return to try & convince ANet & this Forum Community that it's possible.

    I also believe that many on this Forum still have a passion for this WvW game mode & can envision it "Reaching the Potential" of something incredible within the gaming industry.

    What's depressing is...this opportunity to create something incredible within the gaming industry...is dying because of poor decisions.

    Yours truly,
    Diku

    Credibility requires critical insight & time.

  • Fearless.3569Fearless.3569 Member ✭✭✭

    @Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

    @knite.1542 said:
    Don't worry, alliances are coming. They will fix all of this. We just have to be patient.

    2017 : Don't worry, alliances are coming. They will fix all of this. We just have to be patient.
    2018 : Don't worry, alliances are coming. They will fix all of this. We just have to be patient.
    August 2019: Don't worry, alliances are coming. They will fix all of this. We just have to be patient.

    Alliances is a lie that most of us are just not buying anymore.

  • EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Are there any external WvW forums that are still active?
    I recall there was one a few years back but it seems gone.

    Visit 🏴‍☠️ Eremite's WvW Necromancy Graveyard 🏴‍☠️

    CD -> TC -> Mag -> GOM -> AR -> JQ

  • @EremiteAngel.9765 said:
    Are there any external WvW forums that are still active?
    I recall there was one a few years back but it seems gone.

    The wvw cancer forums died and evolved into a discord server that is now equally pretty much dead.