Big Game Hunter needs a small buff for PvE

cat.8975

So I've been playing a lot of guardian lately, trying plenty builds for niche scenarios. Two builds of the builds I've toyed with have been a DH condi (traps to proc f1 while cleaving) and a lowman vuln-stacker power setup (adept trait for cripple->vuln). The problem I always face comes from the grandmaster traits, and how they're all absolutely worthless in PvE if you need to keep your spear passive.

• 10% damage reduction/minor condi removal
  • knockback on longbow (lb is pretty useless for pve)
  • and 10% damage to targets with the spear debuff.

I propose adding the ability to keep the spear's passive (much like the tome trait in firebrand) while it's on cooldown. I don't think this would necessarily break any metas (~600 extra DPS in a meta raid scenario, can't see it being overpowered in a PvP scenario), but it would give a viable trait option for builds that currently lose DPS by throwing their spear.

tl;dr: Big Hame Hunter should retain the virtue passive while it's on cooldown. It would only add ~600 dps in a meta raid scenario, but would give a viable trait option to some non-meta builds where there currently is none.

They buffed Power DH so much, and Dragonhunter is shown to be completely oriented to Power damage since we have Zealot's Aggression, Pure of Sight, Big Game Hunter, Procession of Blades and no condition traps. It's currently one of the highest damage builds in the game for Power in PvE, and Big Game Hunter lets you unleash your burst with 10% more damage, so it's in at an amazing place right now.

They saved condi potential for Firebrand.

Condition DH has some pretty decent burst-burn potential for trash mobs with the trap cleave.

When duoing fractals with my friend (both of us are power) one of us usually runs DH for the vuln-on-cripple adept trait, but it means using our spear is a massive dps loss, and we have no GM traits to pick.

I think it'd be nice to add more synergistic options to traits, opening up some more niche builds.

@cat.8975 said:We usually run 1 DH and 1 core guard, as the DPS on core guard is stronger when you aren't getting buffs from outside sources.

Only if you can maintain 100% up-time on Aegis, which is difficult.

TBH, it would be nice if SoJ cast is changed back to 0.25 sec, PvE only. Other than that DH needs not buffs at all.

Archived