I guess we will have to wait another week for a scrapper fix? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

I guess we will have to wait another week for a scrapper fix?

I guess we will have to wait another week for a scrapper fix? I'm disappointed! :s

Comments

  • Vagrant.7206Vagrant.7206 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Unlikely. They do major balance patches about once every three months. The next major overhaul is due in late September, early October.

    The great god Lagki demands sacrifice!

  • It's unlikely, considering that scrapper is now working as intended.

    "Self awareness is knowing when you're sitting at the throne of ignorance." --Leo G.

  • @Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:
    It's unlikely, considering that scrapper is now working as intended.

    That is your opinion. Not mine

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Did you mean year?

    Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

  • MrForz.1953MrForz.1953 Member ✭✭✭

    @Warrior Xsr.1672 said:

    @Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:
    It's unlikely, considering that scrapper is now working as intended.

    That is your opinion. Not mine

    Easy now, that's sarcasm.

    In any case, I seriously wouldn't count on a move from Anet anytime soon, have to cope with it.

    Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Pirate - Jade Quarry

  • @MrForz.1953 said:

    @Warrior Xsr.1672 said:

    @Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:
    It's unlikely, considering that scrapper is now working as intended.

    That is your opinion. Not mine

    Easy now, that's sarcasm.

    I guess I missed that :) I'm just sick of everything killing me now and have no clue where to go with my setup. It took a long time to get my toon to where it is. I don't craft and don't get any ascended weapon or armor chest drops. It will take me many months to adjust to something else. I refuse to leave my favorite profession. I have run my Engie for 5 years straight. I just feel like I got shafted. :/ The changes they made were too much. :s

  • Honestly, I wish it was sarcasm. I wish it was just my opinion, too. Rather it is a lamentation. You see, the recent changes that we received to the scrapper line was the fix for scrappers. Anet wanted to nerf bunker and heal scrappers with this change. They accomplished that. Yes, the new traits are terrible in every game mode. Yes, most people don't like the new scrapper traits, myself included.

    There's a similar thread on the chrono forum, asking when Anet is going to fix them. The issue is the same there: the new shatters and loss of IP was the fix.

    "Self awareness is knowing when you're sitting at the throne of ignorance." --Leo G.

  • i still running the "META" build from this Forumchannel, works fine.

  • Matoro.9708Matoro.9708 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 15, 2019

    I think that scrapper is in a good place, and only number tweaks remain. I'm sure they're taking statistics on scrapper performance and might hot fix things if it's as bad as everyone says, but I still do fine. I can't say the same for core engineer, which first and foremost needs that turret rework. It's glaringly bad. I hope all this backlash doesn't remove that from the forefront. They can only do so much, and every aspect of engi, including the elite specs, benefits from updated core utilities.

    Society either needs a turret rework or to free bobby schmurda and I wonder which comes first?

  • I sure hope they let Scrapper be and started working on core Engineer.

  • I think the Scrapper changes for the most part are fine. The function gryo could use a little more health or the field it puts out could be bigger (or both). Condition damage should add to the barrier to open up builds. With the loss of 300 vitality the barrier gain for anything other than the most glassy cannon power builds is kinda lackluster. If ANet ever does a kit rework it would be nice to see them sprinkle a few more daze options throughout. Currently there is little reason the take any of the middle traits if you don't run a hammer/shredder gyro combo.

  • Samug.6512Samug.6512 Member ✭✭✭

    I hoped them to come up with something different than what they did to Holo (aka just remove F5). I hope 3rd elite spec will have some different trade off than just removing F5.

    [NUKE]

  • coro.3176coro.3176 Member ✭✭✭✭

    ..*cries in condi scrapper

    I would probably run core over scrapper at this point, except that I need to use the elite skill slot for sneak gyro. If I was able to trade my elite skill slot for an extra utility skill I might be able to get away with running elixir S instead, but as it is I don't have enough skill slots to make my build work without sneak gyro.

  • Vagrant.7206Vagrant.7206 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 15, 2019

    @Matoro.9708 said:
    ... I'm sure they're taking statistics on scrapper performance and might hot fix things if it's as bad as everyone says, but I still do fine.

    • I can confidently say that scrapper is once again non-existent in PvE (it was rare before, but had some use as a healer).
    • I have seen one or two scrappers in PvP, but they perform objectively worse than most holo builds. Prot holo is definitely better at tanking. There's probably an exception for drunk engineer, but almost nobody plays it.
    • I don't play WvW, but I hear the nerfs really hurt there.

    The great god Lagki demands sacrifice!

  • Jaruselka.5943Jaruselka.5943 Member ✭✭✭

    @Vagrant.7206 said:

    • I don't play WvW, but I hear the nerfs really hurt there.

    Anecdotally the nerfs seem to have cut the scrapper population by at least 50% to 60%. Really beat the spec up..

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Jaruselka.5943 said:

    @Vagrant.7206 said:

    • I don't play WvW, but I hear the nerfs really hurt there.

    Anecdotally the nerfs seem to have cut the scrapper population by at least 50% to 60%. Really beat the spec up..

    Not entirerly true, I still see roughly as many minstrel zerg healbots as before. They where not really affected.

    Roaming/random running around though... The drop is almost complete - and scrappers was rare to begin with, compared to holos.

    I still run my condi scrapper as main however, because unfortunely I am cursed with apparently being best at it out of all my roamer characters, despite the gutting of the spec.

    Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

  • @Elmo Benchwarmer.3025 said:
    I sure hope they let Scrapper be and started working on core Engineer.

    Aside from purge gyro and superspeed all support skills/traits of support scrappers are core skills/traits.
    So, I surely hope that medkit, elixir gun, inventions and alchemy stay mostly untouched.

    But it would be great to see buffs to damge core traitlines or skills.
    However these usually just get integrated somehow in Holosmith builds.

  • Matoro.9708Matoro.9708 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 16, 2019

    @Dediggefedde.4961 said:

    @Elmo Benchwarmer.3025 said:
    I sure hope they let Scrapper be and started working on core Engineer.

    Aside from purge gyro and superspeed all support skills/traits of support scrappers are core skills/traits.
    So, I surely hope that medkit, elixir gun, inventions and alchemy stay mostly untouched.

    But it would be great to see buffs to damge core traitlines or skills.
    However these usually just get integrated somehow in Holosmith builds.

    I don't see any precedent for what you mentioned to be changed outside of adding synergy to updated utilities, turrets being highly linked to inventions at least originally, for example, so I wouldn't worry. I largely expect core trait lines to be adding more value to core abilities if there is some changes - something I've noticed with all classes is that certain trait lines are not perfectly linked with skill lines - so if you wanted to buff kits for core I guess you could put something in the non meta traits? Would it then become meta? It's tricky.

    For example: Firearms offers obvious flamethrower synergy, explosive for bomb/grenade/mortar, alchemy for elixir gun/backpack regenerator - and tools offers the only 'general' buff to the kits. There is not one 'kit traitline'. Buff the skills alone, and you buff every elite that uses them. One solution I can think of is to buff that third core traitline for the core skills that need it (like particularly turrets, gadgets), so that the core engi that took it has turrets that have more ammo or auto repair, etc. and he now has a tangible advantage compared to the holosmith. As well as his F5, and even cooler would be an elite gadget or updated supply crate such that that F5 is really desirable.

    The other is just that there are some core skills that just aren't used in any meta builds, like slick shoes, elixir r, every turret other than heal/thumper, and thumper only because of anticorrosion plating + experimental turrets. Then they blow it up. Why give it a 5min uptime? Anyways, rocket boots - could be a ground target, traited utility goggles feels like the elixir U + B combo but worse. Tool kit is terrible at its intended job - the only way it could keep turrets alive in pvp is if it healed 200% per strike, lol.

    I think one of these days I'll have to come up with a whole rework draft with all the details so it's that much easier for Anet to pipeline it. Assuming I had any good ideas at all.

    Society either needs a turret rework or to free bobby schmurda and I wonder which comes first?

  • Vagrant.7206Vagrant.7206 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @revolucion.3864 said:

    @Matoro.9708 said:

    I think one of these days I'll have to come up with a whole rework draft with all the details so it's that much easier for Anet to pipeline it. Assuming I had any good ideas at all.

    Seriously buddy, don't waste your time. There is zero evidence that Anet value player feedback.

    It's almost heartbreaking to see all the excellent suggestions made by players over the last 6+ years treated with such a dismissive attitude.

    The last time an employee of Anet graced us with their presence on this sub-forum was the 29th of March 2018.

    Pathetic.

    And most of the time they do comment, it's simply to let us know planned changes, not actually take input.

    The great god Lagki demands sacrifice!

  • coro.3176coro.3176 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Vagrant.7206 said:

    @revolucion.3864 said:

    @Matoro.9708 said:

    I think one of these days I'll have to come up with a whole rework draft with all the details so it's that much easier for Anet to pipeline it. Assuming I had any good ideas at all.

    Seriously buddy, don't waste your time. There is zero evidence that Anet value player feedback.

    It's almost heartbreaking to see all the excellent suggestions made by players over the last 6+ years treated with such a dismissive attitude.

    The last time an employee of Anet graced us with their presence on this sub-forum was the 29th of March 2018.

    Pathetic.

    And most of the time they do comment, it's simply to let us know planned changes, not actually take input.

    usually too late by that point..

  • Ruufio.1496Ruufio.1496 Member ✭✭✭

    Did you mean 5 years? Because it took 5 years for scrapper to get buffed for a few months then gutted

  • Matoro.9708Matoro.9708 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 17, 2019

    @revolucion.3864 said:

    @Matoro.9708 said:

    I think one of these days I'll have to come up with a whole rework draft with all the details so it's that much easier for Anet to pipeline it. Assuming I had any good ideas at all.

    Seriously buddy, don't waste your time. There is zero evidence that Anet value player feedback.

    It's almost heartbreaking to see all the excellent suggestions made by players over the last 6+ years treated with such a dismissive attitude.

    The last time an employee of Anet graced us with their presence on this sub-forum was the 29th of March 2018.

    Pathetic.

    :c I appreciate the reality check, guys. I'm gonna keep that in mind more often. I just wish there was something to do about it. I've heard that they grovel over reddit posts - should I make a burner there begging for dialogue over these issues? Lmao. But you all know better than I that the odds barely exist for success

    Society either needs a turret rework or to free bobby schmurda and I wonder which comes first?

  • Vagrant.7206Vagrant.7206 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 17, 2019

    @Matoro.9708 said:

    @revolucion.3864 said:

    @Matoro.9708 said:

    I think one of these days I'll have to come up with a whole rework draft with all the details so it's that much easier for Anet to pipeline it. Assuming I had any good ideas at all.

    Seriously buddy, don't waste your time. There is zero evidence that Anet value player feedback.

    It's almost heartbreaking to see all the excellent suggestions made by players over the last 6+ years treated with such a dismissive attitude.

    The last time an employee of Anet graced us with their presence on this sub-forum was the 29th of March 2018.

    Pathetic.

    :c I appreciate the reality check, guys. I'm gonna keep that in mind more often. I just wish there was something to do about it. I've heard that they grovel over reddit posts - should I make a burner there begging for dialogue over these issues? Lmao. But you all know better than I that the odds barely exist for success

    Do it with some kind of sketch, comic, or art. For whatever reason, that trends really high on the GW2 subreddit.

    The great god Lagki demands sacrifice!

  • Matoro.9708Matoro.9708 Member ✭✭✭

    @Vagrant.7206 said:

    @Matoro.9708 said:

    @revolucion.3864 said:

    @Matoro.9708 said:

    I think one of these days I'll have to come up with a whole rework draft with all the details so it's that much easier for Anet to pipeline it. Assuming I had any good ideas at all.

    Seriously buddy, don't waste your time. There is zero evidence that Anet value player feedback.

    It's almost heartbreaking to see all the excellent suggestions made by players over the last 6+ years treated with such a dismissive attitude.

    The last time an employee of Anet graced us with their presence on this sub-forum was the 29th of March 2018.

    Pathetic.

    :c I appreciate the reality check, guys. I'm gonna keep that in mind more often. I just wish there was something to do about it. I've heard that they grovel over reddit posts - should I make a burner there begging for dialogue over these issues? Lmao. But you all know better than I that the odds barely exist for success

    Do it with some kind of sketch, comic, or art. For whatever reason, that trends really high on the GW2 subreddit.

    You're totally right, unfortunately I'm no artist. I can look through my meme folder and see if I can find anything that hits the point home

    Society either needs a turret rework or to free bobby schmurda and I wonder which comes first?

  • Matoro.9708Matoro.9708 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 17, 2019

    @Dawdler.8521 said:

    @Matoro.9708 said:

    @Vagrant.7206 said:

    @Matoro.9708 said:

    @revolucion.3864 said:

    @Matoro.9708 said:

    I think one of these days I'll have to come up with a whole rework draft with all the details so it's that much easier for Anet to pipeline it. Assuming I had any good ideas at all.

    Seriously buddy, don't waste your time. There is zero evidence that Anet value player feedback.

    It's almost heartbreaking to see all the excellent suggestions made by players over the last 6+ years treated with such a dismissive attitude.

    The last time an employee of Anet graced us with their presence on this sub-forum was the 29th of March 2018.

    Pathetic.

    :c I appreciate the reality check, guys. I'm gonna keep that in mind more often. I just wish there was something to do about it. I've heard that they grovel over reddit posts - should I make a burner there begging for dialogue over these issues? Lmao. But you all know better than I that the odds barely exist for success

    Do it with some kind of sketch, comic, or art. For whatever reason, that trends really high on the GW2 subreddit.

    You're totally right, unfortunately I'm no artist. I can look through my meme folder and see if I can find anything that hits the point home

    You dont need to be an artist to get a point through. For example:

    Hahahahaha, it's so sad that that is funny, oof. Just made this - not sure how to embed. Yours is arguably better. Ended up posting it but I think the mods blocked it - it never showed up on the list of new posts. Guess they don't like feedback, who'd have thunk it
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=FyYgzItlYUE

    Society either needs a turret rework or to free bobby schmurda and I wonder which comes first?

  • Rodrick.1942Rodrick.1942 Member ✭✭✭

    @Warrior Xsr.1672 said:
    I guess we will have to wait another week for a scrapper fix? I'm disappointed! :s

    As the first victim of this trade off patch( berserker), I can tell you the answer (or maybe you've already know) :

    NO

    Get used to it, or leave this spec along.

  • Matoro.9708Matoro.9708 Member ✭✭✭

    If we can't do anything about it, might as well have fun.

    Society either needs a turret rework or to free bobby schmurda and I wonder which comes first?

  • @Matoro.9708 said:
    If we can't do anything about it, might as well have fun.

    Wise words! ☺️

  • Chaba.5410Chaba.5410 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Matoro.9708 said:
    If we can't do anything about it, might as well have fun.

    Scrap scrapper.

  • Use to main healer/support scrapper in wvw. Now... I just dont play wvw till they fix scrapper... if they ever fix it

  • draxynnic.3719draxynnic.3719 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Samug.6512 said:
    I hoped them to come up with something different than what they did to Holo (aka just remove F5). I hope 3rd elite spec will have some different trade off than just removing F5.

    Don't hold your breath.

    ArenaNet does seem to be working towards a 'standardised' approach for what elite specialisations give up for each profession. Guardians have their core virtues replaced. Necromancers have Death Shroud replaced. Thieves have Steal replaced. Core Revenants now have an F2 to be swapped out. Warriors have their adrenaline mechanic shaken up, and now engineers have their F5 replaced.

    This leaves ranger, elementalist, and mesmer, and I suspect mirage is being lined up for a new set of shatters as well (and possibly also being made so that it needs at least one clone to shatter). Elementalist arguably always has its attunement-switching mechanic changed up, but tempest can still play like a core elementalist if they choose not to overload. Ranger is the difficult one, since the druid tradeoff (losing pet stats) probably isn't appropriate for soulbeast.

    I think the -300vit penalty trait was overkill, but the F5 substitution looks to be something ANet plans to be a standardised tradeoff.

  • Samug.6512Samug.6512 Member ✭✭✭

    @draxynnic.3719 said:

    @Samug.6512 said:
    I hoped them to come up with something different than what they did to Holo (aka just remove F5). I hope 3rd elite spec will have some different trade off than just removing F5.

    Don't hold your breath.

    ArenaNet does seem to be working towards a 'standardised' approach for what elite specialisations give up for each profession. Guardians have their core virtues replaced. Necromancers have Death Shroud replaced. Thieves have Steal replaced. Core Revenants now have an F2 to be swapped out. Warriors have their adrenaline mechanic shaken up, and now engineers have their F5 replaced.

    This leaves ranger, elementalist, and mesmer, and I suspect mirage is being lined up for a new set of shatters as well (and possibly also being made so that it needs at least one clone to shatter). Elementalist arguably always has its attunement-switching mechanic changed up, but tempest can still play like a core elementalist if they choose not to overload. Ranger is the difficult one, since the druid tradeoff (losing pet stats) probably isn't appropriate for soulbeast.

    I think the -300vit penalty trait was overkill, but the F5 substitution looks to be something ANet plans to be a standardised tradeoff.

    I know what you mean, but also it's very hard to compare unique mechanics between profession due to complexity of the balance. Engineer is balanced with Toolbelt skills available all the time, utility power & cooldowns adjusted to that fact, as well as lack of weapon swap.
    Toolbelt skills are also dependent on utility skills, that's why Engi can't get the same treatment as Guardian or Mesmer, meaning a new set of profession skills (and ye, Mirage will get a new set of shatter 100%). The way I see it, what ANet have done was basically removed F5 from the engi skill set. Imagine straight up disabling certain set utility skills for, say, Mesmer or Guardian when they choose to play an elite spec, and it's the same set whether you choose Chrono or Mirage, DH or FB. This, for me, looks like laziness and lack of creativity, and the last set of ESpec showed that when ANet wants to impress us, they can (look at Weaver for example).

    What scrapper needs IMO is a complete absolute rework from scratch. For example get rid of the ridiculous FGyro and Vitality punishement, let us choose Toolkit skills independently of Utility skills but double their cooldown.

    [NUKE]

  • Matoro.9708Matoro.9708 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 26, 2019

    Society either needs a turret rework or to free bobby schmurda and I wonder which comes first?

  • santenal.1054santenal.1054 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 30, 2019

    The next balance patch is going to be an other disaster. ( what else would it be?!)
    This is what they plan on doing. (they plan to lay their focus on victimizing the WVW players) (post made by irenio)

    @Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:

    Engineer

    • Chemical Field: This skill is replaced by Detection Pulse (from the old Sneak Gyro elite toolbelt) as the toolbelt skill for Purge Gyro.
    • Purge Gyro: Reduce the number of cleansing pulses from 5 to 3 in WvW.
    • Sneak Gyro: Increase the cooldown of this ability from 45 to 75 seconds in WvW.

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/85188/potential-future-balance-changes

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Seriously, kitten this Anet. Those changes totally kitten over scrapper even worse than the trait line changes and I didnt even think that was possible. There's already near zero roaming scrappers or anything outside minstreal healbots.

    If this happens I am out of scrapper, time to move to something else. Going to be a sad day, I've enjoyed the revival, got badly hurt by the trait line changes but could live with that. The sneak gyro nerf would ruin it.

    Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.