(Spoilers) ANet Reveals Contents of 7th Birthday Gifts — Guild Wars 2 Forums

(Spoilers) ANet Reveals Contents of 7th Birthday Gifts

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/seventh-anniversary-gifts-are-coming-soon/

Tagged spoilers because some people want the surprise of opening the gift.

Of note, they write that we get the gifts starting August 25, and I wonder if that means they have manually adjusted it or if they have forgotten that Leap Years shift the days so it's usually a day sooner now.

<13

Comments

• After 7 years of playing this amazing game, It has me wondering when my toons turn 7 years old...will we get anything other than some crappy level scrolls or tomes of knowledge and some XP booster?

I have tons of tomes of knowledge and those scrolls as well as already level 80 toons.
    Can we get something like the Kralkatorik Dye set with a choice of what dye pack to get?
    what about Skin of choice (non legendary/precursor) for any armor/weapon/mount from the entire database?
    How about a free account upgrade of choice / account unlock like gadgets/toys of choice? (i would love a fractal tonic!)

The presents should reflect our playtime appreciation is all im asking for, nothing extravagant but definitely something better than what weve been getting thats NOT revolved around RNG.

• A free skyscale =)
    (I really cant be bothered farming it..lol)

• @grouchybhaal.4275 said:
    A free skyscale =)

lol, i wish, but what if we already had skyscale?

• @Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

@grouchybhaal.4275 said:
    A free skyscale =)

lol, i wish, but what if we already had skyscale?

Ummmmm gold donation... Boost the economy..idk

• Cobrakon.3108Cobrakon.3108 Member ✭✭✭

How about Skins associated with each game version (Core, HoT, PoF)
    This is what I would like to see.
    An Outfit for core
    2 Glider Skins for HoT
    1 Griffon Mount Skin and 1 Skyscale Skin for PoF

• Adrianna.3092Adrianna.3092 Member ✭✭✭

it will be a lump of coal... because GW 2 players have been naughty this year.

• Glider.5792Glider.5792 Member ✭✭✭

@Westenev.5289 said:
    Y1: Loyal title, mini jennah. (very jennah-rous)
    Y2: Veteran title, birthday blaster.
    Y3: Faithful title, birthday finisher, Selectable dye kit.
    Y4: Salwalt title, selectable dye kit, 5000 karma, 1 city backpack.
    Y5: Relentless title, selectable dye kit, 5000 karma, 1 city backpack, 2 luminous weapons, 1 2 week lounge pass, 1 Guarenteed Wardrobe unlock.
    Y6: Devoted title, selectable dye kit, 5000 karma, 1 city backpack, 2 luminous weapons, 1 set of luminous armour, 1 Guarenteed wardrobe unlock.
    Y7: ???

So, If we look at the pattern, your guesses might not be that far off base.

Year 4 was also the mail carrier.
    I think this year we might get a glider though.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeFWMeskOJhk8N-SvOFCJXA
    Fractal speed kills, raids, Black Lion Chest Openings, random.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 3, 2019

Would be cool a voucher instead of an unlock, after 7 years can be nice to have the outfit of your choice, or better a voucher voucher: you choose between a glider/bagpack/weapon skin/outfits
    Like https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Black_Lion_Voucher_Dealer

But a perma lounge pass choice would be net.

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• Zeefa.3915Zeefa.3915 Member ✭✭✭

My guess:
    1 time rewards:
    Another title, a choice of a city backpack, a choice of 2 luminous weapons, another luminous armor set + maybe one more thing.
    These are very clearly made so it takes a few years to get to a full set and will most likely continue untill we have that.

Repeatable rewards that all characters will get as they turn 7:
    Another selectable dye kit, birthday boosters, experience scroll, birthday card(karma) + 1 or 2 other things. The last 4 years we also got tp to friend, but given they put a perma one in gemstore, this one might change.

Nothing game changing. Usefulness depending on who you ask. But if you ask me its pretty good. Sure there is stuff I don't need but thats how it will always be for some people. It is a reward for just owning the game (and having at least 1 character) afterall. You could have gotten the game at release, dumped it, come back at any point in the future and still get the goodies... not sure how loyal that is.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 3, 2019

@mercury ranique.2170 said:
    off course you are appreciated, thats why you get a present, handpicked by the devs. fully cathered to your wishes and desires.
    Irony besides, I find it rather opportunic to debate the gifte you possibly be getting, or even dare to express dislike when you get such a gift. You make it sound like it is a fundamental right to get a gift you like. In my personal standards, a humble attitude is more appropiate and I am gratefull for everything they want to give me.

I don't think there's any harm in giving feedback about what type of gifts you would find most useful or enjoyable, or maybe more importantly what is useless to you.

Last Christmas I made chocolate truffles as gifts for lots of people, and of course I wanted to know in advance if anyone couldn't eat any of the ingredients and whether they preferred dark or milk chocolate, if they liked ones with alcohol, or nuts, or cream. I didn't want to go to the trouble of making someone a gift only for them to make a show of thanking me and saying they'd enjoy it and then have to re-gift it or throw it away because they can't eat it.

I imagine it's much the same for Anet. Even if they give us something already in the game like the dye unlocks someone has to spend time working out what should go into the package. Unique things like the armour and weapon sets need to be designed, and I'm sure they'd prefer to spend their time designing something players will want.

Of course it's important to be civil about it, because it is a gift, but talking about what we would prefer and what we don't like could be useful feedback for them.

Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

"I know that I'm born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine."

• titje.2745titje.2745 Member ✭✭✭

the 6th present let us choose permafrost. it’s a nice present for me.
    7th present maybe nightmare dye ^^ xD
    or an outfit. will see what we get. time is already going too fast. let it be slow. first enjoy nice weather. :)

• dagrdagaz.4913dagrdagaz.4913 Member ✭✭✭

On this wiki page it sais that outfit was part of Y3 ;
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Royal_Guard_Outfit

On the Birthdays page its not mentioned though.
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Birthday_Gift

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

Im more interested to know if year 8 will give us a free level 80 booster or if Anet will skimp out on that cause they want to keep profiting on the gemstore ones :P

What would be really cool is if they release a special annual anniversary skin for each mount and give us a choice in which one we want.
    That would definitely keep people looking forward to the next year.

• Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭

With how they implemented the weapons and armor, it looks like this is what you're getting for the next two years.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@dagrdagaz.4913 said:

The royal guard outfit was a gift to all the ones with paid account when gw2 went free to play.

• Witch of Doom.5739Witch of Doom.5739 Member ✭✭✭✭

This year we'll get all the stuff listed above, but you'll have to grind 250 each of every single map currency in the game to open your present.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Linken.6345 said:

@dagrdagaz.4913 said:

The royal guard outfit was a gift to all the ones with paid account when gw2 went free to play.

That's how I remember it. The outfit went out on the same day as the first people got their 3rd year birthday gifts because Play For Free was introduced as part of the 3rd anniversary, but the outfit went to all accounts that existed at that time. Even if you'd just bought the game the day before you got the outfit, rather than having to wait 3 years.

And it's not part of the 3rd birthday gift for accounts created after that date. Or at least my free account didn't get one.

Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

"I know that I'm born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine."

• Synx.3750Synx.3750 Member ✭✭

Would like one of the Charged Quartz Orichalcum Amulet auras as a gift, all these years and not a single drop.

• Brother.1504Brother.1504 Member ✭✭✭✭

An infusion for the 7th birthday would be nice. 🤗

• Knighthonor.4061Knighthonor.4061 Member ✭✭✭✭

Would like skins for back and chest

• Konig Des Todes.2086Konig Des Todes.2086 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 29, 2019

Character wise it'll no doubt be:

• Level 70 Experience Scroll
    • A selectable dye pack of some of the newest dye sets
    • 5 Teleports to Friend
    • 5 Celebration Boosters
    • 5,000 Karma

Account bound it'll be:

• New title
    • 4th City Backpack
    • 5th and 6th Luminous Weapons
    • 2nd Luminous Armor
    • 1 Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock
    • Something new

That something new is most likely to be one of the following given the previous unlocks (in order of likelihood):

• Outfit
    • Choice of novelties (one option per category)
    • Gathering tool skins (one of three options)
    • Cosmetic aura effect (as infusion?)
    • Glider
    • Mount skins (one option per mount)
    • No something new after all (and something new won't show up until Year 9, when both backpieces and armor are completed)

On a side note, ArenaNet has been doing a lot of "maintenance mode preparations" for up to 20 years with the festivals. Perhaps instead of making something new this year, they'll instead prep for new items from Year 9 to Year 20?

All these squares make a circle.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

We can't have gliders or mount skins because they are tied to Hot/Pof, the reward should be accessible to all.
    Through why not an armor/weapon/outfit skin voucher.

I'm curious about what will be the 8y+ gift, I mean once we earned our instant lvl 80 boost, what could we have, another 80 boost? For sure we have karma, dye select, booster, tp friend and scroll + title

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 29, 2019

@Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:
    After 7 years of playing this amazing game, It has me wondering when my toons turn 7 years old...will we get anything other than some crappy level scrolls or tomes of knowledge and some XP booster?
    [....]
    The presents should reflect our playtime appreciation is all im asking for, nothing extravagant but definitely something better than what weve been getting thats NOT revolved around RNG.

We've already got unique skins (back pieces, armor sets) that are exclusive to advanced birthdays. I'd say those reflect the opposite of "crappy" and "RNG". :)

@Brother.1504 said:
    An infusion for the 7th birthday would be nice. 🤗

That is a lovely idea. <3

@Synx.3750 said:
    Would like one of the Charged Quartz Orichalcum Amulet auras as a gift, all these years and not a single drop.

This (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Charged_Quartz_Orichalcum_Amulet_of_the_Sky) has not been implemented yet. I'd love to see the Sky Aura, I can imagine it looks similarly to the Liquid Aurillium Infusion, with sparkling bluish stars instead.

• ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭

i got my backpack last year, so its means this year im gotta the luminous weapons, nice!!

"It's a testament to the folly of the humans and their gods. They say Arah was sacred, but all I see is one big dragon nest."(Rytlock Brimstone)

• maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭

After 7 years of playing this amazing game, It has me wondering when my toons turn 7 years old...will we get anything other than some crappy level scrolls or tomes of knowledge and some XP booster?

I have tons of tomes of knowledge and those scrolls as well as already level 80 toons.
    Can we get something like the Kralkatorik Dye set with a choice of what dye pack to get?
    what about Skin of choice (non legendary/precursor) for any armor/weapon/mount from the entire database?
    How about a free account upgrade of choice / account unlock like gadgets/toys of choice? (i would love a fractal tonic!)

Unfortunately birthdays don't count playtime but real years. Therefore they don't reward playtime. I guess we'll get some more back and weapon skins along with dyes

• Tumult.2578Tumult.2578 Member ✭✭

Well, they will have to change after next year. A level 90 boost would be pointless. It's certainly time they take a look at this. I suspect most players who have been here 7 years have multiple level 80 characters, and enough experience scrolls and tomes to maximize the level of twice as many new characters as they can afford.
    Personally, I'd like to see a free character slot to use those scrolls on, or a way to convert scrolls to something we can actually use. Maybe a new converter of some type.

• My guess is a level scroll, a dye kit, another city backpack, 2 luminous weapons, another luminous armor and a luminous backpack/glider.

• nosleepdemon.1368nosleepdemon.1368 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 30, 2019

I rather enjoy those little gifts, it doesn't bother me that we get a selection from the same stuff at all. For starters, birthday gifts are where I get all my new dyes from, since unidentified dyes have such awful drop rates for anything that's not a blue quality item.

• Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

So, you want better than dyes, weapons, armor, boosters, and tomes?

How is asking for more than that not extravagant?

• Etria.3642Etria.3642 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm curious as to which birthday present revolves around rng?

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

New title, level 79 boost, wardrobe unlock, 2 more luminous weapons, another luminous armor set, another racial back piece, a dye choice kit... and maybe a new thing. It seems they add one new reward each year (first they added backpacks then weapons and last year armor). So maybe a selection of a few glider or mount skins, or minis

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• Ameepa.6793Ameepa.6793 Member ✭✭✭

Some nice skyscale skin would be nice surprise :)

• Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Etria.3642 said:
    I'm curious as to which birthday present revolves around rng?

Wardrobe unlock, i guess.

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

• Dayra.7405Dayra.7405 Member ✭✭✭

I wonder if we will get a Lvl 90 scroll at 9th Birthday :)

• godofcows.2451godofcows.2451 Member ✭✭✭

beta pass to gw3 mobile game.

• Mil.3562Mil.3562 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 30, 2019

Give us a free character slot or a free shared inventory slot. And a special 7th year anniversary icon next to our name.

• Dayra.7405Dayra.7405 Member ✭✭✭

@Mil.3562 said:
    And a special 7th year anniversary icon next to our name.

You likely get another new title.

• Level-Booster and XP-Booster are 100% useless if you play for 7 Years. (also for 6,5,4,3 and 2)
    What 100% could be used are inventory or bank slots.

• kratan.4619kratan.4619 Member ✭✭✭

@Zephyra.4709 said:
    Imagine if it was just 7 mini queen jennah's.

Only if we can stick 4 mini Queen Jennahs into the mystic forge to combine them into one super-bot.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.