Vabbi Map Completion Is kick in the Teeth

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't have to. The very first time you complete a heart it counts forever towards map completion. No need to redo them over and over again.

This is from personal experience, having map completion while a couple of hearts were reset for the daily. the devs are not cruel enough to do something like that.

You actually only have to do each repeatable heart once to get credit for map completion. Once there is an infinity symbol beneath the heart (showing that it would be a repeated heart instead of a first time completion) it has already counted towards your map completion percent and you do not have to repeat to get the rest, even after daily reset. Every heart does not need to be actively and currently "full" to get credit for map, as long as you did each once.

@Kheldorn.5123 said:If you look at your UI, already completed hearts are still counting to map completion after reset. While I don't like repeatable hearts myself, your reaction here is unjustified.

Right so are you implying I'm not allowed to be angry about being forced to repeat content or no life my self for a day in order to get map completion before reset, some of us have jobs and families, while I play frequently on my days off I also happen to work full time, so I guess don't bother working on map completion unless I have hours ahead of me?

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:If you look at your UI, already completed hearts are still counting to map completion after reset. While I don't like repeatable hearts myself, your reaction here is unjustified.

Right so are you implying I'm not allowed to be angry about being forced to repeat content or no life my self for a day in order to get map completion before reset, some of us have jobs and families, while I play frequently on my days off I also happen to work full time, so I guess don't bother working on map completion unless I have hours ahead of me?

No, what he's saying is that you misunderstand. If you complete heart #1 on Monday, heart #2 on Tuesday, etc until you finish heart #8, the game will reward you with map completion as long as you've done all the other POIs, vistas, and waypoints. The repeatable nature of the hearts does not affect map completion. All you need to do is complete each heart once, and you can see if you've done a heart or not by checking to see if there's a little infinity symbol underneath it. If there is, the heart is done and already counts for map completion. If there isn't, you still need to do it.

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

We are implying that you are angry about nothing, because you don't need to have every heart complete on the same day to get 100% map completion. Once you complete it ONE TIME EVER, it counts towards map completion FOREVER. Even if it resets. You could do a different heart every day for eight days, and on day eight, you will have 100%, even if the previous eight are NOT CURRENTLY COMPLETE. So yes, we are implying you have no right to be angry about a problem that doesn't exist.

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

Of course you're allowed to be angry. However, in your haste to insist on being angry, you didn't realize that your entire premise is mistaken.

When you complete a heart, it gets a tiny infinity sign under it, thus you don't have to redo it to get map complete. Just complete the ones without the little infinity sign. You could do one heart a night and get zone complete. You don't have to do them all at the same time.

So what is there to be angry about?

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

I don't think that's what kheldorn is saying in the slightest. I'm also not sure why you've ignored four people saying that completing a heart once gives a lifetime clear of that heart for map completion, that you don't need to have all hearts completed for that reset in order to get map completion.

I understand being angry about needing to redo a ton of content to get map completion, but you don't need to redo a ton of content to get map completion is what we're saying, since completing hearts once means that it is forever unlocked towards map completion and you never need to touch it again, even after daily resets, to get map completion.

I'm confused about why you're angry.

You can also check the achievement that is listed under Path of Fire ---> Domain of Vabbi: Renowned Adventurer: Domain of Vabbi. That achievement will show you which of the hearts you already have done previously(no matter what day). Read the description to see which ones you still need to do to get this Achievement (and map completion).

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

The only thing I'm implying is your lack of understanding of daily heart mechanics. It was already explained to you, that those hearts you completed before reset are still counting after reset and you can see this in game UI. Your anger and frustration are unjustified.

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

The only thing I'm implying is your lack of understanding of daily heart mechanics. It was already explained to you, that those hearts you completed before reset are still counting after reset and you can see this in game UI. Your anger and frustration are unjustified.

Well, I wouldn't say that his anger and frustration are unjustified, just aimed at the wrong source. Repeatable hearts ARE confusing and depending on the size of your UI it is difficult to see the tiny infinity symbol.

@Djinn.9245 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

Well, I wouldn't say that his anger and frustration are
unjustified
, just aimed at the wrong source. Repeatable hearts ARE confusing and depending on the size of your UI it is difficult to see the tiny infinity symbol.

If you look at your map completion box it says how many hearts you completed. You don't even need this infinity symbol, just remember which one you completed. If OP looked at his map completion box he would have seen that after reset it's still e.g. 2/5. Whatever his personal opinion about repeatable hearts is, he's angry because he thinks he has to repeat them every day unless he completes map the same day - which is wrong and unjustified.

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

Do you even read a response before replying to you? People stated repeatedly that one DOES NOT HAVE TO REPEAT HEARTS for map completion. The game saves the progress and remembers which hearts you have already done once.

However, and that is justified criticism, the hearts you have completed before are not marked as such, unlike the hero points, so you need to remember which ones you did. ANet needs to do something about this issue, it is not particularly user-friendly. :#

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

Do you even read a response before replying to you? People stated repeatedly
that one DOES NOT HAVE TO REPEAT HEARTS for map completion
. The game saves the progress and remembers which hearts you have already done once.

However, and that is justified criticism, the hearts you have completed before are not marked as such, unlike the hero points, so you need to remember which ones you did. ANet needs to do something about this issue, it is not particularly user-friendly. :#

Both are marked in similar ways (for the repeatable HPs) which is also mentioned by some of the other responses.

Heartsbefore first completion it is a normal looking heartafter first completion the heart gets an infinity symbol under it, the infinity symbol could do with a color change. It blends too well with the rest of the heart so it is easy to miss

HPbefore first completion it has a + in the bottom right cornerafter first completion it has an infinity symbol in place of the +

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

Do you even read a response before replying to you? People stated repeatedly
that one DOES NOT HAVE TO REPEAT HEARTS for map completion
. The game saves the progress and remembers which hearts you have already done once.

The hearts are marked to differentiate between completed and not on my map. Perhaps you are experiencing a bug.

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

Wow....breathe.......Take the time to actually review your maps etc before going postal. It's all just pixels anyway, relax and enjoy.

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

No. He's saying you don't have to repeat them for map completion.

The UI (the infinity symbol) shows which ones you have credit for and do not need to repeat as part of map completion.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:I personally have to keep redoing the hearts because I like to be actually 100%. As in 100% map explored. So I use the little guide at times to show me which little nook I have not been to.I can't do that when the stupid thing is leading me to a heart I've done already and it pisses me off.

It also shows you events, even if you've done them before, so you'd have trouble regardless of whether the hearts are daily or not.

However I can understand the annoyance, not sure there's a good solution though.

@castlemanic.3198 said:

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:I personally have to keep redoing the hearts because I like to be actually 100%. As in 100% map explored. So I use the little guide at times to show me which little nook I have not been to.I can't do that when the stupid thing is leading me to a heart I've done already and it pisses me off.

It also shows you events, even if you've done them before, so you'd have trouble regardless of whether the hearts are daily or not.

However I can understand the annoyance, not sure there's a good solution though.

That is pretty simple. Change it from auto reset to manual.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@castlemanic.3198 said:

@"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:I personally have to keep redoing the hearts because I like to be actually 100%. As in 100% map explored. So I use the little guide at times to show me which little nook I have not been to.I can't do that when the stupid thing is leading me to a heart I've done already and it pisses me off.

That is pretty simple. Change it from auto reset to manual.

That's assuming that's something that can be easily programmed in. We have no idea whether it's easy or not, but for now lets make it a suggestion.

Also, according to this: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-fresh-start-the-new-player-experience-in-guild-wars-2/

"There are advanced settings in the options menu for more experienced players that will allow you to change the functionality of the content direction system. You can select to disable it if you like the way the game UI functions now, or you can select “world complete” mode, which will focus only on providing direction to areas for world completion.

There are still countless bonus locations that remain hidden in the world, such as jumping puzzles, minidungeons, bears’ picnics, quaggan pipe organs, and legendary llamas, that the content direction system won’t guide you to; the system’s simply there to provide players who need a bit more structure with a guide along their adventure."

So if you're after map completion, there is in fact a map completion mode for the content direction thing, which should hopefully steer you clear of repeatable daily hearts. Can't confirm if it works since i literally just found this out.

Archived