What are the chances a date for Alliances release is given during the August 30th live event — Guild Wars 2 Forums

What are the chances a date for Alliances release is given during the August 30th live event

Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

With the announcement and statements from Developers that New LW releases will have ‘expansion level content’ do you envision the possibility of an alliance release day?

What are the chances a date for Alliances release is given during the August 30th live event 158 votes

Snowballs Chance in Hades (0%)
81% 129 votes
25%
11% 18 votes
50%
2% 4 votes
>50%
4% 7 votes
<1

Comments

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

Very low chance, but I wouldn't be surprised to get a little more insight or at least a mention of it.

Very passive aggressively chuckling, because I'm totally not mad on the Internet.

• Liston.9708Liston.9708 Member ✭✭✭

voted 0, but would have chosen < 1% if given the chance

• Widmo.3186Widmo.3186 Member ✭✭✭

August 30, maybe true but not 2019, rather 2022

Dont mind me, I just randomly spam 35 skill-buttons

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Liston.9708 said:
    voted 0, but would have chosen < 1% if given the chance

Yeah.. I maybe should have put >0 to <25 as an option with the same for the other levels...

• chad.8701chad.8701 Member ✭✭

@Ayrilana.1396 said:
    I’d be shocked if they’re even actively working on it.

This ^^^^^^

• primatos.5413primatos.5413 Member ✭✭✭

Looks like we will get these Snowball thing :)

• Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭

Honestly, I think the game overall needs a direction and new emphasis. If this was a 2 hour event, I'd be a lot more confident that all game modes saw attention.

As is, I'd be happy if they get a promising message along for the main focus of the game first, then follow-up as fast as possible on spvp and wvw content.

Yes, I know people love to see "their" game mode see love (and WvW could really need a lot, as well as pvp) but reality is: PvE is keeping the lights on currently. For there to be any hope that WvW improves or sees attention down the road, the PvE cashflow needs to kind of be secured. I primarily PvE and WvW, so here is me hoping WvW gets some spark and reinvigorating asap.

TL;DR:
    I doubt that WvW or Spvp are currently significant enough to find space in a sub 1 hour presentation.

• Arzurag.7506Arzurag.7506 Member ✭✭✭

Seems like I´m not the only pessimist here.^^
    Anyway, at this point any news would be good news, even an anouncement that declares alliances as abbandoned, at least then I would stop hoping for a glimpse of new content.
    Mediocre weapon-skins do not fit my definition of content.

"I´m not big on sermons, Broken bones teach better lessons."

• @Arzurag.7506 said:
    Seems like I´m not the only pessimist here.^^
    Anyway, at this point any news would be good news, even an anouncement that declares alliances as abbandoned, at least then I would stop hoping for a glimpse of new content.
    Mediocre weapon-skins do not fit my definition of content.

Is it really being pessimistic when it follows the same trend we have seen for the last 6 years?

"When you power creep the game and make it so that spam gameplay is nearly as effective as deep knowledge and nuance, the quality of players will decrease." -Exedore

• Offair.2563Offair.2563 Member ✭✭✭

@googel.3278 said:
    They're milking players who blow all their money on fancy pixels. Alliance is out of the question, Anet caters to da hungry players who believe fashion is end game content

Funny enough it works.

Don't argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and own you with experience.
    Big Babou, Ranger for life.

• If what was mentioned in the roadmap is true it's not too unlikely that the 30th will come with a release date or at least an update.

I think I've mentioned it elsewhere somewhere but in april they stated that they had a programming team working on building the bulk code (ie., the programming equivalent of having a wireframe in place and filling it with concrete). That would have suggested early testing just before summer vacations and full QA testing starting sometime around now. A release day a couple of months from now would then not be unlikely.

Then again, other things could have gotten in the way again, they can have run into snafus or just given up completely. The 30th is still likely to update us on that. I'm sure that update will be decisive for more players than just myself.

@subversiontwo.7501 said:
    If what was mentioned in the roadmap is true it's not too unlikely that the 30th will come with a release date or at least an update.

I think I've mentioned it elsewhere somewhere but in april they stated that they had a programming team working on building the bulk code (ie., the programming equivalent of having a wireframe in place and filling it with concrete). That would have suggested early testing just before summer vacations and full QA testing starting sometime around now. A release day a couple of months from now would then not be unlikely.

Then again, other things could have gotten in the way again, they can have run into snafus or just given up completely. The 30th is still likely to update us on that. I'm sure that update will be decisive for more players than just myself.

I hope you are correct, (as I had to be to think about this poll lol) but it’s hard to remain optimistic after multiple false starts on things

• DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

There is a bigger chance they will dangle a different carrot on a stick to make a distraction from that. Maybe we get a new mount. That'll make a certain crowd happy.

• 10% chance of an 'update' that contains nothing new
    90% chance they laugh in our face
    100% chance you'll be banned for asking

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Grumpdogg.6910 said:
    10% chance of an 'update' that contains nothing new
    90% chance they laugh in our face

That means its a 200% chance they'll do something, so thats good.

• sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 16, 2019

@Grumpdogg.6910 said:

I laughed more than I should have, Im aware of people who have been actioned for asking.

That reaction is the main reason I believe it can't and wont be done alongside dismount skills for Warclaw and Swiss for PvP. Its almost like a nerve is struck each time its brought up and some poor guy in the office gets a clip round the year for announcing projects they simply cant do.

I do hope Im proven wrong...

Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion.
    06210311 251521 121512

• Henrik.7560Henrik.7560 Member ✭✭✭

Game mode is dead

[eA] Sakura | Kaineng

• Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yeah I would have gone with more than zero, but twenty-five is def way too high. In my imagination they wouldn't announce it they would just release it, but I guess they can't do that bc ppl would need notice to tick the wvw guild box or w/e . . .

• Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭

Be realistic . It's limit of probability approaches 0.

If you ran a development studio and revenue was declining (MMOs as a genre are giving way to low dev time games such as battle royale , "autochess", & mobile /tablet) you wouldn't throw money at a minority of the playerbase (also goes for raid elitists complaints). Maximum profit per dev hour is extracted from mount skin (only need to fix clipping per race) followed by glider and outfits (not individual armor pieces). Then weapon skins sets and backpieces.

If I had to speculate, maximum money is spent on the Living Story and rightfully so.

Be happy with your Mist Lord weapons, it's probably all we'll get this year unless there's massive amounts of money to spend on dev hours.

• New TOOL drops on the 30th... XD
    well..... at least Im looking forward to listening to that while playing.

• Baldrick.8967Baldrick.8967 Member ✭✭✭

@Ayrilana.1396 said:
    I’d be shocked if they’re even actively working on it.

Be fair now. There is an intern looking at it at 3.45pm on a Friday afternoon most weeks before they leave at 4pm, just as long as he has finished fixing some NPC's hair colour in PVE which is higher up the priority list....

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

Speaking of Mist Lords weapons, wanna know something funny?
    You don't need to get the hero weapons from the reward track, or open an exotic obsidian weapon box, to unlock them first. I can't tell if that's to make it easier for newer accounts to get ascended weapons in wvw, or if they getting lazy with the process.

Another derailing post. ^^
    EBG North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed!
    || Stealth is a Terribad Mechanic || Class Offense Defense Movement Balance is So Terribad ||

@XenesisII.1540 said:
    You don't need to get the hero weapons from the reward track, or open an exotic obsidian weapon box, to unlock them first. I can't tell if that's to make it easier for newer accounts to get ascended weapons in wvw, or if they getting lazy with the process.

Likely it’s the latter.

The former would take forethought.

• Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ok I Did It.2854 said:
    Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if on the 30th August they announce that WvW/PvP game modes are being scrapped completely as not enough playerbase are using them.

After all its been so long now, id doubt if they are actively working on anything WvW related.

Would that mean they could un-kitten Mesmer, Thief and Engineer?

How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], [RaW][TACO] Alliance, Kaineng.

@XenesisII.1540 said:

If you've already previously unlocked those, there is no need, you can straight away purchase. For those that have not done the track at all, and the others, I think you still need to unlock. I will double check later.

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:

If you've already previously unlocked those, there is no need, you can straight away purchase. For those that have not done the track at all, and the others, I think you still need to unlock. I will double check later.

I already checked... that's why I brought it up...
    That set does not require a pre unlock from reward track or buying exotics, unlike the two other weapon sets and all the armor. I still have like 4 hero weapons I haven't unlocked, and yet the entire Mist Lord set is unlocked. Not that I'm complaining, my alt account can now just skip pre's.... even though I just finished getting the 4 ascended weapons I needed last night... but that's besides the point. XD

Another derailing post. ^^
    EBG North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed!
    || Stealth is a Terribad Mechanic || Class Offense Defense Movement Balance is So Terribad ||

Nice, thanks. Will be nice for alts to get this quickly. Here I come XD

• Tinnel.4369Tinnel.4369 Member ✭✭✭

The same as the chances of this thread not being deleted by days end.

• Zippo. They don't treat WvW as an important part of the game. The sure wouldn't set aside a special event to announce anything about it.

• coro.3176coro.3176 Member ✭✭✭✭

Alliances release date: February 30.

• Etterwyn.5263Etterwyn.5263 Member ✭✭✭

If I wake up August 30th, with Eva Notty on one side of me, Monique Alexander on the other side, and a winning Powerball ticket in my wallet... that'll be the day the cure for all of WvW's ailments is announced. :p

WvW™ - where you find more Red Rings of Death than an Xbox repair facility.

• The announcement is going to be about build templates, they scrapped alliances, and they are taking away any good meta class we have for wvw...

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭

O want belie that it will be 0. I think "Alliances release is Fail"

• Thornwolf.9721Thornwolf.9721 Member ✭✭✭

Im expecting them to just leave it as is with no further development; I highly doubt they even care about it at this point or have any plans/resources going toward it as to them it wouldn't be worth it. Like anything else it, I mean why bother that part of the community is already unhappy and leaving and are "Toxic" so why not let it burn right? PvE will save the day! Probs gonna double down on raiding as it seems like they have more love for that than anything outside of Open world pve.

Honestly might be good they get out of the market before all the other RvR games come smashing in and clobber them; I mean there are a lot of them coming on the horizon as newer mmo's stray from PvE. So perhaps guild wars 2 and A-net know they can't compete because they have no desire to do what needs to be done, or pump the resources in to revive it. Either way I have no hope, faith or trust that anything other than a Living world announcement will be made with a trailer and more talk of build templates and then them maybe talking about more shiny disco ball auras. (At best.)

@Mazreal Blackknight.1564 said:
    The announcement is going to be about build templates, they scrapped alliances, and they are taking away any good meta class we have for wvw...

Don't forget corgi - they have somehow managed to find a way to put corgi into the lore, so we are getting corgi mount.
    Joking aside, it will probably be templates and just living story stuff, I don't think it will be anything beyond that really, unless it's more talking about systems that "may" come in the future. Who knows, maybe we'll be able to dye backpacks, legendaries armor and weapons. That is a long shot though.

• Etterwyn.5263Etterwyn.5263 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 16, 2019

WarCorgi skin? Yeah I might just buy that if I ever got back into the game. B)

Oooh- WarPaw!!

WvW™ - where you find more Red Rings of Death than an Xbox repair facility.

• Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 16, 2019

hope
    /10ofthem

you don't know till you know, ya know.

• i think we all know to expect nothing besides nothing when the topic is wvw

• Blackarps.1974Blackarps.1974 Member ✭✭✭

Raymond said in one of the latest Thursday streams that they just tried new code in the game. That means we are several months away. Unless they plan on giving a date that's sometime in 2020+ then I doubt anything will come up. Aug 30th will be about LS content and mount skins.

• The "expansion level content" line has already been used several times in the past by Anet. Basically it means that they are releasing a minor patch, but need to make it seem like it's much more than it is in order to distract from some release by one of their competitors, in this case the release of WoW Classic. You can look through GW2 update history and see that every time a competing game such as Archeage or a WoW expansion releases, there is always some "feature pack" or "systems overhaul" that is going to come out around the same time which contains "an expansions worth of content". It's pretty sad at this point.

• Korgov.7645Korgov.7645 Member ✭✭✭

For WvW we are proud to announce that DBL vertical design, objective isolation and movement gimmicks removed, server lag eliminated, world populations rebalanced, migration controls added, meaningful rewards added for winning matchups, a matchup comeback mechanism added, profession balancing separated from PvE, vertical progression removed, guild WvW upgrades only require WvW currency, and incentives for public commanding introduced.

Sorry, something wrong the teleprompter…

But look! A white unicorn mount skin in gem store!!!

• lokh.2695lokh.2695 Member ✭✭✭✭

Will happen "when it's ready"(tm).

If you want X, and Y is needed to get get X, you also have to want Y if you really want X. If you don't want Y, you don't want X. It's easy.
    Pro: Build Templates, Dungeon Rework, UW content
    Contra: New Races, New Classes, New Weapons, Capes

• Jugglemonkey.8741Jugglemonkey.8741 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 17, 2019

The results to this poll are both hilarious and kinda sad.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

The announcement is going to be about build templates, they scrapped alliances, and they are taking away any good meta class we have for wvw...

Don't forget corgi - they have somehow managed to find a way to put corgi into the lore, so we are getting corgi mount.
    Joking aside, it will probably be templates and just living story stuff, I don't think it will be anything beyond that really, unless it's more talking about systems that "may" come in the future. Who knows, maybe we'll be able to dye backpacks, legendaries armor and weapons. That is a long shot though.

I would actually pay for a realistically proportioned corgi mount, then put the largest, fattest norn staff daredevil on it. It would be beautiful.

Critical Kit, Deadeye.
    “If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.” - John Steinbeck

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:
    The results to this poll are both hilarious and kinda sad.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

I would actually pay for a realistically proportioned corgi mount, then put the largest, fattest norn staff daredevil on it. It would be beautiful.

I mean, it’s a small and likely biased sample size of course but yeah....

• Cambeleg.7632Cambeleg.7632 Member ✭✭✭

@Ok I Did It.2854 said:
    Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if on the 30th August they announce that WvW/PvP game modes are being scrapped completely as not enough playerbase are using them.

After all its been so long now, id doubt if they are actively working on anything WvW related.

And then, who is fault of this lack of playerbase?

Let me think a moment...

.... oh, we have a winner: ARENANET!!

Btw, zero chances. Clearly devs are lost in some forest, trying to escape of the rage from the WvW players who bought the smoke and will feel angry when realizing the truth.

• Cambeleg.7632Cambeleg.7632 Member ✭✭✭

@Blackarps.1974 said:
    Raymond said in one of the latest Thursday streams that they just tried new code in the game. That means we are several months away. Unless they plan on giving a date that's sometime in 2020+ then I doubt anything will come up. Aug 30th will be about LS content and mount skins.

New code? Seriously? After YEARS letting the game mode dying, and NCSoft showing the scythe and chopping some heads 'cos misleading the resources that should be used for upgrading GW2, they come with "new code" NOW?

Worst joke ever.

The game mode has no several months for waiting a serious step forward, sirs! WAKE UP, DAMNIT!

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.