These weapon skins stink. imo — Guild Wars 2 Forums

These weapon skins stink. imo

These skins are an absolute fail. You have the ability to make great skins, shoot we see it in the gem store all the time, and you insist on giving us this dookie. This is a stink pickle my friend. Did this take 1 day twice to make?

Comments

• Sad, but have to agree. A slightly improved version of Hero weapons...sigh....

• Tiviana.2650Tiviana.2650 Member ✭✭✭

What weapon skins? the mist lord, the festival ones?

• Raknar.4735Raknar.4735 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 13, 2019

I really like the shield (mist lord)

• mindcircus.1506mindcircus.1506 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:
    These skins are an absolute fail. You have the ability to make great skins, shoot we see it in the gem store all the time, and you insist on giving us this dookie. This is a stink pickle my friend. Did this take 1 day twice to make?

I liked 4 or 5 of them.... and generally I find maybe 1 in a new set that appeals.

To each their own. I thought they were much higher quality than many sets. Thumbs up from me.

• @sevenDEADLY.5281 said:
    As a person becomes an adult and gathers knowledge and understanding of the world around them, they come to understand some truths in life that often escape young inexperienced and unknowledgeable people. It's not the fault of these children honestly, experiences happen over time and through these life experiences, deeper understanding of the world takes place. One of these simple truths in life, that any functioning adult can tell you, is that what one person likes, another person may not like. I'll make it very easy to understand. Some people like hamburgers, some people like hot dogs, and there are even some people who like a salad. Some day you too will come to understand that there are many different kinds of people in this world with many different tastes. You'll get there sport.

-Slow clap-
    On the topic, the point is not liking/disliking something but the fact that these weapon designs are lacklustre "upgrades" of existing Hero weapons and other skins. If you compare these weapons to Gem store or even pve skins that get released once in a while, it's easy to see the serious amount of effort spent on the latter.

• Warkind.6745Warkind.6745 Member ✭✭✭

Mist Lord weapons look like what I'd expect for WvW content.

All is vain.

• Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 13, 2019

@sevenDEADLY.5281 said:
    As a person becomes an adult and gathers knowledge and understanding of the world around them, they come to understand some truths in life that often escape young inexperienced and unknowledgeable people. It's not the fault of these children honestly, experiences happen over time and through these life experiences, deeper understanding of the world takes place. One of these simple truths in life, that any functioning adult can tell you, is that what one person likes, another person may not like. I'll make it very easy to understand. Some people like hamburgers, some people like hot dogs, and there are even some people who like a salad. Some day you too will come to understand that there are many different kinds of people in this world with many different tastes. You'll get there sport.

He called them dookie. Who likes dookie?

Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Warkind.6745 said:

I take it you’ve frequented WvW over these past 7 years with us. 🙂

• Belorn.2659Belorn.2659 Member ✭✭✭

For people who has finished diamond rank each week, this patch should have hit about the same time as they finished all the skins (not counting that initial "bug" that allowed unlimited tickets during the first week).

An other 16 weapons, an other 16 weeks of rewards. I doubt we will see an other update in 6 months but its a possibility,

• DonArkanio.6419DonArkanio.6419 Member ✭✭✭

So you just want 10000 particle effects to make these skins look cooler? No, thanks. I like them the way they are.

• Knighthonor.4061Knighthonor.4061 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:

I agree with this. I am willing to buy Gem Store stuff, but the Weapons in Gem store 9 times out of 10 Suck. I want some Legendary level art.

• James.1032James.1032 Member ✭✭

@DonArkanio.6419 said:
    So you just want 10000 particle effects to make these skins look cooler? No, thanks. I like them the way they are.

Sorry but the 10000 particle effects are for gemstore items. These don't make Anet money so they aren't going to be shiny.

• Send them through the wash again, and yse extra soap this time. Or just spray them down with febreze if you're short on time.

• Knighthonor.4061Knighthonor.4061 Member ✭✭✭✭

Mistforge weapons seem to be a repeated issue at play here.

• Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@sevenDEADLY.5281 said:

He called them dookie. Who likes dookie?

Dookie was a pretty awesome album IMO.

I love them, they are elegant. I swear some people are not happy unless you can use a weapons flashiness to light up a small city.

• aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭✭

Not a fan, they look kinda bland.

@aspirine.6852 said:
    Not a fan, they look kinda bland.

The ones i like are the GS shield long bow dagger and pistol are my favorites. But the rest is kinda bland now that i look at them close up

• Cerioth.7062Cerioth.7062 Member ✭✭✭

People do not want too flashy skins, but apparently people also don't want too basic skins. What's an example of a good weapon set?

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Warkind.6745 said:

Sadly, that's true.

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

Except for the Greatsword they all look great imo. They're very elegant and detailed.

Very passive aggressively chuckling, because I'm totally not mad on the Internet.

@Cerioth.7062 said:
    People do not want too flashy skins, but apparently people also don't want too basic skins. What's an example of a good weapon set?

My personal taste i like a little glow, but nothing popping fireworks.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Aetherized_Nightmare_weapons

• Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

I like the new skins, in the way that theyre so bland looking i wont have to spend my tickets on them, but on leggy armors instead.

• Aaralyna.3104Aaralyna.3104 Member ✭✭✭

I like the new skins. Finally a non sparkly glowing "i get a migraine watching this" skin.

• Elric.4713Elric.4713 Member ✭✭✭

Did you actually expect them to put in the effort into skins that are not going to the gem store? At least they're better than the first set we got...

👻Legendary Ritualist Stance - Invoke the power of the legendary ritualist Master Togo.

• knite.1542knite.1542 Member ✭✭✭

Maybe we will get a cool set when Alliances drop. Alliances hype!!

Where did you get that from? I'm not making a claim either way. I don't make assumptions like this to push my ideas ... and neither should anyone else.

• Well, most of them are not bad, but WHY do they have to be big and clunky again?

Almost all weapons are way to big and look just FAT.

Why not slim, elegant weapons? Especially swords? Of reasonable lenght? No. Has to be way too thick, way too long, way too oversized. sigh

• Magnus Godrik.5841Magnus Godrik.5841 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Elric.4713 said:
    Did you actually expect them to put in the effort into skins that are not going to the gem store? At least they're better than the first set we got...

Yes i was actually. It doesnt need to surpass but be on par. These feel like they should have been for the festival instead of those upgraded sovereign weapons.

• FrizzFreston.5290FrizzFreston.5290 Member ✭✭✭✭

@sevenDEADLY.5281 said:

In my experience it's rather pointless to point out that an opinion is just an opinion (which is 5 words rather than one paragraph :P). It doesn't change his opinion on the weapons. And to then expect people to not share their opinion on a forum that is there exactly for that reason, seems like you're a bit out of touch with reality. We are in an age of (over)sharing everything. But that's just my opinion.

• AzureTerra.1642AzureTerra.1642 Member ✭✭✭

Then don't use them...

• crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 14, 2019

@Tiviana.2650 said:
    What weapon skins? the mist lord, the festival ones?

my guess OP is talking about the mist lord set...

think anet removed the voting thread, but i basically said the skins were so dope asf that they are unworthy of any of the names on the voting sheet

[RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭
  • Andy.5981Andy.5981 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 14, 2019

My own personal opinion of the new WvW weapon skins.

Shield, Sword and Dagger are nice.

Greatsword is nice but needs to be a little bigger.

Sceptre is too mace-like

Staff quite bland.

Focus is nice but is too big, its like a shield!

Hammer again too big, looks rather ridiculous, other than that its a nice model.

Pistol and Rifle are too big and bulky.

Torch is too big.

Shortbow looks like someone broke the top off it.

Longbow Mace and Axe are very poor.

Warhorn looks good.

6/10

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

Happy they arent a glowing mess, sad that they are a nornal mess :/

• @sevenDEADLY.5281 said:

@ollbirtan.2915 said:
    -Slow clap-
    On the topic, the point is not liking/disliking something but the fact that these weapon designs are lacklustre "upgrades" of existing Hero weapons and other skins. If you compare these weapons to Gem store or even pve skins that get released once in a while, it's easy to see the serious amount of effort spent on the latter.

Like I said it takes time to understand. Some people don't like the overblown effects on many weapons presented in the gemstore. Some people prefer a simplistic and elegant design. Personally I like a little of both. Sometimes I like the massive flaming greatsword and its many bright effects. Sometimes I think a simpler design with intricate small details looks good too. I understand that just because I like something, doesn't mean every other human being on earth also likes it. I also definitely understand that a lack of massive flaming effects on a weapon, does not equate to less effort. If you really sit down for half a second and think about it, you'll understand that its actually more effort to create an entire arsenal of simple elegant weapons, than it is to make one flaming greatsword. I also don't get upset and make a tantrum in the forums every time a weapon set comes out that doesn't personally suit my exact, specific tastes.

I never said a thing about fluff or particle effects. Personally, I dislike them and prefer clean, well-designed weapons. You are making biased assumptions here, and totally missing my point that the "new weapons" are merely slightly upgraded copies of already existing Hero skins. Period.

• Hesacon.8735Hesacon.8735 Member ✭✭✭✭

I like the skins, but the skirmish ticket price is brutal for those of us trying to craft legendary armor.

• nosleepdemon.1368nosleepdemon.1368 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 15, 2019

@sevenDEADLY.5281 said:

Let's be honest here: people who reference someone's age as an argument against them tend to not be particularly mature themselves. But it was funny nonetheless.

• Eramonster.2718Eramonster.2718 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 15, 2019

Mist Lord? Classic weapon skins designs. The design isn't bad actually, some I find it beautiful infact :smile:. In normal circumstance the weapon is appealing. If compared with a glowing weapon, the glowing one usually stands out but mostly because of its glow(captures attention), not the design.

Skins such as Mist Lord easily goes unnoticed passing by another player or beside us(characters, especially on Asurans :tongue:).

• Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭

I honestly like how Mist Lord weapons look. Although the focus is comically massive and the pistol/rifle barrels as usual look like they shoot baseballs. Compared to what is added to PvE and the Black Lion Ticket vendor, WvW skins do look a bit plastic.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.