Bounties and Elegy Mosaics

Some questions and issues about bounties:

Outside of some tiddly bit of loot and the one time achievements, what point is there to doing Champion Bounties?

Why is there not a standardized system for Elegy Mosaic rewards?

Why do all bounties not offer them considering the price of the weapons for this currency are insanely high on a currency reward that isn't easy to obtain?

Legendary Bounties are not easy to complete without decently large sized groups and getting lucky with the legendary and the augments it gets.

Champion Bounties eventually become redundant to do if you aim to collect the funerary stuff.

The randomized chance of elegy mosaic's FROM ONLY LEGENDARIES makes it harder to predictably and reliably farm in any manner. It's not like going on a run through of Verdant Brink and opening up airship cargo to get currency where randomized reward made sense because there was more of it and easier to obtain, this system for obtaining elegy mosaic's is ludicrous.

Solution for at least the Elegy Mosaics which in turn provides extra loot incentive:

Allow champion bounties to reward Elegy Mosaics, at a rate of around 2-5 per champion bounty done. This allows the possibility for people who are getting unlucky with legendary bounties to still have a way to gain some currency so their trains don't feel as wasteful to their time. This also incentivizes running trains for more than achievements or experience which some people no longer need.

Increase Legendary Bounties rates to 10-15 mosaics per one done and for added incentive, your first legendary of the day awards 20.

This makes collecting the weapons a little bit easier of a feat to achieve. But as an added measure to balance, the price or the armor boxes should go up by around 10 each piece. (this does not make people who bought them earlier have an unfair advantage either because they would have received more rewards to purchase them with overall and they still receive one from each box for free)

@Kheldorn.5123 said:5 man group can beat them just like any other champion. Thing is, people haven't realised this yet. Small group = faster bounty kills.

1. That depends on who you ask. Not everyone has amazing builds, the amount of dead people I see at bounties seconds from starting is unbelievable. So sure, a smaller group may make for faster kills but that only works if they don't spend most of the fight dead and have reliable builds.
  2. What I am also saying here is that the reward system as it is, is currently to unreliable in regards to Legendary Mosaics. Getting two for a legendary sucks and having someone else receive 22 at that same boss sucks harder. What worsens it all is when you fail a legendary, regardless of group size it just feels like a waste of time and more waiting and time wasting to try again for success especially when they have randomized augments that can effect the tide of the fight.
  3. Champions are eventually going to receive little recognition once people have earned their exp and achieves because why do them when you can get the same loot and more from a legendary.

EDIT: I misread part of what you had written and thus went back and repaired my statement.

Bounties where a blunder the way they implemented them .It is their typical design: gimmicky and tough/challenging bosses with 0 payoff and bad rewards(the usual green trash). Trains will go on for only so long until people get all achievements/collections/mastery exp farm and move on. There is 0 reason to go back to them. Even now i have difficutlies to find people for certain bounties i still need for collection items. In 8 minutes of fighting Dunechaser for the mirage axe ascended weapon only 3 people showed up...we failed of course because these bounties dont scale with player numbers and it was surrounded by sniping stupid floating trees that spamm thunders and heal themselves. Expansion isnt even out for about 2 weeks and people are already ignoring bounties.The only way to get your collection achievements now is to join squads and pray they havent already done the bounty you needed

@Mister Asdasd.6194 said:Bounties where a blunder the way they implemented them .It is their typical design: gimmicky and tough/challenging bosses with 0 payoff and bad rewards(the usual green trash). Trains will go on for only so long until people get all achievements/collections/mastery exp farm and move on. There is 0 reason to go back to them. Even now i have difficutlies to find people for certain bounties i still need for collection items. In 8 minutes of fighting Dunechaser for the mirage axe ascended weapon only 3 people showed up...we failed of course because these bounties dont scale with player numbers and it was surrounded by sniping stupid floating trees that spamm thunders and heal themselves. Expansion isnt even out for about 2 weeks and people are already ignoring bounties.The only way to get your collection achievements now is to join squads and pray they havent already done the bounty you needed

Which is why part of a good change IMO but not everyone may agree, but adding Elegy Mosaics would at least give them something to strive for and once a person has either collected it all or all they wanted, they can build excess in case they decide in future that they want that stat combo.

• 1 month later...

This reminds me of something that bugs me about so many commanders. Please commanders, stop ignoring legendary bounties. why do you insist on wasting people's time by clearing the bounty board of champs before doing the legendary? Do the legendary, move on to the next board. Only do champs if no legendaries exist.

@hellsqueen.3045 said:

Solution for at least the Elegy Mosaics which in turn provides extra loot incentive:

1. Allow champion bounties to reward Elegy Mosaics, at a rate of around 2-5 per champion bounty done. This allows the possibility for people who are getting unlucky with legendary bounties to still have a way to gain some currency so their trains don't feel as wasteful to their time. This also incentivizes running trains for more than achievements or experience which some people no longer need.
  2. Increase Legendary Bounties rates to 10-15 mosaics per one done and for added incentive, your first legendary of the day awards 20.
  3. This makes collecting the weapons a little bit easier of a feat to achieve. But as an added measure to balance, the price or the armor boxes should go up by around 10 each piece. (this does not make people who bought them earlier have an unfair advantage either because they would have received more rewards to purchase them with overall and they still receive one from each box for free)

I do agree that the Elegy Mosaic drop rate needs to be addressed especially if they intend them to be the only way to get Griever's Trinkets. At the current rate it'll take about a hundred or so Legendaries to get a single Ascended accessory. When people were complaining that PoF didn't add enough long term goals I don't think we were looking to grind out hundreds of Legendaries for some overpriced Ascended trinkets.

I like your ideas here. I think it might be a little too generous for legendary bounties to give minimum 10 (they can potentially drop 2-25 at the moment, far greater chance to get a 2 than a 25 of course) but the minimum should be raised from 2 to at least 5 so the range would be 5-25.

I also think that all Crystal Desert events should have a chance of dropping 2-5 Elegys. It doesn't have to be a big chance to be an incentive for people to join in rather than run past.

I think the rewards proposed by the OP are far, far too generous. Instead, I would just propose that ANet consider reconsidering their overall principles for bounties:

• Improve the champ rewards, perhaps with a chance of mosaics
  • Update the augmentation system: certain buffs shouldn't happen with certain bosses, certain ones shouldn't happen in combination with others, it would probably help to have a few more kinds

Separately, ANet's created a problem for everyone: by offering so much loot in PoF, the markets have tanked on all sorts of things that could have made bounties feel more rewarding. The only way to obtain certain items is via the elegy mosaics and the only way to obtain those is grind, while the other stuff that drops lacks many low-chance/high-value items — rares, T5-6, and even exotics aren't worth much these days compared to 5 months ago.

@Mister Asdasd.6194 said:Bounties where a blunder the way they implemented them .It is their typical design: gimmicky and tough/challenging bosses with 0 payoff and bad rewards(the usual green trash). Trains will go on for only so long until people get all achievements/collections/mastery exp farm and move on. There is 0 reason to go back to them. Even now i have difficutlies to find people for certain bounties i still need for collection items. In 8 minutes of fighting Dunechaser for the mirage axe ascended weapon only 3 people showed up...we failed of course because these bounties dont scale with player numbers and it was surrounded by sniping stupid floating trees that spamm thunders and heal themselves. Expansion isnt even out for about 2 weeks and people are already ignoring bounties.The only way to get your collection achievements now is to join squads and pray they havent already done the bounty you needed

Still better than the treasure hunting kits.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I think the rewards proposed by the OP are far, far too generous. Instead, I would just propose that ANet consider reconsidering their overall principles for bounties:

• Update the augmentation system: certain buffs shouldn't happen with certain bosses, certain ones shouldn't happen in combination with others, it would probably help to have a few more kinds

Separately, ANet's created a problem for everyone: by offering so much loot in PoF, the markets have tanked on all sorts of things that could have made bounties feel more rewarding. The only way to obtain certain items is via the elegy mosaics and the only way to obtain those is grind, while the other stuff that drops lacks many low-chance/high-value items — rares, T5-6, and even exotics aren't worth much these days compared to 5 months ago.

I guess people don't really pay attention to the loot that well then, the Champions already give you a chance of Elegy Mosaics...rarely, but you can get the, what you only get from the Legendary's is complete Elegy Mosaics used in making items with the Grieving stats, and that makes complete sense. As with all Champions you can get more than just blue and green un-ID items, you get the rare ones and Exotics...all increased by MF of course, besides the rest of the stuff you get.

@Zaklex.6308 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I think the rewards proposed by the OP are far, far too generous. Instead, I would just propose that ANet consider reconsidering their overall principles for bounties:

I guess people don't really pay attention to the loot that well then, the Champions already give you a chance of Elegy Mosaics...rarely, but you can get the, what you only get from the Legendary's is complete Elegy Mosaics used in making items with the Grieving stats, and that makes complete sense. As with all Champions you can get more than just blue and green un-ID items, you get the rare ones and Exotics...all increased by MF of course, besides the rest of the stuff you get.

That's a problem with the auto currency-to-wallet mechanic; it's hard to see all the loot, especially if it's rare. I used to check mosaic totals before|after champs, but never saw it change, so I stopped looking. Thanks for clarifying.

My point is that the non-Elegy loot that drops isn't sufficient to keep people's interest. The main reward in GW2 is always the trash loot: 2 greens & a blue add up to a lot of coin after not too long. The problem is that's not very exciting or noteworthy. Rares used to be interesting enough that they made it a guaranteed reward from world bosses, but now we expect to see exotics. And worse, very few of those exotics are worth much any more.

In other words, ANet created a problem for everyone, by offering too much loot in PoF; markets have tanked and as a result, bounty trains don't feel rewarding for the time/trouble.

Doing champion bounties feels like a waste of time. I did it for the achievements, when I see one popping up and a group of players is there I join in but I don't really care anymore about champions. The mosaics as bounty-currency is a good idea, but the champs should give some as well.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:This is the good old Arena Net failing to reward their players issue.Do realize it took like a year or more before they started rewarding champion kills with champion bags and exotics.

^^Made me think of that one time, when the Hero of Tyria saved every leader of the known world from a Dragon attack and got rewarded with junk items and a blue. ;)

@Zaklex.6308 said:

You sure about that? I mean about Champions having a chance to give Elegy Mosaics? I've never seen it and I've kept a close eye on it. You sure you're not just mixing up the Legendary and Champion Bounties you did on a run?

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Zaklex.6308 said:

That's a problem with the auto currency-to-wallet mechanic; it's hard to see all the loot, especially if it's rare. I used to check mosaic totals before|after champs, but never saw it change, so I stopped looking. Thanks for clarifying.

My point is that the non-Elegy loot that drops isn't sufficient to keep people's interest. The main reward in GW2 is always the trash loot: 2 greens & a blue add up to a lot of coin after not too long. The problem is that's not very exciting or noteworthy. Rares used to be interesting enough that they made it a guaranteed reward from world bosses, but now we expect to see exotics. And worse, very few of those exotics are worth much any more.

In other words, ANet created a problem for everyone, by offering too much loot in PoF; markets have tanked and as a result, bounty trains don't feel rewarding for the time/trouble.

I also have never received Elegy Mosaics from a Champion Bounty to date.Having a reward be so ridiculously rare that not even the Wikipedia dedicated to this kind of information lists that Champion's reward it, it must be super rare or non existent.Legendary bounties reward:2-3 commonly5-7 uncommonly20-25 rarelyThis is just too much RNG, particularly on already difficult to fight bosses.15 should be a base for legendary bounties and 1-3 should be randomly rewarded for champions.

Adding them to superior buried treasure made no bloody sense.

Archived